Profile for Mr. J. W. Lee > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. W. Lee

Mr. J. W. Lee "stagehand" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
St. John's Wort Miracle: Discover the Amazing Benefits of St. John's Wort to Become Happy and Healthy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 3 Mar. 2017
I found this book to be a helpful introductory guide to St. John's Wort and it's uses for various ailments, mainly anxiety and depression.

Speaker Spikes, Brass
Speaker Spikes, Brass
Offered by ARMCO

5.0 out of 5 stars The spikes do this effectvely and I'm very pleased with the quality, 11 Jun. 2015
I bought these spikes not for a set of hi fi speakers but actually for a subwoofer bass speaker on my Yamaha Tyros electronic keyboard
setup. Because it stands directly on the floor there was far too much --boom so I needed something to isolate it from the floor of my lounge.
The spikes do this effectvely and I'm very pleased with the quality. They look and feel very well made. I used the 4 brass bases which came
with them at first but as I move the speaker around quite a bit, these became a pain so now I have the spikes directly in contact with the carpeted floor. They aren't sharp, being rather more like cones than spikes. One thing I will advise is that you be sure to measure exactly where you want t position them on the base of your speakers because once they are stuck on using the suplied adhesive pads, they won't budge !
Believe me I've tried. I recently upgraded my keyboard from Tyros 4 to Tyros 5 which came with a new speaker system of it's own. I ended up having to buy a second set of these because I couldn't remove the old ones. This isn't meant as a criticism but as a testimony to how robust and
reiable this kit is and does it's job admirably.

Squirrel Resistant Cage Nut Feeder for Wild Birds #CF2178
Squirrel Resistant Cage Nut Feeder for Wild Birds #CF2178
Offered by Angels Aquatics & Pet Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed but poorly designed from the point of view of the birds., 7 May 2015
Very well constructed but doesn't attract many birds as they find it difficult to get to the nut compartment because of the design of the outer
cage.

Wheat Belly Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent suppliment to Wheatbelly, 4 Nov. 2014
If you've already read wheatbelly then some of the chapters are covered in the first few pages of this book. However this book gives more of a guide as what foods to avoid and making the best use of all the foods which are safe to eat.
Having already read the original Wheatbelly book myself, I still enjoyed reading this one just as much, and it has the added pleasure of being able to be used as a recipe book with contents page at the front which you can just dip into whenever you wish.

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health

5.0 out of 5 stars The most revolutionary discovery to improve health I've ever come across, 27 Oct. 2014
Very informative and interesting reading. William Davis explains in very easy to understand terminology why we put on weight and suffer illness and it's direct link with wheat and other grains.Davis debunks "so called" nuitritional and government and food industry authorities but aside from this, my experience of havng read this book, listened to Dr. Davis's lecturers from youtube and also began the wheat free lifestyle myself to stick to my rule of " never believe anything unless it's true in your own experience " is that this has already began working for me and I've lost 4 kilos in 5 weeks. My stomach is no longer bloated and my asthma and dandruff have gone.
I would also go as far as to say that this man may have come closer than anyone in actually understanding and reversing the ageing process.

Steepletone SRP1R-11 Retro Style 3 Speed Record Player with Radio - Red
Steepletone SRP1R-11 Retro Style 3 Speed Record Player with Radio - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smart, quite authentic., 24 Jun. 2014
I have held back from doing a review so I could give this item a fair trial over a good period of time.
Soundwise I would say that I am quite familiar with the Steepletone sound budget having had bits and bobs from them over the years such as nostalgic radios etc. In this way it lends itself to sounding pretty much like the kind of Dansette type record player of the past.
Lps sound good and clear, and the semi automatic arm returns to rest as it should do after play. You need to make sure you have properly loosened the shipping screw before playing for the first time or else the platter won't turn .
Bad news if you like playing 45rpm . There is an instability which causes the sound to be a bit like when you've recorded an mp3 at very low kbps. Sort of corrugated sound.
Radio is very good on Fm and locks into stations well.
Usb and Sd card play well. It would have been nice to be able to select albums as well as just tracks.
Overall I am well pleased . I have it playing in my office while I work and it's great to get out and dust down my Klaus Wunderlich organ Lps once more like in the old days.

Steepletone SBSK1 stylus kit
Steepletone SBSK1 stylus kit
Offered by DIGITEL TECHNOLOGY LTD (UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 24 Jun. 2014
Nice cleaning pad, could have been better if a stylus cleaning vrush had been added as part of the set

Avalon Organics, Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, 414ml
Avalon Organics, Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, 414ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good shampoo, 11 April 2014
Not sure as to whether my hair has gained more volume as a result of using this shampoo,but it's certainly not
frizzy now, my dandruff seems to have gone too..
Has a lovely lemon type aroma and produces a thick lather.Lots of natural ingredients too.

KLAUS WUNDERLICH Tour of Britain LP
KLAUS WUNDERLICH Tour of Britain LP

5.0 out of 5 stars Wunderbar!, 23 Jan. 2014
It's Klaus ! What more do I need to say. Actually I remember that this was a marvelous acheivemnt considering he only had a limited time in which to produce this album to coincide with his UK tour back in his Wersi Spectra Days.
There is a well balanced mix of orchestral and drawbar organ sounds and that unmistakable Klaus flare, yet he manages to cunjure a feeling of traditional British old time pub singalongs with tracks such as "The old Bull and Bush"
"Things Ain't Wot they used to be" gets the George Sheering type cocktail bar treatment with the familiar Wunderlich Wersi drawbars coming in for the Chorus. " Auld Lang Syne" introduces with a quartet of oboes which give an almost medieval flavour of past Christmases long gone ,leading into lush shimmering analog sounding string ensemble.
I admire Klaus for risking the gun sounds along with the seagulls in the interlude of "The White Cliffs Of Dover" This works admirably without sounding Cliche . Scarborough fair is worth a mention and Mr. W refreshes this number in a more contempory down town style rather than the usually heard folk melody.
There is much more I could say but that would spoil the pleasant surprise you're going to receive if you appreciate the Klaus Wunderlich sound in his Wersi Spectra days which were the penultimate time of his life and still sadly missed by all who new him.

Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Shatner
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan. 2014
The quality of these restored classics is great. The picture,sound and sharpness is like they were made yesterday.
The episode select mode is easy to use and doesn't force you to watch the nanny state threats of what they will do to you if you try and copy the film, bla,bla,ba. There,s no stupid adverts either.
Just wished we hadn't bought one of those daft windows hate style dvd players that you have to physically unplug from the wall to overide it when it locks up just because of a speck of dust on the disc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4