Profile for Wendy > Reviews

Content by Wendy

Wendy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Residual Belligerence (Thieves' Guild: Book One)
Residual Belligerence (Thieves' Guild: Book One)

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 9 Aug. 2016
Despite all the excellent reviews, I found this book boring. It was difficult to get into, and I thought it was gibberish. Just not for me I'm afraid.

The Death of Amelia Marsh (Sally Nimitz Mysteries Book 1)
The Death of Amelia Marsh (Sally Nimitz Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good read, 1 Aug. 2016
Quite a good read, but needs editing/proof reading as there are several mistakes - a word missing from a sentence and grammar etc.

Also, when the main character was in England, she referred to driving a certain distance in kilometres, where I am of the opinion that we still use "miles".

It did drag on in places but on the whole it was entertaining.

Viking Hunter Full Saga
Viking Hunter Full Saga

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 31 July 2016
Disappointed in this story. When I downloaded this book, I was anticipating a great and long read. However, I was thoroughly confused from the first page. I persevered, but with so many strange names, and the sudden changes of scene, Well, I realised that, to be honest, I didn't have clue what I was reading about.

I don't think I even finished the first chapter, but it was pointless trying to read further as I just couldn't make any sense of it whatsoever .

Loose Screw: Dusty Deals Mystery Series: Book 1
Loose Screw: Dusty Deals Mystery Series: Book 1

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK read, 31 July 2016
Quite a entertaining story, though predictable in parts. Needs editing/proof reading.

The ALL SOULS Real-time Reading Companion
The ALL SOULS Real-time Reading Companion

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 July 2016
I don't know how this book achieved all those 5 star ratings, I'm sure. To me it was drivel and to be perfectly honest, I didn't know what it was supposed to be about.

High Pressure System: First Season Underground
High Pressure System: First Season Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read., 29 Jun. 2016
Just finished reading this and can't wait for the next one. I've seen it available on USA Amazon so I suppose we just have to wait for it to arrive here.

Fast paced and exciting. Lots of surprises too, just what you want from a good sic fi/fantasy novel Would recommend.

The Power of Ages:  From the Ashes
The Power of Ages: From the Ashes

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been good...........too many mistakes, 28 Jun. 2016
This could have been a great story, but it was so full of errors it was annoying. About 75% of the way through the book, it seemed to lose the plot, and I found I was turning the page when I hadn't really taken in what I'd read.

To start with, you could go from one sentence to the next and find that the story had moved on, but the information hadn't. Many times I had to backtrack and sort out what I was reading, because it didn't make sense. There should have been more separating chapters. The odd thing like explaining the main character was wearing jeans, the next minute he was glad of his leather pants! I must have missed him stopping to get changed!

Lots of grammar errors i.e. like what he said.........what??? Incorrect words, i.e. drug when it should have read dragged (a drug is a pharmaceutical item) brung when it should have read brought (brung??? that one really annoys me)

Oh yes, we are reading about wizards in a mythical land, but it's still full of "Americanisms" ...........gotten.........way to go ..etc.

These things spoiled the book for me. It needs a good editor/proofreader. I won't bother with the next books, they would be too irritating with all the mistakes.

Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles Book 1)
Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Fantasy Read, 24 Jun. 2016
Just loved this book! Very different to the usual fantasy stories that crop up on here, so it made a refreshing change to read something enjoyable.

Would recommend it definitely.

The Short Stories: Collection One
The Short Stories: Collection One

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Me, 22 Jun. 2016
Sorry, these stories are not for me. I didn't get through the first one, and I tried each story but couldn't get into them.

Alrin (The Alrin Series Book 1)
Alrin (The Alrin Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good read, 16 Jun. 2016
I enjoyed this book, but there were some errors that need editing out. The characters were strong and you can relate to them easily,

The only thing, in my opinion, was the ending. Without spoiling the story for others, all I will say that I was very disappointed and felt it needed a stronger ending. I was left confused and disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20