Profile for Derek Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Life At The Bottom
Life At The Bottom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that rings depressingly true, 21 Oct. 2014
A brilliant book that should be much more widely read. However, I am conscious that it will be read mostly be people predisposed to agree with the author, just as most readers of "Chavs: the demonization of the working class" by Owen Jones are probably left-wing. I do not agree with Jones but he makes a good case and it is instructive to read Dalrymple and Jones in the same week.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cartridges but it is more economical to buy the Apples cartridges with greater capacity, 21 Oct. 2014
I have had unfortunate experiences with compatible cartridges so I now always buy genuine Epson cartridges. The price here is competitive and I was happy with my purchase at the time. However, I now always buy Apple T1295 instead of these Fox cartridges. Apple cartridges hold more ink but the price does not rise proportionately, so you get more bang for your buck.

1x CKB LTD Microfibre CORAL Washable Pad Fits H2O H20, VAX S2 & Bionaire Steam Mop
Offered by VacMagic

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 Oct. 2014
It's OK but nothing to get excited about. I find it more difficult to push the mop with this pad than with the microfibre pad supplied with the Vax without it doing a discernibly better job.

Bosch AKE 40-19 S Chainsaw with Bar Length of 40 cm
Bosch AKE 40-19 S Chainsaw with Bar Length of 40 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars The best chainsaw I have owned, 20 Oct. 2014
I bought this Bosch chainsaw because I had purchased a Bosch hedgecutter and was very impressed with it. I also own a petrol chainsaw but this is lighter and I feel, rightly or wrongly, that it is safer. I use it for pruning trees in an orchard and it does a very good job.

BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally pleased with it, 20 Oct. 2014
I have not used the nuisance call blocking because I do not receive too many such calls - perhaps because I am ex-directory or perhaps I am just lucky. I was not looking for an Answerphone facility but I am now glad I have it since BT have started to charge for 1571. I noticed a couple of reviews that said the range was poor but I have used it at 50+ yards from the base without difficulty, My one complaint is that when on loudspeaker the sound is often distorted. What is strange is that it is not always distorted.

T&G - Set of 6 round tablemats in FSC® certified cork
T&G - Set of 6 round tablemats in FSC® certified cork

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodish quality, 20 Oct. 2014
Goodish quality and heat resistant. Six in a set is a very useful number. Will tolerate some spills if they are wiped immediately.

Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD]
Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on a computer monitor, 26 Aug. 2014
I have watched all these films on a high quality computer monitor whilst using my exercise bike. The length of most of these Hal Roach comedies makes these films ideal for that purpose. I am more than satisfied with the quality of the picture and sound and it is interesting to see the colorized versions.

However, inflation seems to have taken hold. I bought this L&H collection from Amazon 3.5 years ago for less than £25. The current price as I write this is almost six times as much. At less than 25 quid it was an incredible bargain, but I would not want for fork out more than a hundred quid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 7:51 PM BST

Eco-Nique Natural Hemp Brown Case Cover for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fit and comfortable to hold, 26 Aug. 2014
I have had this for more than three years and it has stood up well to wear and tear. A good fit and comfortable to hold.

Vax 1913162701 Steam Solution for S2S, 500 ml
Vax 1913162701 Steam Solution for S2S, 500 ml
Offered by TCB DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant scent but not sure about its cleaning powers, 26 Aug. 2014
It seems rather expensive for what it is and I do not notice a great deal of difference when using the mop with or without the detergent. However, it does have a very pleasant scent.

Edimax EW-7622UMN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Nano Adapter
Edimax EW-7622UMN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Nano Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me, 25 Aug. 2014
I have noticed a number of critical reviews but it works fine (and quickly) for me

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15