Profile for Lisa Storey > Reviews

Lisa Storey (Lancashire)

Yoohoo & Friends - 5" Blushing Hot Pink Hedgie "with Sound" Plush Soft Toy
Yoohoo & Friends - 5" Blushing Hot Pink Hedgie "with Sound" Plush Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink hedgehog!, 20 July 2014
Ah what can you say about yoo hoo friends! My daughter loves them, and it has become a bit of a tradition that she gets a new one for birthdays and christmas. This anatomically incorrect, genetically mutated creature is 2 gloriously vile shades of pink and makes a funny little noise when you press it. My daughter loves it! No problems with packaging or delivery. One very happy birthday girl.

Galt First Knitting
Galt First Knitting

1.0 out of 5 stars A very demoralising waste of time (and money.), 20 July 2014
This review is from: Galt First Knitting (Toy)
This was bought for my 8 year old daughter as a present. With great excitement she has just tried using it for the first time, and what a complete and utter disappointment it has turned out to be. I can knit, and dread to think how she would have managed just following the instructions on her own! Tiny, thin metal needles and wool of such appalling quality that it literally separated into strands whilst knitting. We got no further than casting on and had to give up at that point because the wool was separating and it became difficult for my daughter to pick up wool without missing strands and getting in a knot. Very demoralising for my daughter who had already done the plaited/beaded part of the purse (which was not helped by the poor instructions which suggested that 10 cm are 2 inches!) A complete and utter waste of money. Tomorrow I will go and buy her some chunky needles and some decent quality wool and we will have a go ourselves. We would not recommend this product to anyone and are very disappointed as we have had several craft sets from Galt previously and they were good. I wanted to give this no stars but Amazon won't let me!

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Offered by Baby C

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Gro bag!, 18 July 2010
I have to admit I am a big fan of Blackout blinds. I know, it sounds sad, but when you love sleep as much as I do, they can be your best friend. My lovely daughter has had both a blackout blind and blackout linings on her bedroom curtains since she was born, and I'm convinced thay have contributed to her having a great sleep pattern. There has always been a problem however when we go away, or if she sleeps at her grand parents, where she will awake at some ungodly hour and then be very sad and grumpy by mid afternoon. After several years of draping duvets, towels, coats and more recently a flattened out cardboard box over various windows to little avail, I finally decided enough was enough. I hoped I had struck gold with the " Gro Anywhere Blind" , and thank goodness, it appears I have. I was already a fan of the wonderful Gro bags, and was therefore keen to try their blackout blind. So far it has been used at both sets of grandparents, in a caravan and at friends houses, on windows of varying shapes and sizes. It has been easy to fit and easy to repack. Yes some of the suckers have been mis-shapen after unpacking, but after following the instructions as to what to do about this ( included with the blind) I had no problem. Yes there are cracks of light that get through, but in all honesty, unless you were to fit chemical darkroom type blinds with tracks, I'm not really sure that anything will ever provide 100 per cent black out.Put it this way, this weekend we visited my Mother in Law. My daughter slept in her lovely darkened room until 8:30 am, whilst my husband and I were both awake by 5:00 am , light streaming through the bedroom window, and with no hope of getting back to sleep. We will be back to stay with mum in law again next month, and guess what I will be buying before then? Yes, a second Gro Anywhere Blind, so that my husband and I are not the ones who are sad and grumpy by mid afternoon! Well Done Gro Bag for a fantastic product, and Well Done Amazon for fast delivery and great service as usual.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2015 11:53 AM BST

In the Night Garden Go Glow Light
In the Night Garden Go Glow Light

5.0 out of 5 stars great for fighting scary monsters, 31 May 2009
I bought this for my 2 year old daughter who was getting in the habit of asking us to leave her bedroom door open when she went to bed. Since it arrived we havent had to do that at all. She is happy with the amount of light it gives off, and likes playing with the torch, and I am happy with the lack of cable to get caught up in, and the fact that is stays cool to the touch. Once charged it normally lasts 3 full nights ( 36 hours) on the night light mode, and takes about 8 hours to recharge. There seems to be a suggestion that some lights aren't holding their charge very long, I wonder if the people involved have read the instructions which require you to charge and fully drain the light several times in order to get a good " memory " on the battery, a bit of a faff, but worth doing ( the charge drains much quicker on torch mode which speeds the whole process up a bit!) Overall very happy with this product, and would recommend it.