Profile for Oli J > Reviews

Content by Oli J

Oli J (High Wycombe, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
(786-MT-BL) Black Leather Men's Small Id Credit Card Wallet Holder Slim Pocket Case Leather King
Offered by Leather King

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality., 26 May 2016
Cheap quality. Stitching is already falling apart after only a few weeks use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2016 10:21 PM BST

Anker PowerDrive 2 (24W / 4.8A 2-Port USB Car Charger) for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars No buzzing noise!, 26 May 2016
No buzzing noise! A great improvement on my old charger (an ebay special) which used to interfere with the radio reception in my car and would produce a whine on audio played from the phone.

SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps (Frustration Free Packaging)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow write speeds, 26 May 2016
On my 2015 macbook retina I only get 22MB/s when transferring a large file. Read speeds are pretty good at about ~100MB/s.

Nilfisk E 130.3-9 PAD X-Tra Pressure Washer with 2 kW Induction Motor and Accessory Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars ... had a few cheaper pressure washers and I'm very glad I spent the money in this, 13 Mar. 2016
I've had a few cheaper pressure washers and I'm very glad I spent the money in this. The integrated hose reel means that I just wheel the pressure washer out connect hose pipe and hp hose to lance and I'm running. Previously I had to unwind the house and connect it to the machine ( and then pack it away at the end) which just adds to the setup time. The 9 metre hose also means I don't have to keep dragging the machine around with me to do both sides of the car - the hose is long enough to do it all. Pressure is also very good. The foam lance is a novelty - I bought a proper metal one for 35 quid and with this machine it leaves a thick coating of foam that lasts for ages and doesn't just run off.

Sure-Set Plastic Mouse Trap (2 pack)
Sure-Set Plastic Mouse Trap (2 pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Someone invented a better mouse-trap..., 10 Sept. 2015
Worked very well indeed. Definitely a better mouse trap! Chocolate raisins and peanut butter come highly recommended.

Philips HTL5140B/12 2.1 Channel Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black
Offered by Richer Sounds

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost toddler proof and it sounds fantastic., 10 Sept. 2015
I moved from my surround sound system because of the arrival of a small toddlers with fingers that could find and poke speaker drivers! argh! So I plumped for this and even for someone who had a full home cinema setup I can say that this sounds great.

Negatives:
Unfortunately the sub keeps loosing synch with the bar - happens about once a week and I think it is due to proximity with my wifi router. I can live with this, but it is an annoyance non the less.
Took a while to get the timing offset setup - but this is probably a similar scenario with most sounders of this style.
The sub woofer port faces front and is perfect for small toy cars, plastic balls and plastic figurines to be inserted easily. Not so easy to remove. :/

TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router
TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ADSL modem at this price: full featured and not much money., 10 Sept. 2015
Bloody good! Has remote management interface (perfect if there is a router between you and the modem), port forwarding and dynamic IP. Not the most user friendly setup but easier than d-link models.

iPhone 6 Case, Ringke [Slim] Ultra Thin Cover w/ Screen Protector [Snug-Fit] Essential Side to Side Edge Coverage Superior Coating PC Hard Skin for Apple iPhone 6 4.7" (2014) - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Best look and feel for the iPhone 6 (but not the best protection), 10 Sept. 2015
Maintains the low profile finness of the iPhone 6. Be aware that it also retains the level of grip of the iPhone 6 (not much) and the level of protection isn't the best. There are silicone style cases out there wit better protection and easier to grip - but if you are style conscious then this case represents the best trade off between looks and protection that I have found so far (and I have tried ~10 cases for my iPhone 6 so far).

D-Link DSL-320B ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem
D-Link DSL-320B ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem
Offered by BESTBUYIT

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - There are better alternatives, with more features, for similar money., 10 Sept. 2015
I used this as an ADSL modem to sit between my wall socket and my Cisco Meraki router. It lasted 3 days before I took it out and replaced it. It doesn't support dynamic IP. It wouldn't facilitate port forwarding. It was difficult to setup. Once up and running I couldn't access the management interface. I replaced it with a TP-LINK TD-8817 which supported all of these features. The D-Link does not support remote login to the management console and so you have to unplug your router and plug a computer directly into the ethernet port of the modem in order to edit the configuration - no thanks!!! The TP-LINK was also easier to set up (although still not user friendly) than the D-Link.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2016 2:09 PM GMT

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 3 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 and things looked good from the start, 10 Sept. 2015
Installed on my macbook pro with OS X 10.10.5 and things looked good from the start, but that was not to last the day. The full search took forever - predicting that it would last nearly 24 hours. Towards the end of the working day though my mac became slower and slower until it was totally unresponsive. I had to kill the power and restart. This then started a circle of restarts because as soon as KIS got running it would lock my system up, hogging resources. Finally on the 3rd time I had killed the power and booted the machine I was able to disable KIS before it got going and I then promptly uninstalled it. What a waste of money.
Currently checking out avast and sophos as (free) alternatives.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5