Profile for Miss Day > Reviews

Content by Miss Day

Miss Day "Book worm" (France, Normandy)

Page: 1 | 2
Choose your Ovulation test strip sensitivity - 20 tests - 30mIU/mL
Choose your Ovulation test strip sensitivity - 20 tests - 30mIU/mL
Offered by Home Health (UK) Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 3 May 2016
Rubbish, every time I've used these I get an incorrect result. Followed the instructions to the letter!

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmm, 4 Oct. 2015
Started out reading this expecting the main story to be about Elizabeth and her disappearance, fully expecting the son to have topped her. But the story is more about the disappearance of Sukey, the main protagonists sister who disappeared when she was young. I was more interested in the story of her past and what happened to her sister, enjoyed coming back to those bits. At times this book is tedious and repetitive and the amount of times she asks about Elizabeth repeatedly telling people she's missing does start to drag. The book seemed to drag for long periods of time with the same thing happening but viewed as a whole it was quite clever what the author had done. The whole style of the book mimicked the illness of Alzheimer's. I was surprised that Maud wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's earlier than she was given her repetitive and often odd behaviour but once diagnosed the book still was firmly from her perspective although we do get snatches of exasperation from her daughter and a few other minor characters such as the policeman, amused to see her in again to report Elizabeth missing. It was an interesting concept to have the story told from a patient's point of view. Even if I did find this book boring in lots of places it has still stayed with me and made me think more about the illness of dementia so the author has done well.

The Truth About Dogs: The Ancestry, Social Conventions, Mental Habits and Moral Fibre of Canis familiaris
by Stephen Budiansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2015
Brilliant, fascinating and covers a lot of ground.

The Sisters Brothers
The Sisters Brothers
by Patrick deWitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The Sisters Brothers (Paperback)
Loved this book, really not my genre but I liked the write up in a newspaper so decided to buy on a whim. Very glad I did, short chapters, moved at a fast pace and found it thoroughly enjoyable, sad and funny.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick review, 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
Well written novel, did have an inkling at the beginning what the first twist would be and then the author convinced me I was wrong. Therefore I expressed surprise when original suspicions were confirmed. The second major twist I did see coming and that I guess was obvious because the author did such a good job of building up the characterization of her main character that I felt like I knew whether she was capable or not..
Read for a good novel but don't expecting there to be major unexpected twists.

Slow Cooking Curries and Spicy Dishes (Slow Cooking) (Slow Cooking)
Slow Cooking Curries and Spicy Dishes (Slow Cooking) (Slow Cooking)
by Carolyn Humphries

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jan. 2015
Received this item quite quickly and was more than satisfied. Clear concise recipes and delicious too.

Arsenal FC Leather Stadium Wallet
Arsenal FC Leather Stadium Wallet

4.0 out of 5 stars The leather wasn't as nice as I anticipated but my boyfriend loved it and ..., 4 Jan. 2015
The leather wasn't as nice as I anticipated but my boyfriend loved it and said it smelt leathery. Overall he was very happy with it.

A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, 15 Sept. 2013
I watched the TV programme first, now reading the book I can say that they've made a good adaptation. I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of blood and gore. I don't read fantasy books usually but for this I made an exception and it is riveting. The only problem is putting it down!

This Sceptred Isle: Twentieth Century (BBC)
This Sceptred Isle: Twentieth Century (BBC)
by Christopher Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars History at a glance, 17 Jun. 2013
I loved this book so much I bought one for my Mum as well. I liked the format of the book which made it really easy to dip in and out of. The book has a few pages maximum for each year with some condensed information. Each year had more about what was happening in the politics of the country rather than pop culture which I felt was appropriate but sometimes it was a little boring. Overall I would highly recommend as a fun and easy way to find out more about the 20th century and this I almost guarantee you will.

Fujifilm Finepix A820 Digital Camera - Silver (8.3MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasts well, 18 May 2013
I received this camera 5.5 years ago as a Xmas present and it has never failed me. It's a great, durable camera, easy to use and I have produced some great photos of the years using it. If I had to fault it at all it would be that occasionally a photo on the screen doesn't appear to be blurred and then when transferred onto the computer is. But this is a tiny gripe, overall I would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2