Profile for Sturbow > Reviews

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 27 Mar. 2013
This game is so fantastic! I think some people think too hard about the original Tomb Raider games and therefore let that cloud their judgement about this game. This is in no way the Lara Croft we once knew, this is a new young Lara. Set before she became the asskicking Lara Croft of the original games, she's young and innocent and very vulnerable. This adds greatly to the gameplay as I see it. You can almost feel her growing and becoming the "survivor Lara". The game itself features great gameplay, in my eyes a perfect combination of adventure, puzzle and action. The graphics and storyline is great and in all honesty I seriously struggled to stop playing. The gameplay could have been longer but perhaps that's all down to my own thirst for more! Anyhow they've done Tomb Raider justice and I now can't wait for the next game! Give me moooore!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I am genuinely impressed, 12 Sept. 2012
Having battled with acne since the tender age of 12 (now 27 years of age) I can safely say I am hugely impressed with this product! I have tried every "miracle" cream on the market (prescription free), no I'm not exaggerating, and yeah some work better than others. Nothing actually works for real or in the long run though. I feel as if my skin "gets used" to the creams I apply and goes back to it's normal state of... awful, painful spottiness!

So at the age of 19, having been prescribed plenty of topical creams and antibiotics (nothing worked) I was finally allowed to see the specialist dermatologist and, as I'm sure all of you spotty people out there know of, finally got the miracle cure I was so badly hoping for - Roaccutane! What a beauty, my skin cleared up and I was free of the da*n acne for ever!

Yeah right, It came back with a vengeance around 1,5 years later. Since then I have been on prescription antibiotics and topical prescription creams, without anything actually working- seriously NOTHING worked. time for the Roaccutane to work it's magic again. 4 months after the finished course of tablets, guess what, they were back, all of my dear friends, the spots.

Since then I'm back to the usual hunt of finding the next miracle cream promising me the world in one horrendously expensive tube of probably-rebranded-Clerasil-magic. And then I stumbled upon this whilst hunting for acne treatments on Amazon. I read the reviews and felt somewhat intrigued when others (also ex-Roaccutane users) claimed to have had good results with this cream. "Why not give it a go" I thought, I try everything else.

Having used this bad boy cream day and night for a month and a half now I can safely say that the overall condition of my skin has majorly improved! I am so hugely impressed, I don't know where to start my praises! I am not completely spot free, but they are less frequent and smaller. To add to my experiences I want to mention that I also have the world's most sensitive skin! Seriously, if I wash my face with anything other than fresh water it will react in a heartbeat and I'll spend the next week or so trying to calm it down, so imagine trying to apply Retin-A on it (hah!). But this cream still allows me to use it every day, and stop the spots from coming. At times when I feel extra spotty (bad diet or so) I put on a thick layer, like a mask overnight, stings like a son of a bongo initially (yes, you have been warned)! But it certainly leaves me with less prominent spots in the morning and also stops new ones from popping up.

Now, this cream will obviously not work for everyone as acne occur for many different reasons. However, I'd highly recommend trying it for a month (skin cycle is roughly 28 days before you start seeing big differences) hopefully it'll work as well for you as it has for me :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 1:10 PM GMT

Braun Silk-épil 7 7381 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 2 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7381 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 2 Attachments
Offered by Beautyparadies

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy hair removal, 7 Aug. 2012
I've been petrified of using epilators since my mother told me some horror stories of serious pain as a teenager. Why would anyone put themselves through that??!

Having seen so many adverts for epilators recently, all promising efficient hair removal and less pain I started to slowly get intrigued. Could technology have advanced since my mums teenage years, and could these machines actually deliver on their promise of super efficient hair removal? Having been an avid user of hot waxing for nearly 15 years I wonder if there actually is something better out there. Waxing is easy, and after 15 years it's virtually pain free. But it doesn't do the most efficient job as it leaves little stubbly hairs on my calves. It's also painfully slow... When I do my bikini-line, armpits and full legs it sets me back a good three hours. Who has that time to spend?? And on top of all of this it's pricy in the long run. I go through two-three tubs per month, each tub setting me back £10.

With all this in the back of my mind I decided to take the plunge and order this epilator, it's worth a try after all!

I could not recommend this any higher! It's quick easy, and not very painful at all. By that I mean, doing my full legs is completely pain free, armpits a slight stinging sensation. Top lip and bikini line is painful, but then it's not much better doing it with wax. I haven't actually tried it out in water but as I understand it will aid the experience and hopefully reduce pain. I think I'll stick to the hot wax for my bikini line, whilst keeping it tidy with the epilator in between. Everything else is just so easy to do with the epilator, it takes no time at all and it really doesn't hurt! Of course all women have different pain thresholds, but we are known to tolerate pain a lot better than our male counterparts. Keep that in mind the first time you try this super machinery out, have a go, and if it's stinging - so be it. In the long run you'll get used to the sensation and it will hurt less and less. As far as the efficiency of hair removal goes it's doing a superb job! It's still not getting all the little stubblies on my calves but, it takes care of everything between super fine little hairs to coarse bad ones. It certainly does a much better job than waxing ever did, and when I now shave the results lasts a lot longer.

