Profile for D. Whitehead > Reviews

Content by D. Whitehead

D. Whitehead "Stagsman" (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Wireless Doorbell, JETech Portable Wireless DoorBell Chime Plug-in Push Button with LED Indicator Over 50 Chimes, No Batteries Required for the Receiver (White) - 2122
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding Dong Doody, 29 July 2016
Great piece of kit. Lots of Del Boy chimes to play with and plenty of volume per the control. Took about 30 seconds to instal. Highly recommended.

Traditional Antique Brass Touch Table Lamp Pair - HP015716
Traditional Antique Brass Touch Table Lamp Pair - HP015716
Offered by Haysom Interiors UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighting up our lives, 19 July 2016
Perfect and exactly as described. Very well made and excellent value for money.

Play Dead: A gripping serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars More Twists Than Oliver, 26 Jun. 2016
Well. She's done it again. Angela Marsons latest offering is another great read. Her books are like sampling a wonderfully tasty piece of food and you want more and more. The characters, including the enigmatic DI Kim Stone, are further developed in Play Dead and her build up of the plot keeps the drama, twists and gasps coming thick and fast. I hope it's no too long before 5th instalment of the Stone Saga. At the moment Angela is ladling out some tasty stuff. And this reader can't wait for "more".

Lost Girls: A fast paced, gripping thriller novel (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun, Sand and Stone., 21 Jun. 2016
Bought Angela's third Kim Stone book for holiday reading. I love the short, sharp, snappy chapters. Despite the lure of the pool, the beach, the 28 plus degree sunshine and the compulsory eating and drinking I finished this book in a day. Couldn't put it down.I sometimes want to slap Kim Stone's face. I sometimes want to give her a big hug. This book is not for the squeamish and made me gasp at times. But it's a fabulous read from an author with a rare talent.

The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm biggy for hygge., 25 May 2016
This is a great and easy read. Helen Russell's style of writing combines the presentation of facts and figures, about Denmark and it's culture, with a laugh out loud sense of humour. The fact that the Danes are one of the happiest nations on earth despite eye wateringly high rates of taxation challenges the myth that low taxation and less state interference is the way forward. Just reading this book made me want to hug a Dane. Oh. And get "hygge" during our winter months.

SnS Online Mens Boys Ladies Girls Unisex T-shirt Tee Top Cotton What A Difference A Dave Makes Funny Unisex T-shirt Tee Top Cotton T Shirt - Orange - XXL - Chest : 50" - 52"
Offered by eshop-4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 20 April 2016
Great fitting T shirt at a great price.

Rotary Gents Watch with Black Dial GB00355/04 White Chronograph Dial and Date
Rotary Gents Watch with Black Dial GB00355/04 White Chronograph Dial and Date

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking timepiece, 20 April 2016
The watch is even better looking than the picture. The bracelet was a bit too large for my wrist but it was a simple process to remove a few links. Now this beautiful timepiece sits snugly on my wrist. Delighted. And at a bargain price too.

Over the Top and Back: The Autobiography
Over the Top and Back: The Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars OTT and disappointing., 8 Feb. 2016
I'm a big fan of Tom Jones' singing. But I was disappointed with this book. Disappointed because it didn't read like the Tom Jones I've admired over the years. Disappointed with the constant, over use of expletives. Disappointed that I didn't learn more about Tom's personal life outside show business. Disappointed that he feels the need to denigrate certain people, including some of his fellow professionals, in such crude terms. I liked the conclusion when he pays fulsome tribute to his wife Linda. But I'd have liked to hear more about her, and their son Mark, throughout the book. More about life off stage and outside the recording business. The book seemed to be Tom Jones telling me (via another writer) what he wanted me to (selectively) hear, in a sensational "I'm a hard man, like to go down the pub and like to drink and swear a lot" manner - rather than a thoughtfully presented autobiography. Sections of the book are enjoyable and took me on a trip down memory lane. But I feel it was a missed opportunity and didn't provide the life story I was so looking forward to reading.

Spectacles: A Memoir
Spectacles: A Memoir
by Sue Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Glasses Raised., 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Spectacles: A Memoir (Hardcover)
My wife bought me this book for Christmas. Wife: "Did you enjoy that book"? Me: "Bloody loved it"! It's different and written as if Sue is telling you the tale over a drink in the pub. Even though I'm 20 years older than Sue (and 18 years older than her mate Mel) the age gap made no difference whatsoever. It made me laugh out loud a lot. It made me cry on a couple of occasions. Great piece of writing by Superkins. Hope you enjoy it half (0.05) as much as I did.

Amazon Fire HD 8 Case (5th Generation - 2015 release), Black
Amazon Fire HD 8 Case (5th Generation - 2015 release), Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case - but overpriced., 24 Jan. 2016
Great case but I think it's very expensive for what it is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7