Profile for Mr. JJ Cassidy > Reviews

Content by Mr. JJ Cassidy

Mr. JJ Cassidy (N.Ireland)

Safekom HDTV TV Aerial Outdoor 4G LTE Filter Triple Boom 64 Element Freeview Digital HD Full Install Kit Wideband DIY Home & Black 10 Meter 5C2V Cable With Connector , 1x Coaxial Connector Separate, 38cm Straight Stick , Waterproof Outdoor Antenna, Stick & Stick Screw - Brand New 1 Year Warranty Free & Fast Same Day Dispatch UK Seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aerial, great value, 3 May 2017
Simple and quick to build with a strong signal (transmitter is approximitely 55 miles away witha number of close 4G 800MHz masts).

This was mounted outside with another more expensive aerial that looks identical. They perform the same, are assembled the same and have equivalnt accessories (cables, pole, connectors etc). I'd save some money on the other aerials and get this one.

Can't comment on mounting it in the loft except for that it is rather large but very light.

CushCase iPad Pro 12.9 inch Sleeve Case Cover - Water Resistant Canvas (Fits iPad Pro + Smart Keyboard, Grey)
Offered by CushCase

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for travel or storage, 27 Mar. 2016
Offers good protection for your iPad. The external canvas is tough but durable and I have no doubts about it's resistance to water and stains/dirt/scuffs. The inside is very soft and padded which ensures the iPad is scratch free as well as offering protection against bumps. The internal material reminds me of a microfibre cloth as it seems to clean the iPad somewhat as you slide it into and out of the sleeve.

I have the Smart Keyboard with my iPad and it fits in the case nicely, easy to put into the case and easy to take out so the size is just right. Build quality is flawless - materials are good and the Velcro fastening is strong and feels like it will last many years to come. I like the understated design - it works equally as well at home as it does in the boardroom.

Best of all it's designed and manufactured in the UK. CushCase have a new fan!

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery, 5 Sept. 2011
I am always dubious of buying batteries from manufactures I have no experience with. A lot of batteries are of low quality and don't work as well as originals even if they are supposed to be better. This is not the case with this Anker battery.

The look and feel of a battery isn't something that you usually worry about but this Anker battery is solid and the labels covering the cell are on firmly - basically it doesn't feel cheap or that corners were cut. I have noticed the battery is slightly bigger than the standard Samsung battery for the Galaxy S II but it still works perfectly with all accessories and the back cover of the phone still fits (albeit more snugly).

The performance of the battery was surprising for the price. An official Samsung battery for the phone costs three times as much as this battery but is outperformed. I noticed modest gains in battery life - 1 hour on standby, 30 minutes of music and about 20 minutes on a call but these are real world gains, not promises. One surprising thing I noticed was how cool the battery ran. If you have used the Galaxy S II heavily you will have noticed the heat of the battery and the area around the camera. This battery does not get as hot as the standard battery under heavy use which is a surprising welcome.

The Anker battery works superbly as a replacement for the original or as an extended battery. Basically this battery is cheap, last longer than the standard battery, runs cooler and is solidly built. I can't think of any reasons why you should not purchase this for the Galaxy S II.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 10:16 PM BST

Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black
Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is advertised - excellently., 5 Sept. 2011
I recently purchased this to charge my new Anker 1900mAh battery for the Samsung Galaxy S II. This item is advertised as a stand and a battery charger but you should be aware it only charges the battery if it is out of the phone - perfect for a spare battery. This item will not charge the phone directly.

I was initially surprised by the quality of the item. It is of solid construction with high quality plastics that are nice to the touch. It holds the spare battery secure in a little compartment and even fits slightly bigger batteries (Anker 1900mAh battery for example). The compartment holds the battery securely even if it is thrown into a bag - you don't have to remove the battery or worry about the door opening and getting broke off. The USB port at the back holds the USB wire in place so it can be moved around a desk without the wire falling out.

The stand holds the phone securely and the rubber feet at the bottom keep the charger stand firmly in place. I found this useful on my desk for a clock or for playing music from. The stand allows the phone to stand upright or on its side. The one thing I did notice is that the speaker sits on the plastic if it is standing upright - this muffles the sound slightly but this can be solved by standing it on its side.

There is no doubt about the quality and usefulness of this item however at ~£[] it is twice the price of an equivalent item made of cheaper materials and without the Samsung brand. The question is if this charger stand is worth the extra money over the others. For me, I was using it at work and preferred the extra quality as everyone could see it but if it is going to be tucked away at the side of your computer at home or at your bedside, you could save a few quid and get the same functionality elsewhere.

Infiniti Professional 52X CDR Full Face Printable 700Mb 80min Cakebox (100pk)
Infiniti Professional 52X CDR Full Face Printable 700Mb 80min Cakebox (100pk)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Dec. 2010
These CDs were used in a recording studio to send out samples of our Artists creations.

I was surprised at the quality of these as we usually use Taiyo Yuden discs which are more expensive but are generally considered the best. I burnt all 100 discs without ANY coasters which is a massive step up from most of the generic discs being sold today. The sound quality was good boarding on great (not as good as the Taiyo Yuden) but on any system that is under £500, the difference is negligible.

I printed a cover on all of the discs with my Canon printer and the results were fantastic and unlike some other generic discs the top side was full face printable (some don't go the whole way to the hole in the middle but advertise as full face printable).

These are great discs and I've had no problems with them, I may cut some costs and use these instead of the Taiyo Yuden discs in the future.

Xxion Premium Quality Gold Plated STEREO Audio Adaptor 6.35mm (1/4 INCH) Jack Plug to 3.5mm Jack Socket - Often used for Headphones
Offered by ConneXxions

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to, 10 Dec. 2010
I was looking a connection for my guitar amplifier so I could use my earphones (to stop annoying the neighbours) and it was surprisingly difficult to find a decent adapter for it.

This was my third adapter and was the most expensive of the three but you get what you pay for. There was no crackle or hiss, it's a tight fit so it won't be accidentally pulled out of the amp or the earphones pulled out of the adapter. The other two had a mixture of these problems, one kept getting pulled out by my earphones every time I moved a little and the other had a dreadful hissing noise.

Summery: This one is a few quid more than the other ones on Amazon but you won't have any problems with it. Buying this adapter allows you to plug it in and forget it's even there... job done.

Car + Home Stereo Aux Auxiliary AUX-IN 3.5mm Audio Input Cable / Lead, (1.2m) for iPod, iPhone 6,6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphone, phones, mp3 music players, tablets and computers
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars JJ Cassidy, 4 May 2010
The cable seems very durable especially for the price. I use it for connecting my MP3 player to my HIFI, there is no hiss or crackles so is obviously of very good quality. I have a cable like this which is made by Belkin and while the Belkin cable is thicker the sound quality is the same and this is 1/3 the price. Free fast delivery included makes this cable a great buy.