Profile for David T > Reviews

Coolmore Stud: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Success Story
Coolmore Stud: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Success Story
by Alan Conway

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK but nothing new to read, 15 May 2017
My wife and I were lucky enough to spend a half day at the amazing Coolmore Stud in 2006, so I was very much looking forward to reading this book.

Whilst admiring Mr Conway's enthusiasm for the subject,there is little in the way of original research here and in the end I felt rather let down.

If he had managed to sit down with Magnier/O'Brien/Smith/Tabor then the book would have been far more interesting.On the plus side it is full of colour photographs of all the Coolmore legends.

Human
Human
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Rory Graham........A Star Is Born!, 5 May 2017
This review is from: Human (Audio CD)
Saw Rory on Jools Holland a few months ago and was blown away by his voice.

This is a simply stunning album and I don't think that I can add too much to the already huge number of positive reviews for Human.

Just buy it and enjoy.

Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades and Free Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick
Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades and Free Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 3 Feb. 2017
I bought these a few months ago & I am happy to report that not only are they fantastic value, they are super sharp well made blades as well.

Highly recommended and I would mot hesitate to buy them again.

How's Your Dad?
How's Your Dad?
by Mick Channon Jnr

5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageously Funny, 3 Feb. 2017
This review is from: How's Your Dad? (Hardcover)
Mick Channon Jnr is a natural storyteller with a nice line in self deprecating humour. It literally had me laughing out loud on several occasions.

This book is mainly based on a diary he kept of the 2015 flat season featuring his talented,workaholic,exasperating,dad, the former England footballer and now racehorse trainer Mick Senior.

I loved this book and actually didn't want it to end. I hope Michael will write a follow up book at a later stage.

Omega 3 Fish Oil Duo Pack, 2000mg per Daily Dose Providing EPA & DHA | 360 Softgels | Innopure
Offered by eBeauty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 10 Dec. 2016
These fish oil capsules are great value for money, and I have been unable to find a 2000mg serving anywhere else at this price.
Delivery was excellent as well. I will be ordering these again.

No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller
No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller
by Harry Markopolos

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 28 Oct. 2016
Tells the Madoff story from a whistle blowers point of view in forensic detail.

It shows how totally inept the SEC was after Harry Markopolos handed them a gigantic fraud on a plate & they refused to listen or see what was under their noses.

This really does read like a "True financial thriller" and I would certainly recommend it.

Zero Zero Zero
Zero Zero Zero
by Roberto Saviano

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Work But Worth Persevering, 18 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Zero Zero Zero (Paperback)
This is hard going in places ,and the huge number of individuals named particularly in the cartels is overwhelming.
Having said that I found it hard to put down and it is a fascinating and frightening read at times.

Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Lemon and Lime Shaving Cream Bowl
Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Lemon and Lime Shaving Cream Bowl
Offered by For Men's Grooming

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, 12 Sept. 2016
Bought this a few weeks ago and I have to say that I am really impressed. The scent is not overpowering and it provides an excellent cream when applied to your shaving brush.

Vitamin C Tablets, Optimum Strength 1000mg | Vegan, Vegetarian Society Approved | 3 Month Supply
Offered by eBeauty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars These are good, 24 April 2016
I bought my first bottle of these just under 3 months ago. Since then I have had a steady succession of people telling me how well I am looking.

I must confess that I am feeling very well at present and can only put it down to these optimum strength tablets. Will be ordering another bottle of these soon.

The Great Charity Scandal: What really happens to the billions we give to good causes? (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 8 Dec. 2014
This is a fairly short book, but it delivers an awful lot of information about a lot of awful goings on at some of our supposed "Charities".

Top marks to Mr Craig for researching and revealing this information. Everyone who gives to charity should read this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3