Profile for Daniela Siskova > Reviews

Content by Daniela Siskova

Daniela Siskova

Page: 1 | 2
WORLD OF FLUORESCENT MINERALS (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
WORLD OF FLUORESCENT MINERALS (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
by STUART SCHNEIDER

5.0 out of 5 stars High satisfaction, 6 April 2016
Exactly what I was looking for - lots of beautiful pictures of fluorescent minerals printed on a quality paper. Very satisfied with it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after being used twice, had to throw it away., 6 April 2016
The umbrella is beautifull, exactly what I was looking for. BUT after the second use one of the ribs completely broke, it is in two pieces. Huge disppointment!
Update: took the umbrella to get repaired. The repairman explained it was useless to repair it since the ribs are done from a non-standard very weak material: "I can repair the broken rib but very soon another ribs will break. Better throw it in the garbage bin." So I did. Absolute waste of money.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Still room to improve, 17 Jan. 2016
Definitely not a gold or silver one included in my package. Based on the reviews I knew this could happen but still hoped I would receive them. Colour range is wide but the colors do not leave a very vivid trace so you have to press a bit while drawing. Maybe I am spoiled but overally I expected something better.

The National Gem Collection: National Museum of Natural History
The National Gem Collection: National Museum of Natural History
by Jeffrey E. Post

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, could be better, 16 Sept. 2014
Nice book. Based on the other reviews I somehow expected there will be more images (and larger) in this book - yet the photos of the gems are beautiful. I would probably add into the photo description info on the size of the gems - it is there but only in carats and I really can not say whether a 42 carats gem is a big one or a small one.
Since the book has been issued some 17 years ago the photos are not the highest quality in my opinion, still the gems are breathtaking. Overally a good book.

Volcanoes
Volcanoes
by Philippe Bourseiller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great volcano pics, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Volcanoes (Hardcover)
I was looking for a book with lots of volcano photos and this is exactly what I wanted - huge book with huge and excellent photos. I am very happy with it.

STARS Glow-in-the-Dark stickers - EXTRA SMALL
STARS Glow-in-the-Dark stickers - EXTRA SMALL
Offered by SuperDuperDecor

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 11 May 2014
I was looking for the best glow-in-the-dark stars for my kids bedrooms and ordered several different types of them. The SuperDuperDecor stars are definitely the winner in my eyes!
Yes, the sheet is very tiny and can cause a shock when you receive it but then once you stick the stars and switch off the lights - the stars are just great. The glow very brightly and for a long time, stick extremely well, and the most important thing for me is the fact that you can not see the stickers in the daylight on a white ceiling. Really, my husband did not know I have placed the stars on the ceiling untill I told him and he inspected the ceiling very closely. I really love the stickers and definitely will order some more.

Rainbow Wall Sticker
Rainbow Wall Sticker

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it (and so does my daughter), 4 April 2014
We have bought this sticker to decorate kid's room (she was 3 at that time). My daughter asked specifically for a rainbow that has violet color in it. This rainbow has qualified ;-)
It sticks very well, even after a year does not peel off at all. The colours are very vivid and nice. Placed among white clouds it adds a great touch to kid's "farmyard" themed room. We both love it and recommend it.

Timmy Time - Timmy's Birthday [DVD]
Timmy Time - Timmy's Birthday [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Scanlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - as usual, 4 April 2014
Typical Timmy stories - our children (2 and 4 years) love it and ask for it everyday. Would recommend to everyone with children. The humour is nice, warm-hearted, no brutal jokes based on "someone hits someone else" etc... Each story has some educative message for pre-school kids that the kids embrace naturally.

4M Blue Glow in the Dark Mini Stars
4M Blue Glow in the Dark Mini Stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge dissapointment, 4 April 2014
I always choose things reading their reviews first.
These stars had some decent reviews (and only few negative) on other web pages so I decided to go for them.

When they arrived, I was pleased to find out the stars (measuring app 2cm from tip to tip) are really white in the daylight (not yellowish like usual glow-in-the -dark stuff). BUT then I found out that once stuck to the ceiling and starting to charge they get a dirty-like grey/violet shade and thus become visible. In the evening I then with horror realised the stars do not glow at all. I brought some extra lights into the room and waited for several minutes, having the lights go directly at the stars. When the lights went off, I saw nothing, only after a couple of seconds I saw very slight, dim shining. I would not say it was blue though. I took some of the stars off the ceiling, brought them directly under a light and then took them into the cellar to check out. Yes, they are blue if you hold them in your hand, you can see the weakest dim blue light. It is so weak that even holding those in my palm I could not recognize it were stars by shape.
Plus, when taking the stars of the ceiling I learned that the adhesive tape supplied with the stars will let the stars to be taken down, but the tape itself stays on the ceiling - or lets go taking the paint with it. That means 50 stars taken off the ceiling = 50 nasty marks asking for repaint.
My husband will not be happy once he finds out...

PS: Among the reviewed blue mini stars I placed also several normal green/yellow plastic glow-in-the-dark stars bought in the local shop and these (even without the extra light) are very visible and shining! Huge dissapointment.

Decowall,Wall stickers/wall decals DP-60033 Green Tree, Wall paper Home Art Deco Mural Point Sticker

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but a small flaw, 2 April 2013
I really like how the stickers look in reality. They stick very well even onto our wall (which is definitely not very smooth). The colors and shapes are nice, I love the leaves and birds.
Yet there is one thing I am not completely happy about (that is why I can not give 5 stars): the tree trunk and branches are made of several parts which are supposed to be put together BUT these parts are slightly different shades of brown (even though they come from the same sheet of stickers). So in our case half of the branch is darker than the other half. This disturbes me a bit. To me it seems as if the sheet of stickers had been disposed to direct sunlight and the colors changed a bit in some parts of it. Maybe it was just this one package that we were lucky to receive and in other packages this color difference does not occur, I do not know.

Page: 1 | 2