Profile for Jan Gundtofte-Bruun > Reviews

Content by Jan Gundtofte-...

Jan Gundtofte-Bruun (Denmark)

IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective upon delivery, 7 Aug. 2014
I just got this delivered, and am filling out a return form: There is a seam in the corner of the cover that is not fully "welded", which leaves a gap of 4-5 mm that looks like the wear damage that occurs over the lifetime of the product. (I intend to update this review if the replacement is better.)

Logitech C905 Portable Webcam
Logitech C905 Portable Webcam

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this! You won't regret it., 7 July 2014
I've bought a number of these, handing them out like candy to friends. They're no longer the newest on the shelf, but boy do they deliver! Their ability to deal with crummy lighting (uneven, dark, directly facing lamps, etc) is downright uncanny.

The only downside, if I have to point to something, is the too-short-for-a-desktop cable and that it doesn't fit so well on desktop flat panel displays (it's really intended to clip onto slim laptop lids).

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay for music, but not for calling., 7 July 2014
As RMB says, this product might be okay, but no better.

I really like the form factor and design, and it's quite pleasant to wear for even extended lengths of time. Being able to connect to two devices is brilliant.

The sound quality is not too shabby when listening to music, but for phone calls the sound is unacceptably muffled -- at both ends of the conversation. Also, I've been 10m away from my phone and could still listen to music, but I've also had way too many issues with dropped audio and even disconnections (phone-headset connection, not dropped call) while the phone was less than 1m away. This is totally unacceptable.

Oddly, the instructions depict a "wall wart" charger, but the package includes only the headset and a cable. That's fine, but the cable really has to be worked into the socket on the headset, and won't work right with other devices. Is it not a standard cable?

Operating the buttons makes *considerable* noise in that ear (because of the way the contacts are constructed, hard clicks rather than soft presses). There are tones to let you know (too often...) when the connection is established or lost, or when the battery is going flat. These are not explained very well in the manual, but they're few enough to figure out by use. It's a shame that the dying battery will keep--on--reminding--you--every--few--seconds. I get it, all right, but let me finish my phone call, okay?

I'm returning this. I guess I need to spend more money on a better product.

Futurama: Complete Seasons 1 - 4 [DVD]
Futurama: Complete Seasons 1 - 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy West

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent (except for commentary), 17 Jun. 2010
This box set is a real gem for Futurama fans. The quality is excellent, and there is an appropriate stack of bonus material.

The only shame is that it is very evident that Matt&co tired of making commentaries after doing only a handful of episodes. The first couple of tracks are funny and informative, but that quickly fades (I wonder if they did them all in one go?). They end up talking about totally unrelated matters and even make fun of the whole concept of commentaries -- at that point, it would have been better to just not include any. I haven't bothered to check the commentary tracks on the last couple of discs...

Nokia CA-101 Micro USB Data Cable
Nokia CA-101 Micro USB Data Cable
Offered by B2B TRADING

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT a standard USB data cable, 17 Jun. 2010
The cable I received was quite a bit shorter than the one pictured (15cm overall length). This is almost okay for me, but others may want to know beforehand.

The biggest problem is that, although this cable is able to charge my Android phones (Samsung Galaxy, HTC Desire), they are not recognized as USB devices on the PC end. Apparently, Nokia is doing some non-standard voodoo to their USB "data" cables. Now you know.