Profile for silversurfer > Reviews

Content by silversurfer

silversurfer

Page: 1 | 2
SHAVING BRUSH - Benny's of London - Luxury Shave Brush - Perfect for Home or Travel - Must Have Present for Mens Grooming Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good brush, but will need a mixing cup or bowl., 9 April 2017
almost perfect. The brush looks and feels amazing. Looks a lot more expensive than it is. Considering it's man made fibres the bristles are super soft, keeps its shape after use and will dry up in minutes. But that is also a minor flaw, as it's not real hair it does not hold moisture, which means it does not hold lather as well, it just seems to vanish, I assume it trickles off the fibres. This could be a issue for some but I have a mixing bowl so all my foam is created in that, and this brush does that perfectly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2017 10:36 AM BST

Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Green
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Green
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect. Almost., 11 Aug. 2016
I done lots of research before deciding to buy this HRM in green and this is what I found. The different colours are different sizes, pink n green are women's but I like the green so bought it anyway. The watch is small, I have noticeably small hands for a bloke and slim wrists and this watch just about fits with 4 holes remaining. The face is about the size of a 50p coin. The buttons are not very responsive and the display is ok. BUT BUT BUT its not about looks it's about the info they display.

I went to pure gym and the machines automatically pick up my chest strap. The watch displayed exactly double the calorie burn that the gym machines claimed. So I wasn't sure which was right and wrong so I went online and checked the average calculations on the live strong website and my watch was almost identical to website. The gym machines are way out.

Chest strap is tricky to get on. Plus don't use water as water will dry. Use ky jelly or ultrasound lube. Don't use Vaseline. The chest strap workerd fine, and I have a magnum PI style hairy chest and it posed no problem.

Only issue is. I am constantly messing with the strap as I could tell if it was slipping which must have made people think I was wearing a bra.

Overall it's a great piece of equipment and very motivating as you destroy the calories. 5 stars because they DO NOT mention anywhere that different colours are for respective genders.

The North Face Men's Mcmurdo 2 Parka - TNF Red, Small
The North Face Men's Mcmurdo 2 Parka - TNF Red, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars 99% good 1% bad., 24 July 2016
I purchased this jacket direct from the north face store. I had been eyeing it up for ages but couldn't justify the £350 price tag.
BUT I'm glad I did buy it in the end. Top quality build. huge pockets to store gloves, beanie etc...
Down insulation is separated into grid-like sections to avoid clotting or movement of the insulation over time. Chunky but soft insides give it a duvet feeling.
I'm between large and xl in normal clothes but in this a medium was just right. Enough to wear a sweatshirt underneath without any discomfort.
Good is down insulated and got a nice soft lining which is important for me as I shave my head so some materials can get irritable.
The look of the jacket is awesome and got top street credibility as well.
BUT.......BUT the hood is huge and I have a big head. Therefore the fur can come over face slightly impairing vision which is annoying so I had to twist the fur backwards onto the roof of the hood. Or you could just remove the fur completely via 5 poppers. It's worth every penny overall.

Sikh Prayer Jap Ji Sahib
Sikh Prayer Jap Ji Sahib

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner, scholar or in need of clarity. This is for you., 25 April 2016
I have read many versions of many religious scriptures about many different faiths but your books cater for novices, experts and more importantly people who want to make sense of it all. Very well done in your efforts, your approach is the very essence of religion, to share knowledge with everyone regardless of their intellectual standing. Well done you.

Purple Efest IMR 18650 3100mah 20A 3.7V Flat Top Battery
Purple Efest IMR 18650 3100mah 20A 3.7V Flat Top Battery
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Security sticker with serial numbers prove its genuine, 29 Oct. 2015
Arrived within 48 hours of ordering and the product is genuine. Each battery has a scratch panel/security code which you can check against manufacturers website to prove its genuine.

Vape mods uses up battery like crazy so a couple of spares is a must. Most places only sell 2500mAh for around £10. These have more power and cheaper (I bought 2 for £16)

Using this on a 60w variable temperature device with sub ohm coils (eleaf 60w which needs a lot of power) it works a dream.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Windsor Stainless Steel Serrated Pizza/Steak Knives, Set of 2
Windsor Stainless Steel Serrated Pizza/Steak Knives, Set of 2
Offered by MK Cookware

5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured a burnt pizza Crust with ease., 19 April 2015
Exceptional quality for the price. Blade is slightly longer than average knives from ikea which I prefer. Cuts through steak like butter but the true test was cutting through a pizza with a burnt crust. One forward motion and back again with slight amount of pressure and the crust was in two. Normally i would be sawing away rigorously to make the same cut. Fairly generic design which will match most cutlery sets. Worth every penny. Would have easily paid £10 per set so £4 is a steal.

22" Yellow Extra Long Handled Shoe Horn Strong & Flexible JLS
22" Yellow Extra Long Handled Shoe Horn Strong & Flexible JLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally get to wear my favourite trainers., 14 Feb. 2015
This shoe horn is perfect for getting footwear on without any problem. I bought a pair of very expensive sports trainers which have a neoprene sock inside that your foot has to slide into so when I couldn't get them on I was very worried because the retailer does not do refunds so I thought that's £100 down the drain. But with this shoe horn they were on my feet withing 30 seconds. Material is flexible at the bottom where most pressure is appllied so when squeezing feet into footwear the is a decent amount give to allow easy fit/slide into shoe and the upper section becomes gradually thicker and harder so when you holding or pulling the shoe horn it will not snap. Very very good quality product.

Rheme Tomtom Start 25 Universal Hard Carry Case with Tray
Rheme Tomtom Start 25 Universal Hard Carry Case with Tray
Offered by Best Digital Market

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item once you rearrange the inner comparments, 16 Nov. 2014
Very sturdy case at an unbeatable price. Material and zip quality is also good. Only issue is internal space is very limited IF you want to keep the RDS traffic receiver in the case as well. The receiver is about the size of a Mars bar when all wrapped up so I had to remove the internal tray and it fitted in without any bulge or strain on zip. Device still protected but designers should accomadate for all these extras accessories they are always trying to add on to your purchases. Quick tip is to always place sat nav screen facing down towards the inner side so when you open case first thing you see is the mount because case closed like a book if sat nave screen is facing up you run risk of accessories pushing against the screen and damaging the display.

Bosch IXO Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with Right Angle Adapter and Easy Reach Adapter, 3.6 V Battery, 1.3 Ah

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAY-ZINGGGGGG, 16 Sept. 2014
Purchased 6 months ago. Waited to see if it was any good before I reviewed it. It's is awesome bit of kit. I built 3 big wardrobes, solid oak tables/8 chairs and removed 8 kitchen cupboards which had been up for nearly 15 years and had 4-6 inch screws. A few screws need a nudge with a hammer to be removed but for under £50 this is an amazing driver. The angled attachments are absolute genius because you can reach far corners of your furniture where only L shaped manual screwdrivers will only reach. Battery is also impressive but I always put it back into cradle anyway so always being topped up with power. Lightweight (about same weight as a can of coke) so no wrist strain. THIS WILL NOT DRIVE SCREWS INTO A STANDARD BIT OF WOOD UNLESS THE WOOD HAS PREDRILLED HOLES AS IN MOST FLAT PACK FURNITURE.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 16 Aug. 2014
Great keyring token. As previous comment stated, the quality is amazing for only £1. I purchased 3 to put on every set of car keys and will be buying a few more to give to friends. A must have item for every shopper/gym enthusiasts

Page: 1 | 2