All over it's AMAZING!!! Easy to use, long lasting results and it has made something I used to dread monthly into something I almost find fun.

The Rum Diary [Blu-ray]
The Rum Diary [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but just not good enough, 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Rum Diary [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm a huge fan of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas so naturally figured this would be a great film for me. I can't say I was best impressed, it's fun I guess but there's no real substance to it. The film certainly had it's moments and is in no way bad film, but I found myself constantly loosing interest in it and it was almost an effort to watch at times. That does not make a good film in my eyes. Glad to have seen it though, but it's not going in the permanent collection.

Phillips mini screwdriver size 00#, ideal for Nintenedo and Sony console repairs, etc
Offered by Storm & Lighthouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 27 Jun. 2011
I bought this to unscrew the L-bracket in my 13" MacBook. This screwdriver was just what I needed and it's a great quality item. I'd highly recommend this product!

Kingston KVR667D2S5/1G RAM 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 SODIMM, 200-Pin, 1.8 V
Kingston KVR667D2S5/1G RAM 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 SODIMM, 200-Pin, 1.8 V
Offered by TriStar Electronics Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 27 Jun. 2011
I bought two of these to upgrade my white 13" MacBook (2007). The installation was very straightforward, no software installation required, and the performance of my computer has increased drastically. It has brought new life into my old little computer and it was so cheap! I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone

HDTV Aerial Cable 125 dB / Class A+ / 5x Shielding / 1 m
HDTV Aerial Cable 125 dB / Class A+ / 5x Shielding / 1 m
Offered by DCSkabel

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 27 Jun. 2011
After having tried five different tv aerial cables, and still getting pixelated signal interruption, frozen screens and regularly seeing "no signal" when I tried to watch tv, I finally decided to bite the bullet and invest in a high quality tv aerial, and I am so glad I did!

Ever since getting this aerial cable I haven't had a single interruption or even the tiniest pixel not viewing properly. Why did I ever buy a HDTV without a high quality HD aerial? That is almost as mad as buying a beautiful sports car and driving it on a set of cheap tyres, you will simply not get the full performance out of the car!

So to sum it all up, the aerial gives a much better quality picture, it is thoroughly shielded and gives a consistent signal with no interruptions or frozen screens - its amazing, and worth every penny!

LUPO Anti Static Wrist Strap ESD Grounding Wrist Strap Band - Prevents Build up of Static Electricity
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 April 2011
Great product. It fits my small wrists perfectly and is a good quality product. I am very happy with it and would recommend it to others looking for a grounding wristband

Seagate ST9500420AS, 500GB Mobile SATA Momentus, 7200RPM 16MB Cache
Seagate ST9500420AS, 500GB Mobile SATA Momentus, 7200RPM 16MB Cache
Offered by Extreme_Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised, 5 April 2011
written in 2011- I bought this hard drive based on the Amazon reviews, but still had my concerns as some of the reviews had pointed out the drive was noisy, hot and could be difficult to install on a Mac. But I was pleasantly surprised!

My computer spec: MacBook 13" white mid 2007, OSX Snow leopard.

I first performed a standard Time Machine backup, then switched the computer off completely, let it cool down, before I removed the battery, unscrewed the L-shaped bracket then pulled out the hard drive disk and replaced it with the new one. After that it was just a matter of putting everything back, starting the computer up again and reinstall Snow Leopard and restore from the Time Machine backup. The whole process took no longer than 3 hours (restoring from the backup took around 2,5 hours as I had a lot on the old drive...) so the actual time it took to replace the drive itself was no longer than 15 min, if even that to be honest.
Tools you'll need: 00-screwdriver, T8 torx key and grounding bracelet. I'd recommend that you do some research online first to familiarise yourself with the process. Apple have got great instructions on their support website.

After using the drive for a month and a half now, I could not be happier. It is definitely not loud, it is actually a lot less noisier than my original drive, it doesn't heat up as much as the old drive either. I've now got huge amounts of storage and it performs fast and I feel it's very reliable, my old little Mac has been given a whole new lease of life.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who are looking to replace their laptop storage

------
Update: 2013.

the HDD is still going strong. Not a single problem. The drive has not gotten any hotter or louder over time and no data has ever been lost. I can safely say it was a top purchase!

Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars I am hooked!, 1 Mar. 2011
Having heard so much praise for Mad Men for years now I thought it was about time to give it a go, and I'm glad I did! It took me about two and a half episodes to really get in to it, as the storyline just gets better and better!

I would highly recommend Mad Men to anyone who enjoys a good TV show. If you're more of a movie fan you'll probably appreciate the stunning set of Mad Men, but you might not appreciate the storyline to it's fullest. Personally I love great TV shows so made sure to buy all three seasons that were available at once, when I get hooked I just can't stop!

Page: 1 | 2