Profile for fatemeh > Reviews

Content by fatemeh

fatemeh (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 110% natural washing product made of saponified olive oil, 19 April 2013
This was one of the first products I bought when I decided to go to as much chemical free as I could in the beauty and care products I use. This soap is made from unrefined olive oil (saponified), water and mineral salts in Chania, Crete. As you can expect from these basic ingredients used it doesn't foam much and doesn't smell fancy but gives you this wonderful feeling of using a natural, simple product that does its job. It is vegetarian, biodegradable and not tested on animals.
I used it for the body and have not tried it on my hair as yet. I have no skin issues so cannot comment whether it is beneficial for problematic skin prone to allergies for instance.
This soap lasts absolute ages so very good value for the money paid.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 8:01 AM BST

No Title Available

This soap lasts absolute ages so very good value for the money paid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2014 11:27 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent base product for those wanting to switch to natural beauty regime, 5 Jan. 2013
Let's start with some basic info missing from the product description.

List of ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), helianthus annuus (sunflower oil), cera alba (beeswax), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil).

This product is Soil Association Certified Organic.

Directions for use: Soften a small amount between your fingers and apply wherever skin needs moisture such as cheeks, lips, neck, hands, arms, legs and feet. Customize the flavour by microwaving for 60 seconds or until melted through. Then add a drop of your favourite essential oil or food flavouring. Stir with the end of a teaspoon. Put lid back on and place in the fridge to harden.

Suitable for all skin types but will be most beneficial for dry skin and dry and/or sensitive areas of the body (elbows, feet, lips, hands etc.).

I bought this product amongst other organic and/or natural cosmetics directly from The Organic BodyCare Shop a couple of months ago with some initial reluctance. I had no doubt this will be a good quality balm but my reluctance was due to the product being made of oily ingredients and me having a mixed type of skin. I have initially used it as a part of my morning and evening beauty routine but stopped as my face was too oily afterwards. I have switched to use it on dry areas of my body and on hands/feet after manicure and pedicure with very good effects. I have also applied it on my face and neck regularly after swimming when my skin was dried out and absorbed the product almost immediately with brilliant results. One of the reviewers on Amazon.com commented on the "rancid" smell. For someone switching from chemical based mass products to natural products the "smell" of this product may turn out to be rancid but don't forget this is a 100% natural product! It is important to note the advertised shelf life after opening is only 6 months, you should stick to it. Those who prefer nice smelling products should go for the Balm Balm Rose Geranium Face Balm or the Balm Balm Tea Tree Face Balm instead.

I would personally recommend this product as a non-expensive way to try an organic and natural oil based balm, as you can always use it for your elbows or feet if it is not suitable for your face. I would also advise it for those who do not like perfumed or intensely smelling products. A lot of organic products use natural oils, use the Balm Balm Face Balm to check if they are convenient for you. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and intense, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Majaz (MP3 Download)
I bought this CD after seeing the Trio Joubran live performance at the Band on the Wall in Manchester in 2011. If I were to recall musical moments where I was deeply moved and emotionally engaged this would have been one of those moments where I forgot for an hour where I was and was completely taken by the music.

The oud, one of the world's oldest string instruments is very much associated with Arabic music and was the precursor of the European lute and, by extension, the guitar.

I am not new to oud music and I have thoroughly enjoyed the likes of Farid El Atrache, Munir Bashir or Charbel Rouhana but came to a point where I started to look for new musical excitements. Le Trio Joubran are so different and the fact they are performing as a trio add an extra dimension to their music. It catches you and overwhelms with emotions. It is a slow musical build, intensifying with every minute. The addition of a percussionist on this album is a great idea. Youssef Hbeisch is a gifted musician who collaborated, amongst others, with Ahmed Khatib, Simon Shaheen, Suliman Erguner and The Peace Ensemble with Sister Marie Keyrouz.

This albums features their own compositions except the traditional song Min Zaman.

Offered by Japan-Select

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and intense, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Majaz (Audio CD)

Majaz - Le Trio Joubran
Majaz - Le Trio Joubran

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and intense, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Majaz - Le Trio Joubran (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought this product following the positive reviews on Amazon, as I was looking for a cheap but reliable replacement for my mercury thermometer. Worked fine, despatched quickly. Well recommended Omron product.

Omron Eco Temp Basic Thermometer
Omron Eco Temp Basic Thermometer
Offered by BestBuyUk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Jan. 2013

Akamuti Organic Cocoa Butter 240g
Akamuti Organic Cocoa Butter 240g
Offered by Akamuti

5.0 out of 5 stars Subjective appraisal of a devoted fan, 1 Jan. 2013
I will start off with some basic information about this product.

Ingredients: Organic Virgin Cold Pressed Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), suitable for vegans.

Directions for use: Although hard at room temperature, cocoa butter melts quickly at body temperature, so try using it as a massage bar straight on to warm skin. Alternatively melt over a low heat & use as a rich body oil.

Please note: this product is not officially approved by any known organic standard association. Akamuti guarantees its organic provenance but we, customers, have to take its word for it on this occasion.

I love it, it is one of my top five natural body care products hence the subjective appraisal! Smells gorgeous if you fancy its nutty-chocolatey smell and moisturises body wonderfully. I apply it all over my body, face and neck included. As I have mixed skin I limit the amount on oily areas and apply generously on dry areas. I have used it in its melted, oily version as well as un-melted, warmed in my hands after a hot bath. This product will last a long time and is worth every penny spent.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent base product for those wanting to switch to natural beauty regime, 1 Jan. 2013
Let's start with some basic info missing from the product description.

This product is Soil Association Certified Organic.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12