Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
After The Ides (Caesar's Spies Thriller Book 2)
After The Ides (Caesar's Spies Thriller Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read but..., 29 Sept. 2017
This is the second book I have read in this series. It is good but I find the author's use of grammar a bit off. A good few sentences of two words where the word string would flow better with a comma or semi colon. AND an awful lot of sentences beginning with and. I know it is now regarded acceptable but three or four in a row is quite poor in my humble view. It won't stop me reading more of his work though.

The Dacian War (Veteran of Rome Book 6)
The Dacian War (Veteran of Rome Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read as usual, 25 July 2017
A good continuing storyline. I like the way the two main characters stories read, one then the other and not chopping & changing back and forth. My only gripe is the proof readers don't seem to know when to use the apostrophe when it comes to to word Dacian. It was continually used when referring to Dacians in the plural thus: Dacian's, which is obviously the possessive and not plural. Call me picky if you want but it did spoil my enjoyment a tad.

Legionary: Empire of Shades (Legionary 6)
Legionary: Empire of Shades (Legionary 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Marching on with pride, 14 July 2017
I have read all of this series to date and have not been disappointed with any of them. I look forward to the next book. Keep up the good work Gordon.

Brigadoon - Gene Kelly & Cyd Charisse [DVD] [1954]
Brigadoon - Gene Kelly & Cyd Charisse [DVD] [1954]
Dvd ~ Vincente Minnelli
Offered by czech.out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and film, 30 Jan. 2017
Bought as a late Christmas stocking filler as it's one of my wife's favourite musicals. Excellent service. Wife loves it.

Centurion and Assassin: Volume 1 (Re-Edited)
Centurion and Assassin: Volume 1 (Re-Edited)

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought it so had to read it, 20 July 2016
Not the most clear of storylines to start with and little description of some pertinent characters. A, lot, of randomly, placed commas made me cringe as did characters described as 'working on something' and others doing things 'randomly'. Surely a character sat at a table scrutinizing a document could be reading a missive from Rome on a proposed increase in taxes or the latest court gossip. This coupled with a mix of modern language and 'random' use of old terminology made it an awkward read. Not a premier league read in my opinion but I may purchase the next book to see who and what develops.

Shadows In Bronze: (Falco 2)
Shadows In Bronze: (Falco 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A different type of Roman novel, 12 May 2016
The second I have read in this series. It is an enjoyable read. A bit like a Roman version of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer. Worth a punt.

Eagles at War (Eagles of Rome Book 1)
Eagles at War (Eagles of Rome Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 9 Oct. 2015
I have read several author's books on Roman history and Mr Kane is up there with the best. I purchased this book some time ago while reading another author's series as the reviews were so good. It is very well written and I look forward to the next. In the meantime I will have a go at the forgotten legion series. Hail fellow, well met.

Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part II-Cleopatra
Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part II-Cleopatra

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading with Peake, 6 Sept. 2015
I just keep reading book after book by Peake. Detailed and enjoyable all the way. If you haven't read him and enjoy Roman historical fiction I strongly urge you to do so. Start at Book one though

Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part I-Antony
Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part I-Antony

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read, 20 Aug. 2015
What more need I say. Just finished the last one and just downloaded the next one. Here I go again.

Marching With Caesar-Civil War
Marching With Caesar-Civil War

5.0 out of 5 stars It was difficult to sleep while reading this book, 13 Aug. 2015
Another very good book by a very good author, so much so when reading in bed at night I found it hard to put down. More tired days at work. Oh, I apologise for calling Peake Kane in my review of the previous book. It's an age thing. Written at 0016hrs and now starting book three! More please.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3