Profile for Ollie Cox > Reviews

Content by Ollie Cox

Ollie Cox (UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars So far very good for me, 22 May 2014
Used it for a month and am told by the other half that it works well. Doesn't totally stop the snoring but consistently makes it much better and quieter for her. The bottle has just run out and she's shouting at me to go and get some more - so it must be pretty good!

I don't understand the reviewers who complain that it's a foam - it says that it's a foam on the bottle, the paper instructions and the packet! If it wasn't a foam then it wouldn't stay at the back of the throat long enough to do its job. And the reviewer who said that you had to leave it there for a minute clearly hadn't read the instructions at all: you spray it for 1 second, swallow, repeat two more times. So I now wonder whether they also read the instructions to "shake vigorously" first and "hold the can upside down" when you spray. If they didn't then I'm not surprised it didn't work.

On the other hand what works well for one person doesn't for the next - medicines are like that. But it has worked well for me so I'd say it's well worth a try.

Action Cook Book
Action Cook Book
by Len Deighton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Cook Book, 14 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Action Cook Book (Hardcover)
So good to see this brilliant cook book has been reprinted. My dog eared original from the 60's was starting to fall apart - and my son kept nicking it to take to college. So now he's got the old copy and I've got this nice new hard-back version.

Len Deighton's lovely simple approach puts Gordon and Co in their place. And I'm sure the quality of his food is just as good.

Transcend TS2GMP630 2GB T.SONIC MP3 Player - Snow White
Transcend TS2GMP630 2GB T.SONIC MP3 Player - Snow White

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend MP630, 17 Jun. 2009
I have had two of these devices now. They are very neat and have a good recording capability.

The online updating of the firmware has been quite impressive for managing the odd programming glitches - and it shows that Transcend is actively maintaining the product.

My only gripe is the Sleep setting. You have to go through a lot of hoops every time just to tell it to go to sleep after a set number of minutes. Surely, since one of the options is to turn sleep "off", then if you've selected "turn off after 30 minutes" instead you will want that to happen from then on! But no - it does it once and then turns the option "off". Needlessly annoying.