Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for DizzyChick > Reviews

Content by DizzyChick

DizzyChick

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 16 Sept. 2011
i loved this book so much i couldn't put it down from the first page. loved the charactors and even found myself crying in parts

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book (a must read), 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book so much that i didn't want it to end and would love a second book to continue the story. If only to see what happens to the villagers.
The story has likeable warm charactors and a few parts which makes you cry. A wonderful book you won't want to put down until the last page.

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, 3 Sept. 2011
This book was a joy to read. It had sad and funny parts all mixed together, but the story line was so good you wanted to get to the end, if only to see what happens to GIlly, the dogs and the rest of the characters.

Well worth the time and money. Will be buying more of this author in the future.

Never Say Never
Never Say Never
by Melissa Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly boring parts, 29 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Never Say Never (Paperback)
After reading Something from Tiffany's I was really looking forward to reading this book and even preordered it, but I have to say that I wouldn't want to buy this book again.

Because for me, this book left me bored thoughtout the middle section, I found some of the characters overbearing and only wanted to moan about their lifes. Also despite having allergy problems myself, I found the story line around Robins allergy's too much and seemed to go on and on, so I didn't feel that it was handed in the best light to the character. I only gave this book two stars, because the ending did have a twist to the story line and because it ended. But for me this was a very slow read as I couldn't be bothered to find out what was happening to the charactor, so whereas I would finish a book in hours or days, this took about too weeks. As my first book experience by Melissa Hill was very good, I will giver her another go, as I am hoping that Never say Never is just an off book for her.

Lastly can all publishers, please either supply the correct cover for Ebooks or charge less for their book. As I feel that some of them can't be bothered to supply the book covers for purchasers of ebooks, but they still expect us to pay the full amount. As a ebook customer, I would like to see the real front and back covers on my books just as much as a normal customer, instead of a grey page as supplied with this ebook.

A Hopeless Romantic
A Hopeless Romantic

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 3 July 2011
This was the first Harriet Evans book I read and I loved it so much that I went out and brought all her books on paperback and have since brought the complete set again for my kindle.
For me the Hopeless Romantic is my favourite as I just love the actual story line.

Something from Tiffany's
Something from Tiffany's

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put this down, 25 Jun. 2011
I loved this book so much that I finished it in one day. A wonderful romanic story with charactors so likeable you want to see where the story takes them. A piece of pure magic and joy.

Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her
Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her

5.0 out of 5 stars My fingers are crossed, 2 Jun. 2011
Whatever you think of Kate and Gerry's actions on the night that Madeleine went missing, please remember that Madeleine was only four years old when she disappeared. She deserves to be found, one way or another, if only so that Madeline can hopefully be reunited with all her family and put this behind her, or the family can say goodbye.

Both Kate and Gerry already know that their actions were wrong that night and are paying for it every day that Madeleine is missing. They are not perfect, but then who is, but they are paying for their mistake daily and have already missed so much of Madeleine's short life.

I have read this book and despite not having children, I can understand why Kate keeps fighting. She is rightly angry that her family and Madeleine has been let down, by the press and police forces in both countries. And the original time wasted waiting for the police to arrive may have caused this outcome. I would like to believe that, if this had happened to me, I too would be shouting from the rooftops every chance I could, if it allowed me to be heard. Especially if there is a chance that I could get even the smallest piece of useful information and because I know that I too, could'nt walk away if my child was missing. I would also fight any press or books that would make people stop searching for my child, as while people are looking for Madeleine, there is always hope.

Don't read this book, thinking that it will tell you, what actually happened to Madeleine that night, because the only person(s), who really knows this information is the person(s) who took her and they are not going to tell. Do buy this book if you would like to keep this story (and any others like it) in the news long enough to get real answers, the new investigation is just the start.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2011 7:07 PM BST

Wedding Cake to Turin (Romantic Comedy)
Wedding Cake to Turin (Romantic Comedy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, but not loved it, 19 Feb. 2011
Wedding Cake to Turin, was ok, I finished it, but for me it wasn't one of the books that I just couldn't put down. So if I brought any more books from this author I would get a sample first.

To be honest, I found some of the characters really silly and got confused about who they were at times and towards the end I was starting to get really bored with this book.

So for me it gets 3.5 stars, its ok and I just about like it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gift I have ever Received, 19 Feb. 2011
During the winter months or when I go on holiday, I am most happy curling up on a sofa with a good book so that I can relax. But I hate to have hundreds of books everywhere, so I am always giving new books away. The problem is that sometimes I would like to read them again.

The kindle was a christmas present from my other half. He offered to buy me the much more expensive Sony, but the reviews for the Kindle were much better, so we brought the 3G Kindle instead. This is the best gift I have ever had. It is so easy to use, small and light enough that I carry it in my handbag and take it to work and you can keep all your books together without them collecting dust.

Some points to highlight -

1 - To order books is easy as you can use the Amazon website or the kindle itself. If you order a book, it is downloaded straight to your kindle or PC as soon as the wireless is switched on. But be warned you are likely to spend alot on books because they are so easy to buy now.

2 - Samples can be download to see if you like the book before you buy (it will even take you back to the book on amazon when you finish the sample if you wish to buy it).

3 - You can arrange the books into collections (ie by Author) to help you find them on the kindle, search by name of author or book etc.

4 - You can get some books for free before a charge is applied to that book and some books are cheaper than buying a paperback.

5 - You can remove a book from the kindle, but unless you go into your amazon account and delete it, the book can be down loaded again if you change your mind at a later date.

6 - You can use your kindle to read the book description at any time and if you have already ordered a book and then go back into that same book details, it will tell you that the book has already been purchased by you and the date, in order to remind you that you already own it.

My only comments (which have nothing to do with Amazon or the Kindle - but can reduce the enjoyment of the kindle) is that some well know books are still not available as yet (Harry Potter, Rebecca - But you can place a request via Amazon to ask the publisher for this book) and some of the publishers are not putting the book cover on the ebook, which I don't agree with, because you are still buying the book and as in some cases you are paying more for the book than if you were to buy the paperback version, lastly there have been a couple of silly mistakes within the books, but not enough for me to get lost from the story.

The Hating Game
The Hating Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be looking out for this author again, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Hating Game (Kindle Edition)
I feel that you can always tell a good book, when you are enjoying the story so much, that in my case I don't want to put the book down. I can't wait to find out what happens in the end, but when I reach the final page and the story is finished, I feel sad that my enjoyment of that book is over. A good author is someone who can write such a story and makes you want to go straight out and buy another.

The Hating Game is therefore what I call I good book. I found it funny, well written and I loved the characters, so much that I had to finish the story (Within a day). Simply because I really wanted to know what happened to the characters at the end. I therefore feel that Talli Roland is going to be a good author and if this is really her first book, then I for one, hope that she is about to release another book very soon. But whenever she does release her second book, I will be watching and waiting, to purchase it, as I can't wait to see if it is as good as or better then the Hating Game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5