Profile for Carl Hall > Reviews

Content by Carl Hall

Carl Hall (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon DCC-1570 Leather Soft Case for SX700
Canon DCC-1570 Leather Soft Case for SX700

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want a slim fitting case that doesn't add too much bulk then you should like this case, 13 Jan. 2016
I got exactly what I expected here, and depending what you want from a camera case will depend on your view of this case. If you want a slim fitting case that doesn't add too much bulk then you should like this case. It is high quality and fits the camera and protects it should you drop it. There isn't a belt loop as there was on a previous case I had for my Canon SX240HS, and there isn't a strap for it, because there is already a wrist strap on the camera which I use. So overall for me, it is just what I wanted, a tough slimline case to protect the camera without any additional frills. Suits me! Gave it 4 stars, because I did occasionally use the belt loop option and I can't see why Canon haven't included it this time around.

GUITAR STRING WINDER GOOD QUALITY with FREE POSTAGE by ROBERTS
GUITAR STRING WINDER GOOD QUALITY with FREE POSTAGE by ROBERTS

5.0 out of 5 stars works for me, 10 Aug. 2015
Simple product, does what it says on the tin

Mind Games Pro
Mind Games Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain training, 7 April 2015
This review is from: Mind Games Pro (App)
Not sure if this is making me any more clever, but certainly it is a very enjoyable game. An easy way to spend a few minutes.

Nillkin High Quality Super Shield Shell Hard Skin Back Case Cover for LG G2 D802 - Black
Offered by DOLEXTECH

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a nice quality product, 26 Feb. 2015
It is a nice quality product, fits my LG G2 very well and does what I want it to do. Nice textured finish on the back and the free included screen protector was an unexpected bonus, screen protector went on fine without bubbles. Would buy this product again.

Why not 5 stars, well it doesn't protect the corners quite as well as I'd like, inevitably this kind of shell clips around the corners and misses a bit of corner, this shell perhaps a bit more than most....but still way better than no protection.

Panasonic DVD RECORDER Remote Control N2QAYB000332
Panasonic DVD RECORDER Remote Control N2QAYB000332
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 24 Feb. 2015
We've had our DVD recorder for a few years now and it is fine, apart from not responding to the remote. We just assumed it was irreplaceable but I happened across this advert for an identical remote, and I'm so glad I did. The remote is a Panasonic original, identical to our remote, just unwrap it, put in some batteries and it works. Brilliant. Now using our DVD recorder is so much easier to use again, not more multiple presses of buttons to make it work. Very happy.

ORZLY® Screen Protectors for Tesco Hudl 2 Tablet - TRIPLE PACK of Transparent Screen Guards - 3-in-1 Screen Protector Multi-Pack from ORZLY designed for use with 8.3 inch Hudl Tablet (Tesco's new 8.3" Tablet - Released in 2014)
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Good screen protector, no bubbles!, 14 Jan. 2015
I ordered these screen protectors, as I tried the Tesco own brand one's first, and they didn't work. But I'll come onto that.

In terms of this product, there's not a lot you can say. They are perfectly tailored to fit my HUDL 2, the application process was easy, I lined the protector up first time and it has gone on without any bubbles, now it is there you don't even notice it. Hopefully it will last a good long time, but with a pack of 3, I've got another couple in reserve.

However, one thing to note is the HUDL screen sensitivity, with the screen protector on the screen isn't very responsive. When I first put the Tesco one's on, I assumed it was the protector at fault and returned them and got my money back. But the ORZLY one's are the same, which leads me to conclude that the HUDL is at fault not the screen protectors. Some internet searching has confirmed this, and apparently screen sensitivity varies from unit to unit. What I did was download SGS Touchscreen Booster from the Google Play store, and this does seem to have largely sorted the problem. That said, we will have to wait and see.

So in summary, if your screen becomes unresponsive after applying the screen protector, don't blame the protector it is likely the HUDL 2. I've rated the screen protectors as 5 star, as they do exactly what they say on the tin!

Assassin's Creed Unity (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PC DVD)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!, 12 Jan. 2015
I was very nervous about this game having read the horrendous reviews it got when it was first released. I got this game as a Christmas present, and having installed it and downloaded the latest patch, I have to say the game has run almost without fault for me. The only annoying thing it does, is every time I play it, after about 10 minutes it minimises itself into the taskbar, usually at a critical point. But that's about the only negative thing technically. Overall I have to say this is my favourite AC game since Ezio and Altair.

I was no great fan of AC3 and I haven't even finished AC4, partly because I am not such a great fan of the naval battles, I know a lot of people are, but it just doesn't do it for me. I much prefer the land-based stealth, climbing buildings and such-like in the earlier AC games.

I am lucky enough to have a well specced PC to play this game on (Core i7 4770k, 16gb ram, GTX780) and it looks absolutely stunning running in Ultra settings. The facial animation is the best I have ever seen in a game and the scenery is amazing, although scenery in many games has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years.

The actual gameplay mechanic has been messed around with a bit, but I do find in the main that the free-running is better, although that hasn't stopped me accidentally jumping off tall buildings and dying....and mastering the new controls for fighting is ok, but a bit complex. But if Ubisoft left everything the same perhaps it would just get boring. It looks like the game will take quite a while to complete too, loads of side missions and collectables if that is your thing.

So my summary is, if you like the early games in the AC series, then you will probably like Unity. You will need a decent PC for the game to look stunning and I haven't had any of the technical glitches mentioned in all the 1 star reviews. And it looks like we're all going to get free "Dead Kings" DLC too, which will hopefully extend the life of the game.

I love it!

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag [PC Download]
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag [PC Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable game, 2 Oct. 2014
Played quite a few hours and it is definitely better than AC3. Enjoying the game and PC graphics are really good.

SanDisk SDSDU-008G-U46 8 GB Ultra 30 MB/s Class 10 SD Memory Card (Label May Change)
Offered by Alivo

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk SDHC card, 8GB, 9 Sept. 2013
I am using this in my Canon SX240HS compact camera. I wanted a class 10 card to ensure that the card was quick enough to use the burst mode on the camera, and it certainly is. I can't comment on longevity as I have only had the card a month or so, but so far so good. Used with my Hama external card reader, images and video's transfer quickly onto the PC via USB. All in all, happy with this product

CPO 2M DVI Cable, DVI-D 24+1 Pin Full Dual Link Monitor Lead - Black and Blue
CPO 2M DVI Cable, DVI-D 24+1 Pin Full Dual Link Monitor Lead - Black and Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars 2M DVI-D Monitor Cable, 9 Sept. 2013
There isn't much to say really - the cable arrived well packaged and worked exactly as expected. The picture is clear as a bell using my Viewsonic monitor and the cable looks built to last. The product was a bit slow to be delivered though (took 7 days).

Page: 1 | 2