Profile for AM Roach > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
LLFA 3 x 335mm Compression Tape - Red - 2C1-19-22R
LLFA 3 x 335mm Compression Tape - Red - 2C1-19-22R

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 April 2017
Stopped a leak in seconds.

The Bagthorpe Saga: Ordinary Jack (Collins Modern Classics)
The Bagthorpe Saga: Ordinary Jack (Collins Modern Classics)
by Helen Cresswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as funny as I remembered from childhood, 7 April 2017
Just as funny as I remembered from childhood. The Bagthorpes are a family of many talents. The parents are successful and the children excel at their many hobbies (or strings to their bow) apart from Jack who is ordinary and consequently gets over looked. Aided and abetted by his eccentric Uncle Parker, Jack sets out to get noticed but his efforts, foiled by the misadventures of his clumsy and hapless dog Zero and the fact that his young cousin Daisy is developing pyromania as her "string to her bow", don't quite go to plan.

Premier Pad Dressings, Non-Sterile, 20 x 20cm, 25 pads
Premier Pad Dressings, Non-Sterile, 20 x 20cm, 25 pads
Offered by The Glove Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 July 2016
Excellent absorbency for bulk. I used as dressing for eczema and found them very good - didn't irritate further or "stick" much. Would definitely buy again.

Evolution of Jaguar inspired Car Luxury Racing T-Shirt TShirt
Evolution of Jaguar inspired Car Luxury Racing T-Shirt TShirt
Offered by Corporate Togs

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun gift, 5 July 2016
This was a present but I have seen the recipient wear it frequently and it is surviving washing well. Cotton is quite lightweight and fit on the snug side so order up if in doubt. It was a good value and fun gift for a Jaguar fan.

Redhall Riders (The Riverdale Pony Stories Book 4)
Redhall Riders (The Riverdale Pony Stories Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, contemporary pony mystery, 5 July 2016
I bought this as I needed a "modern" pony book for a reading challenge and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. It is very well written with some excellent descriptions and is a worthy successor to the "golden age" pony books I read in my youth. I would whole heartedly recommend this book to anyone wanting to encourage a pony loving child to read. It had a really exciting start and is fast paced, It was short so the length isn't daunting but it isn't at all "dumbed down" and no doubt more avid readers will simply kick on through the series. Adult readers will probably have the plot sussed quickly (to avoid spoilers, I will just say "Chekhov's gun") but I am sure I wouldn't have twigged as a child.

Pony Club Camp
Pony Club Camp
by Josephine Pullein-Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars It was just as good as I remembered, 8 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Pony Club Camp (Hardcover)
Last of Josephine Pullein-Thompson's West Barsetshire Pony Club series (though the first I read as a child). It was just as good as I remembered. A vivid cast of characters both human and equine and it is a tribute to JPT's skill as a writer that I found it just if not more enjoyable as an adult than as a child.

PP Pony Club Camp (An Armada pony book)
PP Pony Club Camp (An Armada pony book)
by Josephine Pullein-Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Aug. 2015
This was one of my favourites as a child and I still enjoyed it as an adult. A delightful cast of characters (some familiar from the rest of the West Barset Pony Club series) and perhaps more accessible since it isn't as technical about the finer points of equitation. One of the many things that mark this series out is that JP-T allows her characters to age and there is the bittersweet thread of a potential romance between Noel and Henry which is highlighted by some less than subtle matchmaking which is genuinely funny. Obviously it is "of its time" but is a good read as well as a wallow in nostalgia -for my own childhood when I had the same edition more than the fifties which I wasn't around for!

Catherine Lansfield Madelaine King Size Quiltset, Pink
Catherine Lansfield Madelaine King Size Quiltset, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars So snug, 28 Jan. 2014
Bought this from HomeSpace Direct and it arrived yesterday,Monday, having been ordered after hours on Thursday evening. I was late leaving for work today because I ccouldn't force myself to get up. In recent years I had got hooked on high thread count linen but have found it glacial in a cold house this winter. This was blissfully cosy even with an ordinary cotton bottom sheet. Super soft and a pretty vintage pattern in soft shades oh and twenty pounds less than the same set in my local department store.
May have to get another set since I will have to wash it sometimes!

The Hobbit: Jackanory
The Hobbit: Jackanory
by J.R.R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting - and not just for the nostalgia., 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Hobbit: Jackanory (Audio CD)
This production introduced me to Tolkien when I was nine. I missed the final episode because I had Brownies on Friday and spent my pocket money on the book to find out the end! Over thirty years later I still love Tolkien and remembered loving it but I couldn't remember much about the actual production other than Bernard Cribbins (voice of my childhood) and listened again with a certain amount of trepidation fearing that I would not love as an adult what I had loved as a child and thinking it might have been better to leave memory untarnished. Much to my relief, it still had a great deal of charm.

It is an abridged version, of course, but what is there IS Tolkien. Jan Francis makes a warm and lively narrator who keeps the story moving. Bernard Cribbins is as perfect as Bilbo as I remember him while Maurice Denham and David Wood do sterling work as just about everyone else! One small quibble is that Elrond sounds more mad professor than elf lord but as a stand alone tale this is rather nit picky. On the radio you do have to ring the changes somehow.

It is very much a children's story still and while a lot of detail is inevitably missing I believe it would make as good an introduction to Tolkien now as it did for me all those years ago..it keeps the story as a fairly light romp. I think it would be a good adjunct to the new Jemima Catlin illustrated Hobbit (whose cover it shares). I am sure many do and will enjoy the Jackson films, but this is a Hobbit which is suitable for a very young audience and which prepares those who move on to the book to discover its extra richness.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My godson was ecstatic., 25 Jun. 2013
I didn't actually see the product since I had it sent direct as a present but I got a wonderful thank you letter enthusiastically stating it was the best present ever and could fly almost anywhere. So if you want to make a twelve year old very happy this works!

Page: 1 | 2