Profile for KT > Reviews

KT (Milton Keynes)

Lowepro Dashpoint 20 Bag for Camera - Slate Grey
Lowepro Dashpoint 20 Bag for Camera - Slate Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and practical, all good, 4 Jun. 2016
Just a little bit bulky for my S95, but means i can fit my phone in too as well as a few SD cards. Carry strap is very comfortable. Happy with purchase

Invisibobble Traceless Hair Ring and Bracelet, Submarine Yellow Suitable for All Hair Types

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, they work on even fine hair!, 4 Jun. 2016
Really work, don't leave a mark. A little bit chunky visually but worth it for no kinks and I have super fine hair. Very happy indeed :)

Matchæologist - Hyperpremium Matcha Green Tea Powder · Highest Quality Ceremonial Grade Artisanal Matcha 20g (Meiko - Full-bodied with Subtle Floral Aromas)
Offered by Matchaeologist

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 4 Jun. 2016
Really wanted to like this but not keen at all, was given as a present from a friend as I love Matcha but really not sure of the aftertaste with this product - gobsmacked at all the five star positive reviews?? Would not recommend, much better options out there and cheaper too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2016 6:07 PM BST

RSPB Window Bird Feeder
RSPB Window Bird Feeder

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor suckers and birds didn't like it, 4 Jun. 2016
Birds never came and we have an abundance in our garden - and what's worse it continually wouldn't suction properly. Third time in two weeks it fell on the floor so it was binned. Such a waste, would not recommend at all.

Clarks Original Maple Syrup Blended with Carob fruit Syrup - 6 x 180ml
Clarks Original Maple Syrup Blended with Carob fruit Syrup - 6 x 180ml
Offered by Ingenuity Ireland

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do be aware this is only 35% maple syrup, 19 Nov. 2014
I just wanted to make others aware this is actually not pure maple syrup, but a blend of carob fruit syrup and maple syrup (35% maple syrup according to the label in front of me).

I completely understand I should have read the bottle better before grabbing it in the supermarket but from reading other reviews I can see others have made the same mistake.

This product tasted sweet, but for me it’s nowhere near as good as the real thing which is what I was expecting (foolishly I know considering the price).Perhaps Clarks could consider changing the name to Carob Fruit Syrup since this is the main ingredient?? Hope this review helps others that didn't realise it’s not pure maple syrup.

Bake
Bake
by Rachel Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed... inconsistent... the book and the end results, 28 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Bake (Hardcover)
Firstly, I really like Rachel Allen, I think she's brilliant on the TV and explains things really well, like why it's important to have your ingredients at room temperature. So I bought the book after really enjoying the "Bake" series on TV. But in short I was really disappointed.

Things I like about the book:

- The photos / lay out of the recipes
- The variety of recipes
- The easy to follow instructions

The only I don't like about the book but which ruins the whole things for me:

- The quantities seem wrong on a number of recipes! e.g. too many oats in the oat cookies, and the gingerbread house recipe makes enough dough for the house and a gingerbread army?

Although I have to question myself when almost 200 people disagree with me and think this book is amazing - maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i'm a keen baker and haven't encountered these problems with either Nigella's / Delia's books - which I would definitely recommend them over Rachel.

For me I will keep watching Rachel on the TV and get my inspiration from there. A nice book, just a shame about the quantities, which make me nervous to try any of her other books / or indeed any more recipes in this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2015 3:00 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain vanilla pods, 28 Nov. 2010
Excellent. I was a little suspect of the quality having massively overpaid for vanilla pods for many years now.

Placed order - 3 days later 10 vanilla pods received - and they are just great. Having saved vanilla pods in the past for 'cooking for special occasions', they are now so much more affordable and I have noticed no difference at all in the quality of these, absolutely brilliant for proper custard and using in ice cream - you really can't beat proper vanilla!

Le Creuset Cast Iron and Stoneware Gift Set, 4 Piece, Volcanic
Le Creuset Cast Iron and Stoneware Gift Set, 4 Piece, Volcanic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic despite a hiccup, 6 Aug. 2009
The cast iron frying pan and casserole dish are fantastic. The 22 inch casserole dish is perfect for 2 people, if you usually do meals for 3 / 4 people then the 24 inch casserole dish is probably better.

The same as the other reviewer though - our large stoneware dish developed a crack when it was first used. However after sending it back to Le Creuset (sent freepost) and a couple of weeks they sent us a brand new replacement, no questions asked, and it's been brilliant ever since.

The stoneware is pretty average - but the cast iron stuff transfers heat at a really quick rate, and the heat is evenly spread. And I love that the casserole dish can go straight off the hob and into a really hot oven.

Have had this set now since Jan 2009, we've used the cast iron stuff almost every day and not experienced any other problems.

Great stuff. Will definitely be buying some more cast iron Le Creuset products.