Profile for Sacha > Reviews

Content by Sacha

Sacha

Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
by Gwen Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sensible advice, 17 Feb. 2014
Clear instructions and good photos. Still working on the advice so cannot say if it is effective but it is working so far.

The Black Count: Glory, revolution, betrayal and the real Count of Monte Cristo
The Black Count: Glory, revolution, betrayal and the real Count of Monte Cristo
by Tom Reiss

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of little known history, 17 Nov. 2013
Having read the Count of Monte Cristo many years ago I found this book revealing of the background. But it stands on its own as an account of the French Revolution and its aftermath from a very particular point of view. Napoleon's black general, the status of slaves in Revolutionary and post revolutionary France, and the portrait of a brave and effective commander, who fell foul of political rivalries and a vicious leader.

A Sting in the Tale
A Sting in the Tale
by Dave Goulson

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for bee keepers or even connoisseurs of pies, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Sting in the Tale (Hardcover)
Absolutely wonderful, funny, charming, touching, informative book. Could not put it down. Now I have a little insight into what the amazingly busy creatures in my garden are up to. I shall cherish the book and the bumble bees. Just off to put in some nectar plants to give them a treat.

Jeremy Clarkson - War Stories [DVD]
Jeremy Clarkson - War Stories [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not a Jeremy Clarkson fan, 17 Nov. 2013
I am not a Jeremy Clarkson fan but these stories are out of the ordinary and need someone a bit eccentric to tell them. A humbling experience.

Braveheart
Braveheart
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful music, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
So atmospheric. Parts of it are eerily lovely and parts are stirring and exciting. I haven't even seen the film but love the cd

THE WELLBEING AUTOGENIC RELAXATION CD for stress anxiety panic disorder
THE WELLBEING AUTOGENIC RELAXATION CD for stress anxiety panic disorder
Offered by Your Wellbeing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gentle exercises, 13 Aug. 2013
Excellent gentle exercises that can be done in about 15 minutes. I do them daily and occasionally follow up with the relaxation part of the cd. Also recommended is the Well being relaxation CD from the same people. I use this every night to help me sleep and it is so good that I rarely get to the end of the cd before I am sleeping soundly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly witty card, 13 April 2013
This is a really witty card and it was greatly appreciated. I shall certainly buy more in the future. Loved it.

THE WELLBEING RELAXATION CD for stress anxiety panic disorder, very effective sleep aid.
Offered by Your Wellbeing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 15 Nov. 2012
I am suffering from anxiety and I have found this CD very helpful. I often listen to it in bed and it helps me to sleep. The first half of the Cd has spoken instructions on relaxation and the second half is just music and birdsong. I was a bit worried when I bought it because it is so old but it certainly still works for me.

The Pursuit Of Happiness
The Pursuit Of Happiness
by Douglas Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 April 2011
In fact so disappointing and irritating, shallow, unconvincing, sloppily written, and self important that I could neither finish it nor believe it was the same writer who wrote "The Woman in the Fifth" which was itself only a professionally written page turner of a second rate holiday reading thriller. As you see, I did not like this book. I am just going to put it in the bin rather than inflict it on anyone else.