Profile for M. A. Saunders > Reviews

Content by M. A. Saunders

M. A. Saunders (uk)

AlcoSense Excel Fuel Cell Breathalyzer Alcohol Tester Breathalyser - Auto Express Best Buy 2016 Winner
Offered by AlcoSense Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, simple to use but not compatible with Mac, 13 July 2017
As with other reviewers was sent Alcosense Pro. Very easy to set up and use, intuitive and no need to check instructions after 1st use.

Only gripe is that it only works with a PC and not a Mac so I can't update to the latest software version without returning to manufacturer. Works fine so not bothering to send back, will ask for upgrade when it's calibrated.

Replacement Audio Cable for AKG K450 K430 K451 K452 K480 K490 K495 Q460 Headphones - Upgrade Cord
Offered by Reytid Limted

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 July 2016
Item exactly as described, works perfectly with my AKG headphones, quick delivery and great price.

Honeywell 1013530 Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff, Green
Honeywell 1013530 Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff, Green
Offered by Ponyosan

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive quality for the price, 16 May 2016
Just buying my second pair for clay pigeon shooting as I often take guests along and earplugs aren't great to use. Had these 3 months, used regularly and very impressed by the quality for the price. Easy to hold a normal conversation while having shotgun noise suppressed.

I also own a pair of 3M Peltor sportacs which are more comfortable, but do the same job for a much higher price. Hence the purchase of a 2nd pair of these rather than the pricier Peltors.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Some set up needed with BT Home Hub 4, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
On my 2nd Fire box now as the 1st one didn't do anything except flash it's lights. Amazon sent a replacement which turned up 12 hours after I spoke to them - great customer service.

Initially it wouldn't connect to the internet via a BT home hub 4 on either wifi or a wired connection. Amazon customer service guy very helpful as always and we got the box to connect to my iPhone as a personal hotspot to isolate the issue as the BT hub. He then arranged a further support call. However someone saw my review and suggested that if I switched off BT Parental Controls on the BT Home Hub it should work. It worked a treat.

However the Fire TV had very poor sound quality. This was resolved when Amazon support phoned. They told me to turn the box off for 30 seconds (I had only turned it off few a few seconds before) and sound is great.

It now works perfectly so I can watch Prime on my old "dumb" plasma as well as the smart TV and iPad.

Only given 4 stars as the build quality is not up to Apple standards. On both boxes the ports you put the HDMI cable & ethernet cable into are slightly too small so you have to force them in. I had to use a pair of pliers to remove the ethernet cable which damaged the cable.

Initially disappointed but now very happy with Fire TV.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2014 12:40 PM GMT

One For All Essence 4 Universal remote control - Black - Controls 4 devices -TV Set Top Box DVD Blu-ray player and Audio devices - Guaranteed to work all brands. URC7140

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Remote which works with all my devices, 31 Oct. 2013
Remote packed up for my Panasonic plasma so ordered this remote based on Amazon reviews. I was half expecting to return it given some of the negative reviews.

For the TV the magic set up didn't work so I was sure the item would be going back. However, using the code set up, the 1st code I tried worked. This is a 20 second job.

For the Panasonic DVD the magic set up worked (10 second job) and, even more surprisingly, using the search function it eventually (maybe 100 clicks) synched with my BT vision box.

The remote itself feels solid and pleasant to use (better than my current DVD and BT vision remotes). It has better range and accuracy than the original TV and the BT vision remotes. After 1 day I have got used to the button placement, just need to remember to choose which device I am trying to communicate with. The kids have no such problems and say how much simpler it is. The DVD & BT Vision remotes are now put away.

Only downside I can find is that it came without the 4 AAA batteries required but at this price that's understandable.

Great product, great price.

PS Amazon customer service outstanding - the first delivery I had was a pair of boxers instead of the remote. Quick phone call and the remote arrived the following day - pants posted back to Amazon for free.

Digihome LED42983FHD 42-inch Widescreen Full HD LED TV with Freeview (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the price, 14 Oct. 2013
This is the 3rd Digihome TV I own, and they all follow the same pattern; OK picture quality, adequate sound, excellent connectivity at an outstandingly low price.

I've found that as TVs are getting ever more complex they fail (bar my ancient Panny 42" plasma) so I am happier buying bargain TVs such as this. The sound did pack up on this product after a couple of months but Amazon's excellent returns service provided a new TV and no further problems for the last 4 months.

TV is mainly used close up hooked into an Xbox for which it is perfect. No judder or ghosting and you don't notice the sound. When watching freeview the picture quality is fine, best to sit further back from the screen but the tinny sound is more obvious watching TV. When I get round to it I will hook it up to an amp to improve the sound.

Remote is fiddly, the EPG button is difficult to spot and is in a different place on all my 3 digihome remotes. That said the on screen EPG is excellent, better than the Panasonic and in a different league to the expensive Sony (which died 6 months out of warranty).

If I'm looking for other faults the TV & stand are plasticky but what do you expect for this price?

Summary - if you are looking for a top end TV and are a hi-fi nut do not get this TV. For everyone else this is a good, amazingly cheap TV with more inputs than you'll need.

Digihome LCD32913HDDVD 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview and Built in DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly OK for a cheap TV, 2 Sept. 2012
Bought this to replace an expensive Sony TV/DVD combo which broke after 18 months and neither Amazon nor Sony would refund - make the point that it's not just cheap TVs which go wrong.

Bought this TV with some concerns given the 1 star reviews. 3 months down the line am impressed what you can get for £200.

Pros
Set up was simple and all previous channels were found. Great range of inputs. Picture quality is pretty good, slightly worse than the Sony but amazing when you consider the price. Looks good. EPG is much much better than the Sony TV so it's actually simpler to use.

Cons
Sound is really tinny and it projects backward - sound is louder and better behind TV than in front of it. The remote is poor, very cluttered, badly labeled but in time can be figured out. I found it leaned back slightly on it's stand which may be a problem for a bedroom computer.

Overall - a much better TV than I expected for the price. I am going to buy it's cheaper brother (no DVD player) to watch while on the treadmill.

Sony KDL22BX20DU BRAVIA 22-inch Widescreen LCD HD Ready TV with Built-in DVD Player and Freeview (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good TV with 1 flaw, 23 Jun. 2010
Bought as a tv for a bedroom.

The picture quality is very good as is the DVD playback. Sound is a bit tinny but better than many small flatscreen tvs.

As in the previous review the freeview electronic programming guide (epg) is terrible. It only shows what is on 1 channel at a time for the coming few hours. You have to click through each channel individually. Most epgs show all channels and what's on now, allowing you to scroll through and see what you like the look of. I've read the guide and it doesn't look as though the view can be changed.

If you're using this as a gaming tv, for the dvd or to hook up to Sky you'll be very happy. If you're planning to use the freeview epg you may find it annoying.