Profile for Vinthan > Reviews

Content by Vinthan

Vinthan

Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi (Arkana)
Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi (Arkana)
by David Godman

5.0 out of 5 stars At last found what I have been looking for over years, 6 Mar. 2011
Hailing from southern India, I had been searching for a guide book or spiritual book, whatever you call it. Read some books written in Tamil and English.....trying to understand life and its meaning. But was left with some confusion and loads of unanswered questions at the end! I have tried meditation and yoga for a while....but, never managed to get answer to all of my burning inner questions.

This book brought my search to an end. It answers your questions, how silly or complex they might be- what is life, why people suffer and why bad things happen in life etc.,.
In fact reading this book helped me to understand the previous books I had read, including 'Bhagavad Gita as it is'.

Beginners may find it difficult to understand..especially people who are new to the ideas of Hinduism. But there is no gain without pain. Read it few times....you will eventually understand what it says!

Have a nice journey into his teachings.

David Godman has done a wonderful job! His name suits him.

Cheers