Profile for Zoe Willis > Reviews

Zoe Willis

Annie Get Your Gun [DVD] [1950]
Annie Get Your Gun [DVD] [1950]
Dvd ~ Betty Hutton

5.0 out of 5 stars I found reading other reviews very useful both before and after buying this DVD, 9 Dec. 2016
I found reading other reviews very useful both before and after buying this DVD...... whatever the trials and tensions there were making the film, none of this is evident onscreen. Betty Hutton's performance is so full of life and also really touching at times and she and Howard Keel make a zesty couple; his rich voice is wonderful to hear. The entire supporting cast provide bucketloads of charm. It must have been very hard work making this film; there were so many talented people at MGM making films in the 1940s and 50s and this film provides evidence of that.

Shine
Shine

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding voice, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Shine (Audio CD)
Heard this album for the first time when i bought it last week. This stands the test of time thanks to Frida's truly amazing voice. Good songs also...so beautifully sung she makes you listen to the lyrics. Love Frida, love this.

Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
by Loren Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky find, 15 Sept. 2013
Such a thoughtful and beautiful book. i found this by chance when ordering some library books online so ordered this also. Then I liked it so much i bought a copy. I love the little biographies of all the people Barack Obama features in the book and the illustrations fit his words so well. Have been reading it myself and also to my one year old son who enjoys the pictures and the rhythm of the words. This book can be enjoyed by people of all ages. You are never too young or too old to open a book and feel uplifted.