Profile for Kathleen Kelly > Reviews

Content by Kathleen Kelly

Kathleen Kelly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Women's Hooded Packable Ultra Light Down Coat NLM(Sapphire Blue,Medium)
Women's Hooded Packable Ultra Light Down Coat NLM(Sapphire Blue,Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 23 July 2016
I love this thing! Packs up so small, it's surprisingly warm and reasonably wind proof. The hood is an excellent feature. Will probably buy another colour next winter!

Derwent Graphik Line Painter Coloured Pens - Set of 20
Derwent Graphik Line Painter Coloured Pens - Set of 20
Offered by bargainartistshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Terrible Quality!, 23 July 2016
These are terrible! I'm an illustrator and I use Posca pens a lot so when I stumbled on these I thought they were comparable. They were really nice for about the first day, now they are all dried up or when you try to get ink out following the instructions, loads of it just falls out and the nib is dry again. I don't know if anyone a Derwent has actually used these but it really doesn't seem like it! In addition, where I have managed to get the ink to come out, it cracks when it dries so it looks terrible - see my photo attached and note that only the mint colour ink is from these pens. Really glad I didn't buy the whole set!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pillow Duo - 2 Way Pillow - Supplied in assorted colours
Pillow Duo - 2 Way Pillow - Supplied in assorted colours
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

5.0 out of 5 stars I always hated those inflatable neck pillows every time I tried to ..., 5 Nov. 2015
I always hated those inflatable neck pillows every time I tried to use one because of the way your head bounces around but I LOVE this. Bought it when facing a very long haul trip (34 hours) and was attracted by the way it converts into a rectangular pillow and the soft fabric. It was great on the trip and I will use it from now on. Easy to convert and so handy to have the rectangular pillow as you can use it to prop up your arm on the (window seat) arm rest and use the airline supplied pillow for your head. I was able to slip a carabiner through the tag and hang it off my bag so it wasn't annoying to travel with an extra item. Getting one for my husband for our next trip. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - Dye goes everywhere!!, 21 Mar. 2015
Very comfy so I thought it was great until I used it, the very little sweat produced while sleeping in it wearing it caused the dye from the fabric to go all over the pillow and duvet, and then onto some papers on the bedside table where I put it down. Very embarrassing as I was staying with relatives and ruined their bedding.

Status Atlanta 4-Slice Toaster, 1300 W, White
Status Atlanta 4-Slice Toaster, 1300 W, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Tan lines., 21 Mar. 2015
Great if you like a piece of toast that's only half toasted. You get what you pay for and this has gone in the bin!

Kipling Sport Duffel July Bag 21 liters Multicolour (Tropic Flower) K15374A54
Kipling Sport Duffel July Bag 21 liters Multicolour (Tropic Flower) K15374A54

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great carry-on, 21 Mar. 2015
I've been searching for a great carry-on/day bag for a long time. Nothing fit all my wants and I've gone through several frustratingly not quite right bags - until I found this! I wanted a bag to fit my 15" macbook with easy access to pull it out at airport security, this works really great. I love that you can sit with the bag on your lap and easily see all the contents, no need to pull everything out on the terminal floor! The slip at the back that goes over a suitcase handle is another feature that makes it a great carry on. I also really value the inner zip pocket so you can secure your wallet - though this pocket could be a little larger to fit passport etc. The key clip inside is another great feature. The shoulder straps are the perfect length to comfortable carry and the cross body strap is great for a more secure or longer distance carry. Lastly the lining of the bag is a light grey colour - as opposed to most bags which have a black lining, with this colour you can actually see the contents of your bag!

The only drawback about this bag for me was that it isn't very structured, ie - it doesn't stand up on it's own when empty. I was able to quickly solve this by inserting a foam bag insert from an old camera bag, this also adds compartments and really makes the bag complete, for me.

The overall quality of the bag is great, it's very well made, the zips are high quality so should last a long time.

Really happy with this and ready to take it across the world!

