Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Rune K > Reviews

Content by Rune K

Rune K

Lucifer: The Light of the Aeon
Lucifer: The Light of the Aeon
by Sean Witt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Oct. 2016
This is a brilliant book. I have learned quite a lot from it. Things I can use and return to as serious inspirational, wonderful stuff. Self-awareness is a keyword here. Individuality is another. The destruction of the too often sought consensus, that makes everything seem less magic and more easily corrupted by hijacked language because it disintegrates the potential and possibilities in transformational solitary power. There are many interpretations in the book to reflect upon and as with any good book it opens up for the urge to further study the subjects in it. There are passages in it that are very autobiographical, others focus on different rituals and others again talk in depth about mythology, possible connections and openness concerning the doubts linked to these. There is not the slightest hint of being dictated anything which is always annoying. Instead there is a celebration of being a rebel in a way that creates challenges and with those challenges makes important moves in life, in society through inner worlds approached with honesty and courage. The solitary aspect which is very present in a lot of the contributions speaks directly to me. It says in my experience don't let anyone else hijack the language of your life, your life IS your language. It is a real celebration of freedom, of constantly working with freeing, acknowledging change as a fundamental process in life. All the contributions are written with great clarity which is surprising in itself. The many voices create a very dynamic collection. Another book in my collection now that I will return to once in a while to remember the strength of it. Of course, I highly recommend it.

Times of Day
Times of Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 29 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Times of Day (Audio CD)
This album sounds like the culmination of someone working with, living in and breathing out music. Being music. Ever so gently and thoughtful until this miracle came out. Whenever I return to it I am surprised to hear that it is even better than I remembered as if it was the musical version of generosity itself. It is timeless in the sense that it makes me forget time and it is an honour to listen to it. Boris Kovač is a composer and musician who has made so much incredible, deep and truly fabulous, unique music and this, to me, is the most brilliant masterpiece among his masterpieces. If you want to give yourself an unforgettable gift get this. And one for your neighbour, your friend, your loved ones and your dentist, perhaps. And listen to all the other albums by Boris Kovač and his different groups too if you have not already. I heartily recommend it. I would not want to be without it in my life now.

Flora
Flora

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartily recommended., 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Flora (Audio CD)
This is very pure, healing music that one can immerse one self completely in. The first time I heard it I fell asleep. It was as if it was too overwhelmingly kind. Now it is a gift that keeps unwrapping itself. Heartily recommended.

Gravity & Grace
Gravity & Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrap yourself in these sounds, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gravity & Grace (Audio CD)
This album is just breathtakingly brilliant. To wrap one self in these sounds feels so wonderful. This is music making a cocoon for wonders to develop in. Just listen.

Wild Spirituality
Wild Spirituality
by Poppy Palin

5.0 out of 5 stars Important, generous book, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Wild Spirituality (Paperback)
This is a book I recommend anyone not to miss. I have never read, and more importantly felt, a book this warm and generous, yet precisely showing an important critique of human society as it unfortunately is on some levels. If you are not deeply asleep like some zombie as some people are you will be tremendously moved by what is written here and want to include different aspects of inspiration from it. This is a book about being in the world and being of the world yet also being yourself, literally, and remembering that on the deepest levels inviting you welcome yourself and in this way share yourself with whatever means you have. Authenticity is an okay word to associate with this book. If you want change, if you want to celebrate life on so many levels yet stay firmly in the present, then this is a book of great wisdom. A wonderful book. I heartily recommend it. I love you.

In Animal Tongue
In Animal Tongue

5.0 out of 5 stars In Animal Tongue: Evangelista - a kind of a review, 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: In Animal Tongue (Audio CD)
This is to me an album I kind of thought would not ever come. It is such a distillation of everything I find so amazing, so breathtakingly wonderful because of its courageous intensity and fragility in everything Carla Bozulich touches. I am overwhelmed by most things I listen to made by her or involving her, because she has a magic way of creating with her miracle of a voice and her poetry of music making a place that I somehow feel like I have been before but never, or almost never, in this raw, this uncontrollable but yet very focused way. To me a lot of songs by or with Carla Bozulich are events. They are the exquisite moments in my collection of music which I do not want to visit too often because they are so brilliant, so close to an intensity I can relate to, I ration them a bit. In that way every single time I hear it I am home. The album "In Animal Tongue" is that home all the way. The energy that seeps through different cracks in the music is like different trains just waiting for some passenger to come aboard so someone can look through the windows of that particular window out at that particular landscape. To be that passenger feels so privileged.

To experience music made by such adventurous and great musicians like Evangelista with their many guests is superb. And the trains pass through different platforms where someone wants to show what is lost but not gone, what is in shreds but not burned to ashes, this is intimacy asking for a ticket and entering this life, this moment in the shape of music so generous it feels like it is dreaming about itself while it is moving along, the sources are definitely natural, wild and untamed, an essential humanity reaching for its potential and achieving it, then giving it away as this gift of energy, this music. I had really high expectations to this album. I was blown away by it. It is everything I hoped for but much more than that as well. I could go on and on about it but it will be too much. I only hope with this small review to have made you curious enough to check it out and experience it for yourself. It is just so unbelievably good!