Profile for fatemeh > Reviews

Content by fatemeh

fatemeh (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Black Padded Case for Panasonic HC-V210 HC-V130EB-K HC-V250EB HC-V550CT HC-V750EB-K HC-W850EB-K & Sony HDR-GW77E HDR-GW77VE DCR-SX22E HDR-PJ810E HDR-PJ530E HDR-PJ330E HDR-PJ240E HDR-CX240E & SAMSUNG HMX-F90WP 5MP HD Camcorder HMX-QF30WP 5.1MP HD Camcorder JVC GZ-E305AEK GZ-E105BEK GZ-E105REK.
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality camera bag with much more space than expected, 19 April 2015
Ordered it last minute before my trip because of the guaranteed one day delivery and wasn't disappointed. It is indeed much larger than expected but to me it was a plus. There was plenty of space for my camcorder, a small digital camera and spare memory cards. It also helped when small additional items (tissues, pen etc.) had to be tucked in every now and then.
The case looks very sturdy and seems to me it will last a while.

Eastpak Unisex Adult Benchmark 1 Bag Sunday Grey EK372363
Eastpak Unisex Adult Benchmark 1 Bag Sunday Grey EK372363

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent complement to my Eastpak bagpack, 2 Jan. 2015
I am a fan of Eastpak products because of their durability, simple design and availability of my favourite colours. This item was bought to complement my bagpacks and store a couple of small items (tissues, pen, mp3 player, chewing gums etc.) and so is regularly moved, taken in and out and is, generally speaking, "mistreated". Unsurprisingly, it is still in perfect shape. My main concern was, as it is the case with pencil cases/purses, the quality of the zip, but Eastpak doesn't disappoint.
Check the item's measurements before shopping, to avoid any unpleasant surprises: the item may seem small, depending on your expectations and intended use. I found it perfect as a small items' storage.
The grey colour is much nicer in reality than on the stock photo, much brighter.

YAMAMOTOYAMA Genmai Cha Brown Rice Tea 200 g
YAMAMOTOYAMA Genmai Cha Brown Rice Tea 200 g
Offered by Natural world

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 15 Feb. 2014
I picked up this product as I was looking for value for money in the first place. One of the reviewers on Amazon.com pointed out the low quality of the product and I agree this is not the best I saw/drank. The leaves seem a bit rough chopped and there is definitely less 'popcorn' rice than in the product I bought previously in a speciality tea shop. The rice gives the tea its unique flavour.
As with any speciality product however, it is important to follow some preparation steps. These include: the temperature of the water (not boiling), the dosage (no more tea than required, one teaspoon per teacup) to avoid bitter flavour, abd the infusion time (up to 3 minutes and no more than 3 times), and the type of teapot used (ideally glass or iron cast teapot in my opinion). Once the steps are followed the outcome is a nice cup of green tea.

Coffee Direct Barista Reserve Coffee Beans 454 g
Coffee Direct Barista Reserve Coffee Beans 454 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Direct Barista Reserve (Beans), 15 Feb. 2014
I have bought this coffee from Amazon Warehouse Deals for a good price. I was positively surprised the due date was a month ahead giving me a reasonable time to consume the product and a first good experience in buying a food product described as one with a short due by date by Amazon.

Now the review... I am not a coffee aficionado, more an addict who needs a morning fix on its way to work every morning! I much more prefer Arabica then Robusta and judging by the dark brown colour of the beans after grinding this is either a mix of coffees with a Robusta dominant or a Robusta. I find the flavour to be a bit to sharp for my liking without any distinct tones when compared to other strong coffees I occasionally enjoy, such as the Java from Sumatra for instance. I tend to mix it with milder coffees for a more milder flavour (South American or Lavazza Quality Rossa). It is more a morning or after (hearty) dinner coffee than an all-day coffee in my opinion.

