Profile for holula > Reviews

Will and Grace: Series 1 (Episodes 16-22) [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Eric McCormack
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars The best offering of season 1, 30 July 2002
The 3rd DVD to Season 1 of Will and Grace is the best of the lot. All the episodes are excellent, and the 3 that stand out are 'The Object of my Rejection' and the two with Will's brother. This DVD also gives Jack and Karen a chance to shine and fill their characters out. Sean Hayes especially shines in 'The Object of my Rejection', where Jack is forced to get married to Karen's maid. Overall, definitely worth buying and for new viewers a good introduction to the series.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, Episodes 1-12 (Collectors Edition) [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 30 Dec. 2001
I didn't watch Buffy until season 4. I caught an episode of the first season and I hated the show. For three years.
Buffy season 1 was nowhere near as good as seasons 2-6 (and yes, I have seen season 6 so far). But some of the episodes (Welcome to the Hellmouth, Propecy Girl and another I don't remember the name of) were much better then the rest of the season. The characters that were the 5 origianl characters (6 if you include Angel) are the best developed characters on the show now.

ER : The Complete Series Two [VHS] [1995]
ER : The Complete Series Two [VHS] [1995]
Offered by auczobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente, 17 Sept. 2001
I've written my s1 review, now it's time for the s2 one. S2 is one of the best seasons of ER ever. It has classic eps like "Welcome Back, Carter" and "Hell and High Water". The characters are developed more in this season, especially Carter. All I want now is s3 or DVDs...

The X Files: Season 2 [DVD] [1994]
The X Files: Season 2 [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in MY element..., 17 July 2001
Best thing I've ever bought! One of my fav seasons of The X-Files, as I think after the movie it goes downhill a bit. But to a non-xf fan it's better if you see all the eps in order - rather than seeing s2 first... so buy season 1 box set as well!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 5 (Box Set 1) [VHS] [1998]
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 5 (Box Set 1) [VHS] [1998]

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than season 4, 19 May 2001
Don't get me wrong, season 4 was good (it's the one that got me ADDICTED to buffy) but season 5 is much better. I think the main problem with s4 was that the Adam storyline was, for lack of a better word, boring. And there was too little Spike. But season 5 is just wow. There is a look into Spike's past (Fool for love) which is the best episode. Also someone leaves - which is the best part! And of course, Spike gets much more airtime after he realises his.. obsession with a certain slayer...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer : The Album
Buffy the Vampire Slayer : The Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Buffy, love the CD..., 12 May 2001
I borrowed this off my friend for a week about 2 months ago. Unfortunately I had to give it back, which meant going to go and buy it myself. But it was worth the money I spent on it. There is only one song that I don't like on this album, and for me that's really good becasue I don't like a lot of music. My favourite song would have to be either Lucky or Teenage FBI, followed by Virgin State of Mind. Tamptation Waits is good to, but since I own the Garbage album already it's not one of my favs on the soundtrack.

Immortal (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Immortal (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
by Nancy Holder
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 11 May 2001
I love this book! It's the best Buffy book I've read after The Gate Keeper Trilogy (note: go read them!). Some parts were slightly less interesting, but mainly it was brilliant. Anyway, go read the book! I'd reccommmend it to anyone who likes Buffy.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 2 [DVD] [1998]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 2 [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
Offered by Rapid-DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy!, 7 May 2001
IMHO, Season 2 was the best season Buffy has ever produced. The new characters, some major, some minor, are brilliant! I think that if you miss season 2 then the rest of the seasons will be a mystery as they keep mentioning things (belive me, I went through this). If there is one DVD that you buy this year make it this one. Oh yeah, and Spike rules!

The X Files: Season 1 [DVD] [1994]
The X Files: Season 1 [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, 28 Jan. 2001
Wow - that's all I can say for this set. I wasn't a fan of the show in the beginning, and consequently haven't seena the early episodes! But the DVD's were great for catching up. I love all the first season - I think that it's one of the best. So I'd advise any x-phile to go out and buy it - it's my best purchase.

Angel - Season 1 (Box Set 2) [VHS] [2000]
Angel - Season 1 (Box Set 2) [VHS] [2000]
Offered by Zandoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Buffy!, 13 Dec. 2000
I started to watch Buffy cos I was bored one Friday night almost a year ago. I became hooked instantly. Then Angel was on. At first I found this series to be a bit boring, but after about the first 3 apisodes i became obsessed. I LVOE ANGEL!!! The second half of the series is better than the first and I give it 5 stars, as it's the third best show on tv.

Page: 1 | 2