Profile for D. R. White > Reviews

Content by D. R. White

D. R. White "David White" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Still Spins the Spider of Rennes-le-Chateau (Keys of Antiquity)
Still Spins the Spider of Rennes-le-Chateau (Keys of Antiquity)
by Bill Kersey

1.0 out of 5 stars Living off the back of lies, 6 Sept. 2016
Nothing this author writes should be taken seriously. He was either fooled by the hoax created by "Ben Hammott" or used it for his own ends. That leaves 2 logical conclusions
1. The man is a fool - judging by his appearance in Key to the Sacred Pattern as Mr A that could well be true
2. He's a liar

The Keys of Antiquity and the Ancient Cipher
The Keys of Antiquity and the Ancient Cipher
by Bill Kersey

1.0 out of 5 stars Until this author owns up to the part he played ..., 9 May 2016
Until this author owns up to the part he played in the "Ben Hammott" hoax, which he conveniently ignores, nothing he writes can be taken seriously

Mens Military Army Combat Recon Hoodie US British Fleece Hoodies Sweat Shirt Zip Jacket Smock New (Large = Chest 42 - 44 inch, Olive Green)
Offered by AAAz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The negative reviews did concern me somewhat but so far ..., 4 April 2016
The negative reviews did concern me somewhat but so far it I'm impressed. I'm 5'8 but fairly broad shouldered and a large fits me perfectly. Very warm and well made

British Army Viking Patrol Assault Pack Rucksack Molle Travel Bag 60L Green
British Army Viking Patrol Assault Pack Rucksack Molle Travel Bag 60L Green
Offered by MilitaryOps Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 April 2016
Excellent bit of kit for the money

Jays a-Jays T00073 Two Heavy bass Earphones - Black
Jays a-Jays T00073 Two Heavy bass Earphones - Black
Offered by total digital stores

1.0 out of 5 stars Absoulute garbage, 19 Feb. 2015
I can't express how much I hate these headphones. Despite multiple sized buds not one of them stays in my ear. I have no idea what drugs they were on when they designed the jack but it must have dropped IQs significantly. Unless someone said "I know let's put a jack on that will be pulled out with the slightest pressure just to wind the idiots up". The sound quality is no better than the free HTC pair I got with my M8 and believe me they can get tangled. Do yourself a favour and get something else

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
by Tommy Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars A top top read, 15 Mar. 2013
I was recommended this book many years ago by a now sadly departed friend. I never bothered to follow it up until quite recently being no fan of the band in any shape or form but you do not have to be. This is just an excellent book written from the heart by the people that were there. Yes it's full of debauched tales as you would expect but it also lays bare the soul of 4 misfit man-boys and done in such a matter of fact way. There were parts where I was disgusted at their behaviour, parts where I burst out laughing (Mick believing he was dead) and parts where I had to just put it down before I started to cry. I had no hesitation about giving it to my wife to read and she was of the same opinion and loved it from cover to cover.
I think the film of the book is due to be released this year. I can only hope it lives up to this excellent book.

Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Sex Lives of the Stars
Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Sex Lives of the Stars
by Lionel Friedberg

3.0 out of 5 stars True? Probably, 15 Mar. 2013
Though it seems quite unbelievable all the stories can be confirmed in someway with existing rumours, although of course that could still mean his story is fabricated. But Gore Vidal spoke out before his death to confirm that every story was indeed true. It is a strange book and one does wonder if he did do nearly everything for "alturistic" purposes as he claims. From most other perspectives it would appear that here was a sexually abused child that grew up into a damaged person but "Scotty" appears happy enough with his life although I dare say his poor first wife Betty might not say the same. I found it odd that he made pains to point out many times that he was not gay but seemed to spend the whole book having sex with (famous) men. I did start to wonder is every actor gay? Probably the best idea would be to assume they are until proven otherwise ;)
It got to the point where it became quite repetitive and some stories were just plain not nice, like the Charles Laughton anecdotes. Maybe I'm a bit square but that fair turned my stomach.
If you have idealistic views of a fairy (no pun intended) tale Hollywood, read it and have your illusions shattered.
God only knows what goes on today!

Bloodline [2008] [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Bloodline [2008] [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

2.0 out of 5 stars Contrived and based on a fake discovery, 21 Aug. 2012
Sorry to do this to you Bruce but when I first watched I was quite intrigued although felt that the whole thing was very contrived and earnest - all those late night shots of Bruce, hair dishevelled and rubbing his face with angst (that Lichfield bit, you tend to believe he was just informed of his death - rubbish).
I still found it quite interesting despite it being full of supposition but then it all fell down when the main basis of the film - Ben Hammott's tomb/bottles/messages/box was later found to be faked by Hammott. Without the hoaxer Hammott the film is only 20 mins long.
It remains to be seen if Bruce was just really gullible or had an inclination of what was going on but saw the entertainment value of the film and ignored it. However I'd imagine Bruce wouldn't do a similar film if it concerned Islam, would you Bruce?

Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar by Ben Hammott: 100 year old clues left by a French priest 100 years ago, lead to an amazing discovery.
by Mr Ben Hammott

1.0 out of 5 stars Faked, 21 Aug. 2012
The author was cornered and confessed to faking the bottles, the messages, the tomb (one was a scale model and one was a set in a warehouse in the home counties somewhere - hence the anomalies) and the box in a grotto that has been dug over many, many times (I've been there)
He only confessed after his plot to fake an Ark of the Covenant also in the Aude region was exposed. He also faked a Loch Ness monster film about 6 months before he claimed to have discovered his tomb. It's all a con people, this whole book...make of it what you will as to motive, money, ego, sociopathic behavior? who knows.
I'd recommend to anyone to visit the area. You don't need fake tombs to discover there is magic there. But please don't be an a-hole looking for a human being to attach themselves to.
1 star for being a book of lies
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 12:35 PM GMT

Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar Sample chapters
Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar Sample chapters

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a hoax, I'm afraid, 24 May 2012
before reading this you should understand that the author has since confessed to faking the tomb, the bottles, the messages, the box - practically everything
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2012 11:51 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2