Profile for Jered > Reviews

Claude Chalhoub
Claude Chalhoub
Offered by Liberty-Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Sultry sounds, 3 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Claude Chalhoub (Audio CD)
This is such a delight. Sultry and sensual music with a dark exotic undercurrent. Superbly understated violin. Elegant and subtle arrangements. Pure class. I hope Claude doesn't keep us waiting too long for his second CD.

Ryukyu Underground
Ryukyu Underground
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 18 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Ryukyu Underground (Audio CD)
I listened to this CD on headphones in a record store in Tokyo recently while on holiday in Japan. Stupidly I didn't buy it immediately but thought I would buy it just before leaving Japan, rather than carry it around with me. On my way home, I searched high and low for the CD in Kyoto, but it had only just been released in Japan, and wasn't yet available in Kyoto. Now I'm *eagerly* awaiting it being available on Amazon! It's an intriguing fusion of ethnic Japanese sounds with modern rhythms. Superbly recorded. Usually I don't like fusion type things because they always seem somehow watered down, but this is excellent. Ryukyu Underground have taken the (sometimes)quirky Okinawan musical heritage and injected it with a serious dose of cool. This CD has haunted me, based only on a brief listening in a record store. Gotta have it.