Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic book, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
I am not the cushy type...however this bok is undoubtedly one of the best I have ever read. the pace and intricacies of the plot are superb... please don't stop writing. eleven out of ten. the only disappointment was when I reached the last page.

The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas Book 3)
The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Dec. 2013
absolute escapism. loved it.. if you want a delight then read this book

I think the best of the series so far

To the Death
To the Death
by Perseus
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars how disappointing, 7 May 2012
One of the things I used to admire in these books is the painstaking detail: How fragments were knitted together and the momentum of the story builds and builds.. Finally the layers form the vista of a story often streching from the poersonal insights of a character to a nation or world wide incident.

This story was lightweight; of all the things the Admiral is, the story paints him as a bull headed fool who despite having a terrorist targetting him continues with his holiday???

It strokes me that Mr Robinson has fallen foul of the requirmeent to 'churn' formulaic storys out...

what a shame

Breaking Through: The Making of Minority Executives in Corporate America (Harvard Business Review) (Harvard Business Review (Hardcover))
by Dr. David A. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Jan. 2012
full of jargon, academia and a little too us centric..I had to dig for the nuggets within it..Not a massive help i'm afraid as it left me thinking "so what" rather than "ehy not!"

With Love, Papa
With Love, Papa
by Bear Grylls

4.0 out of 5 stars simple. powerful and passionate, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: With Love, Papa (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son who is well past bed time stories... However the sheer simplicity and power of this book was heartfelt and made it a wonderful present for him.. I hope he then passes this to his sons. sometimes we forget that it doesnt need to be complicated or wrapped in an expensive bow to let someone know they are wonderful and that you are proud. As your children get older, try to remember they need more hughs and not less.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Jan. 2012
I had yearned for this compilation for some time and thought "what the heck" and treated myself. It is ok but nothing different to any of the other mediation discs I have purchased...for me this is not the hype or the cost

Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
by Simon Sinek

3.0 out of 5 stars so so but................, 3 Jan. 2012
I enjoyed the ted.com 15 minute presentation from this author and thought, "why not?" and purchased the book. I have to say the simple theme within it is enduring but unfortunately the ted talk was as informative.

Ok for those who already have fashioned their own style and are looking for an affirmation they are on the right path.

Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right
Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right
by Joseph L Badaracco

2.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm........, 22 Dec. 2011
I have wanted this book for a while so invested in a used copy. I had already read 'leading quietly' : I have to say I was disappointed. The book is written almost as an academic helicopter ride, high level, a few hovering moments and then due to fuel limitations you return to base. Perhaps if this were revisited with some actual case studies over than the three starkly different case studies this could and should be a very important book in the reading and reflection list of any would be leader... anyone can do the easy path, we need more books like this to challenge the hopes and limitations of leaders today

NTE5a Master Socket with latest IDC connection & complete with backbox (BT Virgin Media compatible)
Offered by Rosenet Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately not what i expected, 23 Aug. 2011
The socket was not branded as BT as expected. whilst i have received a phone call from the company explaining the branding is within the socket, that is not what i thought i was buying. The picture on Amazon appears to show the same master socket as I already had which has 'BT' on it... Unfortunately when it arrived it didnt.

Given the increasing number of negative reviews i would strongly suggest that the company consider refining its descriptor.. Whilst not a huge amount this has caused some real inconvenience as my engineer declined to fit it as (in his opinion) it was not branded and i had to buy it off him... The returns policy runs to six/seven pages and i am still trying to wade my way through it... Overall a bit of a let down really.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 7:06 PM GMT

Saints of New York
Saints of New York
by R.J. Ellory

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Saints of New York (Paperback)
Someone said that those who shine the brightest cast the darkest shadow... Frank Parrish could fit into this category. The book weaves the story of past sin/redemption/integrity and corruption. As a serving officer I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and the accuracy and frustrations of the system. My first Ellory book and definitely not the last: An excellent read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3