Profile for Derek Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Moth Killer hanging unit Twin Pack by RENTOKIL
Moth Killer hanging unit Twin Pack by RENTOKIL
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars I prefer to use them in combination with other moth killers, 19 April 2016
I use these hanging units plus balls and strips in combination in drawers and wardrobes - each being more suitable in particular locations than the others two, though I think I prefer the balls and strips to these hanging units. I do see the occasional moth, usually dead, and so I am satisfied that they work. However, I have found from experience that it is a false economy to skimp on their use: too many is much better than too few. Since none of these moth killers last very long and must be replaced regularly, it is expensive to keep moths at bay.

Zensect - Moth Proofer Balls, Lavender Fragrance
Zensect - Moth Proofer Balls, Lavender Fragrance
Offered by millstones

4.0 out of 5 stars They work but it is important to replace them every six months, 19 April 2016
I use these balls, hanging units and strips in combination in drawers and wardrobes - each being more suitable in particular locations than the others two. I do see the occasional moth, usually dead, and so I am satisfied that they work. It is a pity that none of these moth killers last very long and must be replaced regularly, making it a relatively expensive, albeit necessary, method of controlling moths

Destry Rides Again [DVD]
Destry Rides Again [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marlene Dietrich

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite fims, 18 April 2016
This review is from: Destry Rides Again [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful story and acting, great songs and, above all, a film I never tire of watching. Stewart (as usual) is splendid and Dietrich is willing to play a role that parodies her younger self (she was 39 when this film was made). I particularly like Dietrich singing "The boys in the back room".

Long Life Lamp Company 4 x R50 LED 5W E14 Replacment for Reflector R50 LED Light Bulb Energy saving

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 18 April 2016
I have been very impressed with these. I bought four to use as replacements as my traditional R50 bulbs expired. What a difference! I can't wait for all the old bulbs to expire and intend to replace all eight as soon as possible.

Robert Welch Handheld Knife Sharpener Replacement Ceramic Wheel
Robert Welch Handheld Knife Sharpener Replacement Ceramic Wheel
Offered by Smart Electricals Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not quite as expensive as I first thought, 18 April 2016
This does seem somewhat expensive but having seen another make in a kitchen shop offered as an alternative replacement for my RW sharpener at four times the price I did not feel quite so bad about paying up. I did notice a difference when I first used the replacement wheel and it does a good job.

Life At The Bottom
Life At The Bottom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that rings depressingly true, 21 Oct. 2014
A brilliant book that should be much more widely read. However, I am conscious that it will be read mostly be people predisposed to agree with the author, just as most readers of "Chavs: the demonization of the working class" by Owen Jones are probably left-wing. I do not agree with Jones but he makes a good case and it is instructive to read Dalrymple and Jones in the same week.

Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer 250 ml Liquid Concentrate Weedkiller
Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer 250 ml Liquid Concentrate Weedkiller
Offered by Dixons Discount Warehouse LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me, 21 Oct. 2014
I have used it on a large willow stump and various other trees with success. It needs to be applied immediately after the tree has been cut down. I always drill a couple of holes and fill with neat Roundup as well as putting it on the surface, and I put some polythene over the stump if I think that rain is likely in the following week.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cartridges but it is more economical to buy the Apples cartridges with greater capacity, 21 Oct. 2014
I have had unfortunate experiences with compatible cartridges so I now always buy genuine Epson cartridges. The price here is competitive and I was happy with my purchase at the time. However, I now always buy Apple T1295 instead of these Fox cartridges. Apple cartridges hold more ink but the price does not rise proportionately, so you get more bang for your buck.

Morphy Richards 48718 Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48718 Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre - Stainless Steel
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not cook as slowly as I would like, 21 Oct. 2014
A large slow cooker that is on a par with many other such cookers I have seen and owned. My one complaint is that even on low it cooks too quickly for a slow cooker. I have never used the high setting because I regard the low setting as high. I have already replaced it with a slow cooker that cooks more slowly on low.

1x CKB LTD Microfibre CORAL Washable Pad Fits H2O H20, VAX S2 & Bionaire Steam Mop
Offered by VacMagic

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 Oct. 2014
It's OK but nothing to get excited about. I find it more difficult to push the mop with this pad than with the microfibre pad supplied with the Vax without it doing a discernibly better job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16