Profile for Steve R > Reviews

Content by Steve R

Steve R (Norfolk)

Page: 1 | 2
Gorilla GC-LP100 12" Vinyl Record Storage Box Flight Carry Case Holds 100 Vinyl (Urban Camo)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 6 Nov. 2016
Due to an ever expanding vinyl collection, I needed a new box to keep them safe and sound and decided to go for this Gorilla box, which holds 100 12'' records. I paid £29.95 for the box and I can't believe what amazing value for money it is. The box is sturdy and the catch mechanism is positive and strong. It looks great too and it takes all the records including double gate folds which all have extra protective plastic sleeves on them easily without pinching them or making it difficult to remove them from the box. If you look around you'll see that most boxes that only hold 50 records cost more than this one. A mention for the seller too, it was free delivery but it was still delivered less than 24 hours after I ordered it so very happy to recommend the company. If you're looking for a record storage box, look no further, you won't find better at this price.

Mens classic Brando Biker style Real Leather Jacket #B2
Mens classic Brando Biker style Real Leather Jacket #B2
Price: £78.00 - £91.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, some sizing info:, 6 April 2016
I thought long and hard about buying this jacket, having read every single review it appeared that the majority of people were saying go for a size bigger than normal, but that seemed a bit hit and miss for me. I looked at the measurement chart shown on the ad, matched it against my measurements and then measured two of my other leather jackets as a comparison. I like my leather jackets to be snug fitting, but not tight and restrictive, and I only wear a t shirt under my jacket, not hoodies. I'm 5'8 with 44' chest and 34' waist. I ordered the large, and it fitted perfectly and the sleeves are in proportion in terms of length, far too many leather jacket makers think we all have arms twice the length of an orangutan. So to sum up, the measurements shown are accurate in my case, however if you want to wear a thick hoodie under the jacket, or like plenty of room and a looser fit then I would suggest going one size up. The jacket itself is great quality and looks the business and is amazing value.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of reviews mention poor packaging and some components damaged, 15 Aug. 2015
Just received the bathroom cabinet, lots of reviews mention poor packaging and some components damaged. Mine arrived within 24 hours of ordering, was very well packed and completely undamaged. Reviewers also mention poor quality instructions, but to be frank if you have the most basic of DIY skills, ie you know which end of the screwdriver to use, and possess a little common sense, then assembly is not a problem. It's not a krypton factor challenge. After half an hour I had a very neat looking cabinet, and my wife thinks it looks great and pronounced herself very happy with it. So that's ok then. For £25 quid I think it's great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality drumstick bag, great price, 27 Jun. 2015
Needed to replace my old drumstick bag, and spent a long time looking for a suitable one. I wanted it to have a separate zip pocket for drum key, felts, moon gel etc, carrying handles, a shoulder strap and decent clips to hang the bag from the floor tom. Two bags fitted the bill, a Meinl bag usual retail over £20, although available currently at around £14, and this bag which cost £7 and included free postage. I was not in a huge hurry for it as this company is based in China and the bag was to be sent via China post so I took a punt and ordered it. I was amazed that the bag arrived 4 days after I ordered it. The quality of the bag is excellent and has all the features I required and is less than half the price of the comparable big name bags. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, amazing value, 19 Dec. 2014
Won't bore you with the details but all my working life I have worn military/tactical boots, some provided and very expensive, and some I have paid for myself. My current job requires me to wear decent sturdy boots, so I've been looking around, nearly didn't bother with these due to the ridiculously low price. These are amazing quality and incredibly comfortable and supportive. The leather is indeed high grade as stated. I can highly recommend these boots, and at this price you won't find better.

Padded Drum Bag Set By Gear4music
Padded Drum Bag Set By Gear4music
Offered by Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Padded Drum Bag Set By Gear4music
Well, like everybody else who has reviewed these drum bags by gear4music, I cannot believe the quality for the price. If after seeing these bags I'd been told they were £150 + I would not have been surprised and would have thought they were good value. These house and completely protect my prized Sonor drum kit when transporting to practice and gigs, and my Zildjian cymbals and hi-hats all fit nicely into the zipped cymbal sleeves on the top of the bags. If you are considering buying some kit protection, and you think that £50 odd can't buy PROPER protection for your kit, think again. I really don't know how gear4music produce these bags at this price, but they do, so just buy them.

Let's Escape - Premium
Let's Escape - Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, good game, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Let's Escape - Premium (App)
Managed to stick with it through the trickier levels as I'm one of the stubborn gits who refuse to cheat or use walkthroughs! Kept me entertained and I've started the world edition. A good example of the escape games, I'd recommend it.

9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for more levels, so here it is., 20 April 2014
I like puzzle games and this one is quite entertaining and has kept me amused for a while. I saw from previous reviews that you need to purchase to complete the game, and I've just reached a point where I have to leave a good review to get more levels. Fair enough!
So here it is.

In The Dynamite Jet Saloon MMX
In The Dynamite Jet Saloon MMX

1.0 out of 5 stars How to destroy a classic album in one easy lesson, 11 April 2011
When I heard that Tyla was going to re-record the Dogs D'amour's classic 'In the Dynamite Jet Saloon' I was cautiously optimistic. The only problem with the original release was that the production was a little weak and I hoped that a sympathetic rendering of the original tracks using modern production techniques might be worth having. Sadly not, Tyla has chosen to piss all over the grave of the original, completely disrespecting it and proving once and for all that you should leave classic albums well alone.
For christs sake, he couldn't even be arsed to stick to the original track listing, there's no 'Debauchery', 'Gonna get It Right', 'Heartbreak', 'Medicine Man', and depending on the version you had, no 'Kid From Kensington'. The tracks on this version are almost unrecognisable from the originals and Tyla's vocals, never great but always with a certain rough charm, have become a terrible self parody.
The original cd remains one of my all time favourite albums, but as for this version, I wish I'd never heard it, I hate it, and I will never listen to it again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2013 9:52 PM GMT

Burning Your House Down
Burning Your House Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly flammable....Handle with extreme caution, 12 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Burning Your House Down (Audio CD)
The awesome Jim Jones Revue are back to drive a dagger into the heart of all emotionless, soulless music. This is real, authentic, passionate, raw, exciting, rock n roll with one foot rooted in the past and paying homage to Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis at their wildest, but the other firmly in a different place where they kick ass alongside the likes of the MC5, Iggy, The Pistols, and Motorhead.
This second cd ( not including the 'Here to save your soul' compilation ) has done away with the intentionally lo-fi distorted garage production of the debut, which served to showcase the raw aggression of the band, for a more bottom heavy and clearer production, and it is a brilliant effort as the songs on this cd still rip and tear out of your speakers and bristle with the pure energy of the band in the live situation and yet show more of the great ivory tinkling and razor sharp riffs and lead breaks that litter this cd. The rhythm section is superb too, loads of pumping walking basslines and rock solid drumming and the simply unbelievable throat shredding banshee wail of Mr Jones, a bloke who knows a thing or three about writing great rock n roll songs.
If you are any kind of a fan of old style rock n roll or a fan of great hard rock, either way you're going to love this cd. There are no fillers here, I genuinely cannot pick out a favourite track above any other. And with respect to another reviewer, I don't believe that RFTC can bear much comparison to JJR, this is altogether a nastier, louder and more aggressive beast.
See this band live if you can and buy this cd. Turn it up LOUD and don't forget to wear asbestos gloves and underpants.

Page: 1 | 2