Profile for Millionwordman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Grannys Original Soap Flakes
Grannys Original Soap Flakes

4.0 out of 5 stars What's to say...?, 19 Jun. 2015
I'd love to make a detailed review expounding the nature and virtue of the product, but...

They're soap flakes...

Arrived promptly, correct quantity, and they work for the purpose intended, will buy again from here when next we need some.

Camper Van Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, Blue, Double
Camper Van Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, Blue, Double

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bought for me..., 19 Jun. 2015
But both my wife and mother in law are camper van enthusiasts, and so this seemed like a perfectly good present for the mother in law. It's good quality sheeting and fits well to the size purchased, the colours are vibrant and in all, it's a quality bedset, recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Midori, But..., 19 Jun. 2015
I don't know about everyone else, but I sometimes find a really nice notebook intimidating, because you really want to put perfect words in there, and not smudge it or make mistakes, and it's at this point that a rough notebook works wonders because you don't worry about what you put in there, you just write.

I've had my eye on the Midori notebooks for some time, but I've never got one because they are expensive, and I wasn't sure I'd have been happy paying that amount for another notebook, even one that's refillable.

I should have got over that sooner, I ordered these because of the price, figuring that I'll use them either way, and if I later wanted to upgrade to a Midori, I'd have had some use out of this to get used to the idea.

I have to say now that I'll not be upgrading to a Midori...

And the reason for this is that these are perfect for the purpose at hand, they're a useful size for regular note taking, or in the case of the smaller book, carrying everywhere. The band system allows you to swap any of the books for whatever you actually want to use, and there's sufficient stretch and strength in the bands that you don't feel you're going to snap them while swapping things out. The only place to get the right size refills for the larger notebook in anything other than blank paper is still Midori, but the smaller notebook can take many different types of notebook (The small one in the images has Clairefontaine notebooks in it), and the quality of the leather and bands used in the product is at least equivalent to that used in Midori books, whilst being offered at a fraction of the cost.

Well recommended for those wanting something nice to write in that doesn't have the intimidation factor of a shiny new notebook.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GETI BEAUTY Empty Refillable Slim Perfume Glass Bottle with Silver Spray Top 1.7oz/50ml
Offered by BeautySupply

4.0 out of 5 stars For those tired of wearing their cologne all the way down their arms..., 19 Jun. 2015
Hands up all those men who do the age old method of putting a reservoir of cologne in your hands and then trying to slap it on to your face before it runs down all over your arms...?

Yeah, that was me too...

It's not often I put any form of cologne on, but when I do, I find that I'm either trying to tip the bottle up slightly to get a small amount out, only to find that halfway through the slight tip, the contents move and I find myself having a bath in the scent, so it's a fine line between not enough and saturated. Given how much cologne's cost these days, I thought it prudent to get something that won't end up in me using half a bottle every time. This is a good quality glass bottle, the mechanism works well, and I now don't use half the cologne I used to, which has improved things for the bank, and as I smell better in general, for me...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't remember my feet being so big..., 19 Jun. 2015
I've been after a good pair of assault boots for a while, difficult to get a pair that haven't seen too much service already or that are actually in the size that I need. The boots themselves are excellent, the sort you only get when you put a little something the quartermasters way to make sure you're the first on the list, and I'd certainly recommend them to anyone looking to get a quality pair of boots. Billed as a 12 large fitting, they do feel more like a 12 regular, but I'm still breaking them in, so it's nice to the chance to fit them to my feet.
Comment Comment | Permalink

King Cole 4324 Knitting Pattern Camper Van Cushion Covers to knit in King Cole Chunky
Offered by The Happy Knitter Wool Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't buy it for me, but..., 19 Jun. 2015
My wife has had a lot of use from it, by all accounts (and I have no frame of reference here, so bear with me), the pattern is easy to follow and has a section that points out variants on the pattern that can be used to customise it as you see fit. She was very pleased by it, and as a result, so am I.

Midori Traveler's Notebook refill (018) Diary Weekly by Midori
Midori Traveler's Notebook refill (018) Diary Weekly by Midori
Offered by Vivi Giappon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Reasonable Price, 19 Jun. 2015
Purchased as a refill for an XLYC version of the Midori because there aren't many refills for this size of notebook out there.

It's good quality paper, thin, feeling more like 60gsm, but unless you're using very wet fountain pens or sharpies, there's very little bleed through and it doesn't draw the ink out like many papers do, allowing you to make best use of the space. A little expensive for what you're getting, but there has to be the understanding that you're buying this because you've got a notebook of a certain size, and midori are aware they have cornered the market on the refills.

Overall good, will certainly buy again when this runs out.

Set Of 2 Large Black & White Checked Check Mate TV Dinner Melamine Wooden Bean Bag Padded Cushioned Lap Tray Laptop Dinner Serving
Offered by Get Goods

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 18 Jan. 2015
It's a simple set of Lap trays, a little larger than A3 size with a lip around the side to prevent minor spillages running straight off, certainly fit for purpose and a reasonable price.

World War Kaiju: The Cold War Years
World War Kaiju: The Cold War Years
by Josh Finney

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a fantastic book, well recommended, 18 Jan. 2015
An alternate world history where the events that ended the second world war weren't the dropping of the atomic bomb, but the dropping of a Kaiju on Japan, and all the events that followed. I first saw this book when it was in the crowdfunding stage and have kept an eye on it since, so when it came out to buy in mainstream, I bagged a copy. It's not a massive book, but the story is well told, from the start of it where a reporter is interviewing a high level military man on the first appearance of the Kaiju and what involvement the military had on it. The story switches between the action with the Kaiju and the explanations of the military and there's a fair degree of text in the book despite the main action sequences being done in the form of a graphic novel. I can't say much without a significant degree of spoilers, but for anyone who likes the monster stories of old, this is a fantastic book, well recommended. I would say that there is some bad language in the book, not a massive amount, but enough that parents considering buying this for children should probably read it first to make sure they're happy with their kids reading it.

Angels, Demons and Little Green Men: Volume 1 (Memoirs of an Alien)
Angels, Demons and Little Green Men: Volume 1 (Memoirs of an Alien)
by Robert G. Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars All the Hitch, none of the Hiking...., 15 Sept. 2014
It starts out as a straight forward job interview and quickly morphs into a galaxy spanning adventure in the vein of the Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy. It’s a fast moving book with a dry humour and a sparkling wit to it in alternating doses, the protagonist, Robert Fox, is a man given to not believing anything unless they have proof to show him, but when they show him what the truth actually is...

It’s an enjoyable read that I can’t say much about without giving away a good amount of one of the various plots that are going on within the book at any given point, I don’t think I caught all of it on the first pass and I’m certainly going back for a second.

Recommended...