Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now
Profile for twinketoes > Reviews

Content by twinketoes

twinketoes

Page: 1 | 2
The Rose Petal Beach: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author
The Rose Petal Beach: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 23 Nov. 2016
This is the first book I have read by this author Dorothy Koomson and I absolutely loved it! It was a real page turner and I honestly had no idea who the murderer was until the very end. This is a wonderful study of human emotions - love, friendship, guilt and betrayal - and so beautifully drawn characters that I defy any reader not to feel resonance with somebody in this book. Did I say that I loved it?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars another great product, 15 Sept. 2015
great product, lovely silky material with an Egyptian theme, washes well and looks good on

A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4)
A Second Chance (Promises to Keep Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars More! More! More! Please, 11 Sept. 2015
All these stories by Shayne Parkinson are excellent she reminds me very much of the late Maeve Binchy. One feels that one knows the characters personally, their everyday lives are so brilliantly told that I feel as if I KNOW this place even though I have never been to New Zealand. I cannot wait for the latest instalment ( which I think may be a 'work in progress')

Shogun: The First Novel of the Asian saga
Shogun: The First Novel of the Asian saga

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a second read, 11 Sept. 2015
I read this book many, many moons ago - so long ago that I've just started reading it again! This story of the English pilot's adventures with the Japenese Samurai in the 17 th century make for exciting and disturbing reading. I believe this should be a modern classic

Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)
Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story telling!, 3 Sept. 2015
I love this book which is part of a series of books about two families in New Zealand during the late 1980s to early 1900s. I found myself unable to the books down and I am part way through the latest. The families are totally believable and the living conditions beautifully described. in today's world the circumstances in which Amy found herself after being seduced at the age of 15 by her step uncle seem unbelievable! The marriage Amy to the much older Charlie w ho treated her so brutally also seems beyond belief but of course as we all know, domestic violence is still happening today. The author gives hints of why Charlie behaves as he does and highlights that no one is completely bad or completely good. I find myself thinking of the Late Maeve Binchy ( another of my favourite authors) , there is a similar sense of a friend keeping me up to date with all the details of her family ! I have one more book to read, about Daisy, Amy's granddaughter but I hope for many more books to come. Thank you Shayne Parkinson!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars good product - well finished, 24 Aug. 2015
I have ordered from this supplier before and am very happy with this kaftan. the fit is good it is very light and comfortable to wear.

The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet
The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet

3.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read !, 9 July 2015
I'm still reading this but nearing the end so I will comment. this is an intriguing story of what might have happened to Lizzie and Mr Darcy! A little far- fetched at times, I'm not sure if the characters would have used the language that Ms McCullough has given the and one or two adventures seem a bit hard to swallow , however , it's still a cracking read and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Summer Recipes Without the Calories: Sample Recipes from the Popular Without the Calories Series

4.0 out of 5 stars left wanting more!, 2 July 2015
I love the recipes by this lady. I've tried two or three and they are all delicious and easy to prepare and make but I only appear to have five or six recipes in this book and I want more!
I have tried to contact the author/ publicist to enquire where I can purchase books by Justine but so far, no luck. this is such an easy, delicious, healthy way of eating - please can I have some more?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 11:57 AM BST

The Rose Girls
The Rose Girls

4.0 out of 5 stars you can almost smell the roses!, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Rose Girls (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, I could almost smell the flowers! I also found the description of the personality disorder intriguing as. I knew someone who fit this quite a lot

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm very happy with my new paper white kindle but I find ..., 4 Jun. 2015
I'm very happy with my new paper white kindle but I find the touch screen needs a little getting used to. for example, my previous kindle did not have touch screen but I could turn pages by just clicking the page turner with my thumb - I didn't have to physically move my hand at all. now I have to lift my finger to turn pages. that said I'm loving the in-built light, I can read in any surroundings without having to have an external source of light. I was given both kindles as presents but my original kindle after four years began to 'black out' pages and jump from pages to page unexpected. all in all, I'm very happy with my new kindle

Page: 1 | 2