Profile for Mellow Yellow > Reviews

Content by Mellow Yellow
Top Reviewer Ranking: 755

Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Patisserie de Bain Bon Bon Swirl Soap Cake Gift, Lemon
Patisserie de Bain Bon Bon Swirl Soap Cake Gift, Lemon

3.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate manufacturers packaging spoils a faultless product, 8 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second soap from the Patisserie De Bain collection I have been asked to review and like the other soap I have the same complaint. Usually this range is beautifully packed (I have tried bath bombs, bath melts etc) but the soaps are not so well catered for. As usual the fragrance is beautiful and the product itself is good quality. However, the packing this soap came in is woefully inadequate and the soap suffered damage as a result.This is not a problem for me as this was a free sample, but if this was purchased as a gift then this would not be suitable to give anyone as the presentation is so poor despite good packaging from Amazon.

The other products in this range have a cellophane window which keeps the box in shape. This product does not have this reinforcing feature and is just made of cardboard, combined with the weight of the soap means damage is likely. However, this problem would be easily fixed by the manufacturer so fingers crossed they address this problem soon as this range is lovely to give as gifts.

Remington HC5700 Precision Cut Hair Clipper
Remington HC5700 Precision Cut Hair Clipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Really simple and a faultless cut., 4 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made and easy to use clipper. I have a short cut all over as I am receding badly and this clipper provides a lovely even finish and does not pull or snag when cutting. The blade can also be made short enough to get all the fine hairs on the back of my neck which finishes the job off nicely.

It has a long battery life (about 5-6 cuts between charging) and if you do get stuck with a flat battery there is a quick charge feature which will enable you to complete the cut after just 10 minutes on charge.

The clipper is really simple to use - simply select the desired length and that's it! It is also easy to clean after use.

Tower T19014 Electric Spiralizer, 100 W
Tower T19014 Electric Spiralizer, 100 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being a user of a spiralizer for about 12 months now I was very excited to try out an electric version. I suffer with poor grip and struggle with my manual spiralizer I purchased from Lakeland, its also very messy as there is not a collecting chamber so beetroot "spaghetti" makes a dreadful mess! This electric version has a large pot to collect the veg and this does make life a lot easier. It is true that the instructions are a bit woeful but I was able to work out how to use it pretty quickly and the results were excellent. The machine is a little fiddly at first but once mastered I doubt anyone would want to go back to a manual spiralizer.

The parts are easy to wash up and I also like the fact that you can prepare the veg and put the pot straight in the fridge as this is much easier than having to transfer the cut veg into a fridge container like I had to before.

This is a cleverly designed piece of kitchenware and I would recommend it.

Patisserie de Bain Ruffle Soap Cake Gift, Sugared Violet
Patisserie de Bain Ruffle Soap Cake Gift, Sugared Violet

3.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate manufacturers packaging spoils a faultless product, 2 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third item from the Patisserie De Bain collection I have been asked to review and this is the first one I have been unhappy with. As usual the fragrance is beautiful and the product itself is good quality. However, the packing this soap came in is woefully inadequate and the soap suffered damage as a result.This is not a problem for me as this was a free sample, but if this was purchased as a gift then this would not be suitable to give anyone as the presentation is so poor despite good packaging from Amazon.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Ultra Woofer - Medium
PetSafe Busy Buddy Ultra Woofer - Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for about an hour!, 1 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog loved this toy but unfortunately it has not lasted as long as we had hoped - being destroyed in next to no time at all, about an hour! I like the idea of the edible component being hard to get to and being refillable as it "should" keep a chewing dog amused for ages. However, we had bits of rubber all over the floor within minutes and we decided to take the toy away from the dog as we were concerned about her choking on stray bits.

Not very impressed - great idea but quality needs to be improved.

Lilliput Lane "Mum's Retreat" Cottage
Lilliput Lane "Mum's Retreat" Cottage
Offered by Inspirations Gift Shop (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming little cottage., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely beautiful ornament to keep or give as a gift. This is my second piece of Lilliput Lane and it is simply amazing how much detail there is in such a small piece of work. I also like the fact that these are made in the UK which makes these feel more special and certainly adds to the charm in my opinion.

It is presented in a nice gift box but and I have read that some people keep these in the box which is a huge shame as they are so lovely to look at and admire.

This is brilliant for people just starting a collection (like myself) and I am sure it would be a welcome addition to people who already have a growing collection. The name "Mums Retreat" also makes this appealing to give to a mother.

Panasonic Bluetooth Waterproof Sport Headphone - Black
Panasonic Bluetooth Waterproof Sport Headphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and sound, just clumsy size., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones provide excellent sound and battery life along with its ability to pair quickly and simply to any bluetooth device make these ideal for people on the go. My only complaint is that they are clumsy and clumbersome to wear. The earpieces are large and feel awkward when wearing them.

Overall these are still worth considering but just be prepared that it takes a while to get used to wearing them.

Vivid Imaginations Fungus Amungus Yuck Truck (Multi-Colour)
Vivid Imaginations Fungus Amungus Yuck Truck (Multi-Colour)

5.0 out of 5 stars Squidgy, sadistic and huge fun!!!, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With the new Ghostbusters film due out it was obvious that companies would try to cash in and whilst this is not official merchandise the figures that come with this (described as fungus) remind me of ghosts from the original film, so the timing is perfect!

The toy is well made and makes some really gruesome noises which delighted my nephew and certainly made me chuckle. You can run over the creatures, smack them with the hammer, put them in the spinning chamber or even squeeze them in your hand! You might want to purchase additional creatures and they are not expensive.

This toy has not been a disappointment and would be great for any little monster!

Rose And Co Patisserie De Bain English Tea Room Handmade Bath Tartlettes 2 x 45g

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased!, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having already been lucky enough to be sent a sample of another variation of these bath bombs I knew what to expect and I was not disappointed. These are highly fragranced and beautifully presented and would make a lovely gift or treat for yourself. They are small but pack plenty of punch for even the biggest of baths!

They are lovely and glittery and skin is left feeling soft.

5 stars without any hesitation.

Lilliput Lane Christmas Feast with Deed Card
Lilliput Lane Christmas Feast with Deed Card
Offered by Preshunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully British Made, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ive never had the opportunity to look closely at a Lilliput Lane item before and I have to say that they are absolutely beautiful and it is apparent that so much work goes into making them.

This one lights up and would make a lovely addition to the Christmas collection or a great to piece to start your collection off - like me! I really like sparkly wreath on the front door which makes this feel really Christmassy,

The display box is not the best quality cardboard so be careful when opening as it rips really easily, however the box is functional and attractive.

I will definitely look to be collecting more of these and the fact they are made in the UK is a nice thing too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20