Profile for Suzy > Reviews

Content by Suzy

Suzy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Who Will Love Me Now?: Neglected, unloved and rejected. A little girl desperate for a home to call her own.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as always, 26 Sept. 2017
I have read all of Maggie's books and love the way her style of writing flows and the content captivates you from the first page to the last. I was sad to get to the end.
Just one thought though I don't think I could have made the choice for baby Ryan to have to leave as it has been proven that even young babies grieve when removed from everything they know, but that's probably why Maggie is a foster carer and I'm not ! Good luck to everyone who's story is told here x

The Darkness Within: A heart-pounding thriller that will leave you reeling
The Darkness Within: A heart-pounding thriller that will leave you reeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!, 21 Sept. 2017
Having read all of Cathy Class's books about fostering and enjoying them all I was in two minds about trying this especially after reading the reviews but I loved it!
The subject of cellular memory is fascinating and the book was well written and fascinating,, I was unable to put it down.
Hard to believe it's written by the same person as the fostering books. You just have to read this!

Runaway: Wild Child, Working Girl, Survivor
Runaway: Wild Child, Working Girl, Survivor

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book wish I could give 10 stars, 15 Sept. 2017
This is without doubt one of the. best books I have ever read although very difficult to read at times. Emily is three years older than me but my childhood and teen years are very similar in a lot of ways. I can relate to her experiences. The book is well written and Emily pulls no punches in telling about her appalling experiences. Well done Emily you are very brave and a true survivor.

Gyppo
Gyppo

5.0 out of 5 stars Gyppo, 7 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Gyppo (Kindle Edition)
Although this is a short book I really enjoyed it. To learn more about the Traveler way of life was really interesting, my cousin married a traveling man who was an amazing man who treated her like a princess but sadly died in his 50s.
Many of Mary's relatives died very young and I wonder if this is common in this way of life. Mary and I are the same age and many of her childhood experiences matched my own especially the fighting between her parents and nobody getting involved or helping us.
Well done Mary your book is well written, interesting enjoyable. I would recommend this book to anyone who grew up in the 60s and 70s

The Girl With No Name
The Girl With No Name

4.0 out of 5 stars The Girl With No Name, 5 Sept. 2017
I enjoyed this book. The first quarter was in places harrowing to read the sad life Irene lived. Her mother and step father were not worthy of the title of parents and it was sad that she could have had such a better life with her Dad and Aunt who really did want her.
It was good to read the biggest part of the rest of It ends life and I wish her happiness for her life yet to come.

Too Scared to Cry: A True Short Story
Too Scared to Cry: A True Short Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Too scared to cry, 21 Aug. 2017
Another good short story from Maggie. Some confusion though over the gender of the second child who started out male, became female mid sentence at one point and then reverted to being a boy ?!
I do enjoy these stories however but better proofreading required.

All the Little Children
All the Little Children

3.0 out of 5 stars All the little children, 21 Aug. 2017
Disappointed. The end was not an ending so now I feel like I wasted my time reading this book.
Surprised. I read all the time and assumed my education to be above standard yet I have never read a book where I have had to look up the meaning of so many words! I'm sure there was no real need for writing this way and I feel some people could lose the inclination to keep on reading.
I did enjoy the authors amazing imagination but am not sure I Would read another.of her books.

After I've Gone: The Emotionally Gripping Thriller That Will Take Your Breath Away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!!!!!, 15 Aug. 2017
I so wish there was the option of giving more than five stars. This was impossible to put down, I finished it at 2-10 am!
The whole concept of the possibility of receiving fb posts from the future fascinated me..
I loved the way the book was written in chapters by different characters.
I would highly recommended this book to anyone, don't let this book pass you by. Well done Linda

The Girl and the Ghosts: The true story of a haunted little girl and the foster carer who rescued her from the past (Angela Hart Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars The girl and the ghosts, 7 Aug. 2017
I was really disappointed with this book. I have read a lot of fostering books by other authors and was expecting a really good read but got a monologue of everyday life. The title was also misleading, I was expecting ghosts to make an appearance at some point !
I have spent a great deal of my adult life working with teenagers as well as raising three of my own and now have grandchildren in and approaching their teens and found the comment by Angela "sadly she was still overweight" when talking about her to be wholly inappropriate and unnecessary. Some teens gain and lose weight regularly through these years for many reasons. I have no doubt these people are very good foster carers but the fact that they are very middle class with exclamations like "gosh!" and "quite!"must occasionally cause a rift with some of the kids they foster and though I understand that relevant information must be reported to social services I felt Angela was a bit over the top.
All in all I didn't really enjoy this book and is it really fair to make money selling someone else's life story?

THEIR LOST DAUGHTERS a gripping crime thriller with a huge twist
THEIR LOST DAUGHTERS a gripping crime thriller with a huge twist

3.0 out of 5 stars Their Lost Daughters, 2 Aug. 2017
After reading some of the feedback I couldn't wait to get started on this book and the beginning certainly didn't disappoint.
It's a book you get straight into and I was totally absorbed. The characters are real and mostly likeable especially the detectives.
Towards the middle of the book my interest was waning to be honest I was having problems keeping up with the characters and names involved, however as it had been good before I pushed on and finished it but the big ending twist I was hoping for didn't really happen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13