600mm x 50M Heavy Duty Brown Kraft Wrapping Paper Roll 90gsm - 50 METRES
600mm x 50M Heavy Duty Brown Kraft Wrapping Paper Roll 90gsm - 50 METRES
Offered by PolyPostalBags

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Advertised, 28 Jan. 2015
The product is not at all what I was expecting and not as advertised. It's nothing like the photo, which is obviously just a stock photo of a roll of brown paper. I have ordered many rolls of brown paper online before and I've never seen anything like this. I wish I had gone with my usual supplier.

The "roll" has no core, it's just been taken off a larger roll. Consequently it is not very robust, which is what you need in a packing environment as it gets manhandled all day long. I can see it just being crushed and ruined, or as you get further into the roll it would unravel.

If you just want this for your garden beds then fine but it really isn't suitable for much else. I would return it but it's not worth the time for this price, just wish I hadn't wasted my time on it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2017 6:31 PM BST

Our Girl - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
Our Girl - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Lacey Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars You had me at "Cock-wombles", 22 Oct. 2014
I started watching this with trepidation as I thought it could be a bit of an army propaganda piece, but as I'd been searching for a new drama to watch I gave it a go. I needn't have worried, Molly Dawes quickly endeared herself to viewers, you couldn't help but feel for her standing alone with all her kit at Brize Norton.

The drama develops quickly and it's wonderful watching Molly find her feet and prove herself. The romance is skillfully written with the right amount of tension. The banter between the soldiers is most amusing, especially the use of cockwombles at the start.

Lacey Turner and Ben Aldrige are brilliant in this, Aldridge's acting is outstanding and his ability to deliver mood and emotion without speaking is truly compelling. I hope we see him play some equally complex characters in the future. The chemistry between Dawes and Captain James was so fantastic, the way they gaze at each other without saying what you know they are thinking, it's brilliantly done. Kudos goes to the editors for that too.

It seems like this program was probably heavily approved by the British Army but it's not particularly slanted to right or wrong, the story shines far beyond this and they get on with the job. Also some dubious Nespresso product placement - not sure how they got away with that on the BBC.

I read some critics of the series were disappointed that a woman in the army was portrayed as weak, weepy and distracted by romance, I think these criticisms are lazy and I do wonder if they watched the entire series. Our girl Molly is a wonderfully complex and from start to finish, strong character. Certainly a great role model.

All in all a great series and I have to admit I went back and watched it a second time after it finished, glad I did because I noticed a lot of nuances I'd missed the first time around. I can see I will return to it again as it's really stuck with me.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2016 5:14 PM BST

Antler Suitcase Juno 79 cm 110 Liters White 3490100022
Antler Suitcase Juno 79 cm 110 Liters White 3490100022

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, graceful functionality., 11 Oct. 2014
The design of this suitcase it really beautiful. After using it on it's first trip, to Australia and back, I haven't been able to put it away, it just sits in my hallway because it's so nice to look at.

A breeze to use. I wheeled it a few miles through the streets of Sydney and it was fine on all terrains. In the airport it glides along the smooth floor so beautifully it feels like a graceful ice skater. A nice flat surface on top to rest your carry-on as you are walking around. Shell is tough but flexible, not so rigid it would break on impact. A few scuffs from the luggage belt were easily wiped off and it's back to it's as new glory.

After owning this case I would never go back to a two wheeler. My favourite suitcase I've ever owned.

Car Mount Holder Universal Windshield Car Phone Cradle for Apple iPhone 7 7 Plus 6 Plus 6s 5s 5c 5 4s 4, Nexus 5X, HTC M9, Other Smartphones - IBRA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 20 Sept. 2014
For £8.95 this is a totally bargain! Very good quality for the price. The design is flexible so it can fit large and small phones, we've used it with an iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy and a Nexus 5.

We use it to hold our phones when driving and using the phone for navigation. It's really easy to use and it hasn't fallen off while in use so far. The quick release is great, makes it easy to put in take out when you're getting in and out of the car.

An added bonus which we didn't think of when purchasing is that you can use it to fix your phone to a window in the car or at home to do a time lapse! Much easier than mounting your phone on a tripod! For this reason I am purchasing a second one so one of us can take time lapse videos in the car while the other is using navigation!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3