Profile for Gareth Jordan > Reviews

Content by Gareth Jordan

Gareth Jordan (Garnant, Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bulk Hardware BH00295 Replacement Pull Starter Handle and Rope
Bulk Hardware BH00295 Replacement Pull Starter Handle and Rope

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not so cheerful - broke on first pull :-(, 7 Aug. 2016
Oh dear - Al llooked like it was going well - slightly large hole on the handle, but a washer and a bigger knot was all that was needed for that.
The main problem came when I pulled the rope after reassembling the whole unit - SNAP!! Yes, first pull. I guess it is cheap, and I only have myself to blame for not believing other reviewers on this item :-(

Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Duo Love Seat Bench
Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Duo Love Seat Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble and quality furniture., 29 Jun. 2016
Good looking and comfy - easy to assemble and can be done by one person.

The chairs are comfy on their own and don't creak or bend when you sit on them (I am 15 stone and all good so far).
Good quality and colour is consistent with all parts. Weighs in around 20Kg max, so easy enough to move around by yourself.

The instructions are fine - all I would say is make sure you realise that the two inside uprights are th ecorrect ones - as they have holes in them to link the flat connector deck to each other - a small point but easy to get carried away and not notice the difference.

I bought them on a 'Amazon Deal Day', for £60 and think it was money well spent.

Only down side is that they should provide round blanking plugs for when you haven't got a parasol to go in to the table (small gripe).

If they come up again at a bargain price, I will be buying another set.

Taylors of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin Screw Tread Pot 150gr
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality - makes having a shave a pleasant experience., 6 Jun. 2016
Used this for about 2 months now and quite honestly it is the best shave cream i have used. You only need a small amount and it goes a long way. I use a shaving brush to spread it and from there i have used Gillette blades and also The Bearded Colonel blades. The Bearded Colonel gave closer/smoother results, but this cream works well with all bladed razors. Nice smell as well.

[New Release] Anker 3ft Nylon Braided USB Cable with Lightning Connector [Apple MFi Certified] for iPhone SE / 6s/ 6 Plus/ 6, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and More (Space Gray)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable - very good value - bought two now., 30 April 2016
Great feeling cable - soft fabric type feel to it. Seems very strong, and well finished. I was fed up of buying cheap Apple iPhone cables (non-original) and having them stop working, or becoming temperamental after a while. This one seems well made and syncs all lightning Apple Devices I have (iPhones and iPads). Nice little touch is the velcro strap that allows you to coil the cable up and keep it tidy - and doesn't get lost!

Tuff-Luv Garmin Edge 20 / 25 Silicone case and screen protection - Black
Tuff-Luv Garmin Edge 20 / 25 Silicone case and screen protection - Black
Offered by Tuff-Luv

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK - but overpriced, 8 Mar. 2016
It is a thin and flexible silicon cover for the Edge 20/25 - but I think it is a bit too flexible.
It does the job of protecting the unit, but slides around a bit too much for my liking due to its flexibility.
I would rather it a 'tighter' fit and not able to 'twist' around once on the unit.
I think it is overpriced for what it is, and must admit I wouldn't have paid as much for it had I known what it was like 'in the flesh'.
Probably worth £2.99 max.

Gardena 1L Comfort Pump Sprayer
Gardena 1L Comfort Pump Sprayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, sturdy, comfy and doesn't fall over on the worktop, 8 Mar. 2016
This is a well made item - and I like the fact it is not too tall (often the sprayers get top heavy when running low and then topple over on worktop).
The feel is very good indeed - and sprays consistently.
It will spray from a fine mist to a decent blast.
The screw on cap only needs about 1 turn to tighten completely, but is safe and secure.
I use it for Rhino Goo dispensing for my mountain bike, and will be buying another for using bilberry juice to clean the wheels on my car.
Only downside is that you can't see what is inside the bottle, so if you had a few you would need to label them, rather than just see the colour of what is inside like you can with transparent bottles.

Hozelock Jet Spray Watering Gun with 2 Spray Patterns
Hozelock Jet Spray Watering Gun with 2 Spray Patterns

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality at a decent price., 6 Feb. 2016
Great quality - good build and decent price. Good range of sprays and can 'lock' on so don't need to keep pulling trigger to keep open.

Black Nitrile disposable gloves size L or XL box of 100, AQL1.5 (Extra Large)
Black Nitrile disposable gloves size L or XL box of 100, AQL1.5 (Extra Large)
Offered by WORKSHOP+

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality gloves, 6 Feb. 2016
Good quality gloves. I found that they have been brilliant when doing home mechanics. I now keep several sets in my car in case I need to change a tyre etc. Also pack a couple in mountain bike back pack for when i need to fix messy stuff on the trails.

JBL Synchros Reflect BT Wireless Sweat Proof In-Ear Sports Bluetooth Headphones Earphones with Mic and Reflective Cable Design Compatible with Apple iOS and Android Devices - Black
Offered by West-Kom

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, great build quality, fantastic bluetooth - poor sound :-(, 6 Feb. 2016
I wanted to like these, I really did. I have tried loads of Bluetooth in-ear headphones as I do a fair amount of exercise in the gym - especially static bike training. I thought that given the reputation of JBL (I have a few of their products that are great) the sound quality would be up there with the best. Unfortunately this was not the case. The fit was brilliant. The connectivity with the iPhone was brilliant. The sound quality was poor for the price. And that's what it comes down to in the end - for the price the sound is not up to scratch. No real bass and more of a midtone / high frequency set of earphones. I tried the different buds but still not impressed with the sound. Sent them back - so I am still looking for the perfect set of bluetooth earbuds.

125mm polished brass Georgian style pull door handle
125mm polished brass Georgian style pull door handle
Offered by Overstock Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and doe the job intended, 12 Jan. 2016
Does the job and looks great on the inside of my mother-in-law's door. It means she can now pull open a stiff front door without straining her wrist. Looks great with the rest of the door furniture and is easy to fit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5