Profile for selfhelp journey guy > Reviews

Content by selfhelp journ...

selfhelp journey guy (Dublin, Ireland)

The Mood Cure
The Mood Cure
by Julia Ross

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but could be better on omega 3 advice, 30 July 2009
This review is from: The Mood Cure (Paperback)
This book has helped me lots with my depression and I can safely say that because of the book I have come off antidepressants. SO many thanks to the author for putting the information about vitamins and amino acids (in particular) out there. Having moved on from the book and reading other natural ways to deal with depression and while still taking my aminos of course, I now look back and wonder why the omega 3 section in the book is not further clarified regarding the balance of EPA and DHA. Taking omega 3 on its own did not improve me or my depression (which I have had for 20 years) but pure EPA made a big difference. There is good books and research written on the use of EPA to treat depression but I won't name them here while you are reviewing this book. SO buy this book but don't expect it to be the end of your quest for a cure - it sure can get you closer though.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 8:39 PM BST

The Natural Way to Beat Depression: The groundbreaking discovery of EPA to successfully conquer depression
by Basant Puri

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, worked for me., 30 July 2009
I came across the book in my local library and while I had heard of the benefit of omega 3 for depression brain function through the media I hadn't realised that it is actually the EPA part of omega 3 that gives this benefical effect. So taking omega 3 on its own hadn't helped me at all and I had taken quite a lot of it. However when I took the advice to for a pure EPA product I very quickly made good improvement and continue to do so. I am 6 weeks into the new EPA regime. I recommend the book whole heartedly as while EPA may not work for everyone going by other reviews it is not difficult or expensive to try . I have had depression for 20 years and tried every thing. Now I am looking foward again and excited about a future.