Profile for casperdog > Reviews

Content by casperdog

casperdog

Mens Black Denim Dupont 280GSM Kevlar Motorbike Jeans With CE Armour - Great Size Range Of Waist/Leg Options
Offered by Bike-Wear-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget Kevlar, 21 April 2017
Good pair of budget kevlar jeans. You never want to test them in earnest, but have knee and hip armour. Seem well made and fit well.

Weather Station With Outdoor Sensor / Transmitter - Wireless Weather Station Gadget by ThinkGizmos (Trademark Protected)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a technophobe - straight forward and functional, 11 Jan. 2017
Had to return it. Sad because I mainly wanted the outdoor temperature and this was what went wrong.Did everything by the book but it was reading plus 10 degrees which was so wide of the mark the machine was useless. Disappointed.

A domestic weather station. I'm a technophobe so I don't like lots of complicated instructions and simplicity is best. This machine seems to answer my needs, its simple to set up and seem to work fine. The read out is simple, clear and modern looking. So far so good. I have only owned it a day but the set up wasn't too complex (even i managed to do it so it must be quite straight forward to do) and it seems to read the outdoor temperature accurately. It takes a while for the outdoor sensor and main unit to communicate and to calibrate to the outside temperature (about 30 minutes). Whether it lasts is anybody's guess, it has a 12 month warranty. So watch this space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 29 April 2016
This is a well made but small multi purpose knife. A key ring knife more than anything. The fact that the quality of build and they get so many on a tiny knife is a work of skill and technology. Well made, utility and attractive. Don't buy it as your main knife but well worth the money - super little tool.

Ideal woman's knife or a man's keyring tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars The compact scout, 29 Jan. 2013
This is a back up knife. Very light weight, but the blade is sharp and business like. The handle I think is high impact nylon and the blade is tough carbon steel. Overall a great little knife that shouldn't be your main camping knife, but one that is in your pocket ready to do those little jobs. I like it and I got a little pouch for it as well. The blade is particularly sharp. Nice little knife.

Victorinox Black Leather Pouch (2-4 Layer)
Victorinox Black Leather Pouch (2-4 Layer)
Offered by BEST VALUES

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheath or Pouch for you swiss army knife, 29 Jun. 2011
Do buy one as it will protect your knife from those every day annoying scrapes. I have the Huntsman Swiss army model and I'm on my second knife but the second knife has the sheath or pouch and it is 100% better as its safely away and discreetly in a small black job on your belt. the leather quality is very good and the price delivered was excellent. The velcro closure is great , easy to open when you need it and the knife is snug in the sheath. Previously I always kept my knife in my pocket and this can be awkward and the red casing of the knife gets so damaged and scuffed too, so the sheath is ideal. Its also small enough to be able to take to work without people being alarmed that you're ''carrying''. I couldn't do this with my old Bowie knife that I had in the Scouts; these days someone would have dialled 999 toute suite. But this little pouch keeps my Huntsman safe and I feel confident and equipped to take it with me always;on small DIY jobs, out in the countryside and at home or at work. Very well made and the little metal plate on the front gives you the knowledge that you're in the Victorinox sub-culture of useful gadgets, so vital for the male psyche or mine at least. With this item you're always ''prepared'' and Baden Powell would be amazed and indeed proud.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2012 3:33 PM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Huntsman Swiss Army Knife, 29 Jun. 2011
I had one of these a few years ago and it got well used and the red shell and other parts got destroyed by heavy use, so it was time for another. I also have a Leatherman tool but the leather man is just too big to carry around with you generally IMO. The Huntsman has all the main tools an average person need so it is fine for usual uses. I bought the item via Amazon and it came quickly and efficiently. The blades are sharp and the whole thing is quality. I also bought a pouch or sheath for the knife this time and this is a definitely good idea as it means its easy to get to and safely away when not in use. The saw blade is awesome. I'm always worried I'll loose the toothpick and tweezers but hey I can order some more! Its also compact not too big and that why i like it, I can take it to work without people getting worried, the leatherman is not so discreet :-) I think a swiss army knife is a bit more socially acceptable in Western society, IMHO a machete is definitely a no no in Hamstead Heath etc. or the Home Counties. I give the product a 10 out of 10 and the knife is carried with me everywhere I go, apart as hand luggage on airplanes - do not take one as it will be confiscated. Main case is fine but NOT hand luggage. Happy camping you won't be dissapointed; probably the best swiss army knife to purchase.