Faith in Nature Grapefruit & Orange Foam Bath shower gel 400ml
Faith in Nature Grapefruit & Orange Foam Bath shower gel 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from Faith in Nature, 28 Aug. 2013
I have used the Faith in Nature product as a more natural replacement to the chemically loaded Body Shop and Yves Rocher products. I try to follow the simple rule: if you are able to read the names of the ingredients used, then you can't be wrong!
The Grapefruit and Orange Foam Bath Shower Gel smells lovely and if used on a sponge or loofah will last for a reasonable amount of time, especially if bought in the 400ml version. It foams enough and offers a lovely, revitalising smell of citruses.
I sued it regularly after my swimming session to get rid of the 'chlorine-type' of smell and this was an excellent choice.

Lectures macabres : Histoires à ne pas vivre la nuit
Lectures macabres : Histoires à ne pas vivre la nuit
by Trillo
Edition: Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Little masterpiece of dark humour, 28 Aug. 2013
In the States Eduardo Risso is probably best known for his work with writer Brian Azzarello on 100 Bullets, in Argentina and Europe on the other hand he is mainly praised for his collaborations with Ricardo Barreiro and Carlos Trillo. Carlos Trillo, who died in 2011, was an Argentine comic book writer and is probably best known for his collaboration with with Carlos Meglia on Cybersix in 1992. For those not very much into the grahic novels these names and titles won't say much but they are definitely worth a try.
The Lectures Macabres is a French language version of what is known in the States and the English speaking world as the Eduardo Risso's Tales Terror and covers the following stories (the titles, if used, are from the Heavy Metal issues)

1 Indecision (published in Heavy Metal 03/98)
2 A mother teaches her retarded son to be a killer - Une mère fait de son fils attardé un assassin
3 The Mazes - Les Labyrinthes
4 Beauty & the Beast revisited - La Belle & la Bête revisitées
5 Incompatible (published Heavy Metal 08/98)
6 The Swamp Monster Strikes Again (published Heavy Metal 03/2001)
7 The tragic secret of an assassin named "Terrible Joe" - Le tragique secret d'un assassin nommé "Joe le Terrible"

Each of these short horror stories is written by Carlos Trillo and illustrated in black and white by Risso. The stories are bizarre rather than scary and each brings an unexpected end. Both authors thrived elsewhere but you can tell they were probably having fun crafting those. The crafty black and white art by Rizzo is in perfect symbiosis with the stories, they are vibrant, fluid, funny and thanks to Risso full of psychological twists.

Well recommended although to a limited French speaking public.

Kahuna Ladies Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Tan PU Cuff Strap KLS-0259L

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed with quality - look for leather strap when purchasing Kahuna watches!, 28 May 2013
I agree with many of other reviewers. The design as it is often the case with Kahuna watches is a definite bonus, hence two stars. A delicate white elliptical thread sewn through the light beige strap with two darker brown flowers (visible on the photo). A very traditional analogue dial will definitely reflect light meaning checking time during sunny weather or in very light conditions will be tricky for some.
The big disappointment comes with the quality of the plastic strap or as some pointed out before me, the lack of it. I had to return the first watch I ordered as one of the straps keeping together the 2 layers of plastic strap was sticking by a thread (literally). After a no-thrills Amazon exchange procedure, I received a new watch which I wore occasionally for a period of a month. I have a very small wrist and the two layered strap didn't feel comfortable at all. I also noticed cracks where the fastener goes through the hole, so I carry on wearing it occasionally to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Luckily, it hasn't lost time!
Next time, I will go for a leather strap when buying my favourite Kahunas.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 110% natural washing product made of saponified olive oil, 19 April 2013
This was one of the first products I bought when I decided to go to as much chemical free as I could in the beauty and care products I use. This soap is made from unrefined olive oil (saponified), water and mineral salts in Chania, Crete. As you can expect from these basic ingredients used it doesn't foam much and doesn't smell fancy but gives you this wonderful feeling of using a natural, simple product that does its job. It is vegetarian, biodegradable and not tested on animals.
I used it for the body and have not tried it on my hair as yet. I have no skin issues so cannot comment whether it is beneficial for problematic skin prone to allergies for instance.

THREE PACKS of Oliva Olive Oil Soap 125g