Profile for Kayjay > Reviews

Kayjay "kathryn180999"

Soul Survivor
Soul Survivor

5.0 out of 5 stars A Love Story with a Difference, 19 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Soul Survivor (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book - although apparently written for younger readers, I'm in my 40's and really enjoyed it. I really would love to see more of the characters and see 'what happens next' (please?!!)

The Little Market Stall of Hope and Heartbreak: A feel good novel of love, secrets and friendship

2.0 out of 5 stars On reading this fairly mediocre book, I thought it ..., 28 Dec. 2015
On reading this fairly mediocre book, I thought it seemed familiar, so I searched my Kindle. I found a book from 2012 entitled 'Careless Whispers' by Marcie Steele which is basically an earlier version of this book. Some names have been changed but the gist of the story is the same. I felt tricked into buying it twice so returned this for a refund. So beware if you too have Careless Whispers on your Kindle, do not buy this! It doesn't even appear on Amazon now but I definitely have it in my order list.

A Merry Little Christmas
A Merry Little Christmas
by Julia Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars It passes the time..., 17 Dec. 2012
I'd read and enjoyed the first book in this series and looked forward to the sequel but was fairly disappointed. Characters are not as engaging and it really annoyed me how cystic fibrosis is portrayed. I thought at first there had been a mistake and another condition was meant eg cerebal palsy, as requiring a wheelchair/hoist/computer to speak with are not generally required for someone with cystic fibrosis although daily physio is (and this was not mentioned). If an author can't get basic details of a medical condition correct the whole book loses credibility. My summary is for a small amount of money the book's ok on my Kindle to pass time, but I wouldn't spend anymore than that.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 2:11 PM GMT