Profile for Andre Peschar > Reviews

Content by Andre Peschar

Andre Peschar

The Escape Manifesto: Quit Your Corporate Job - Do Something Different!
The Escape Manifesto: Quit Your Corporate Job - Do Something Different!
by Escape The City

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no guidebook for career change – but this one comes closest, 27 Feb. 2014
I was directed to Rob, Dom & Mikey’s blog after reading about Escape the City somewhere. Their story sounded very familiar – as a management consultant I recognized their struggles with the corporate threadmill. When the book came out, I ordered a copy. It didn’t disappoint – and that’s an understatement.

The book is very inspirational, well-structured and pleasantly written. Rather than being cynical and telling me how to quit my dayjob, it makes you reflect about certain elements in your career (and life, even). It charges you with ideas, e.g. through all the valuable pointers to interesting blogs, websites, books and people. It goes over certain thought blockers and the epiphanies that you easily overlook – It’s so easy to go back to reality and remain in your own safe comfort zone. It handles the money question (and excuses to sit tight because of it). The book is divided in two parts – pre and post escape.

The book ultimately was the last push I needed to make the leap – I ‘escaped’ my consultancy job and am now working as a NGO program director abroad. I am very grateful to Esc and highly, highly recommend the book. There is no guidebook for career change – but this one comes closest.