Profile for zaniac666 > Reviews

zaniac666

Skins A200 Long Sleeve Men's Compression Top - Black/Yellow, L
Skins A200 Long Sleeve Men's Compression Top - Black/Yellow, L

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing rocks!!, 12 Jun. 2012
Been looking for a Skins product for a while and finally decided on this. my first test was a 60 mile bikeride around london for charity at night. All I can say is that this thing rocked!

Be sure to check the sizing guides thoroughly as you need to get a perfect fit, to tight and you'll be compressed to smithereeens and to loose and it wont work properly. I'm of a slightly skinny build and anout 6' 2" so got a large and it fits perfectly. A bit awkward to get off and on but once there its like a second skin. Hence the name i guess!

The material has the amazing ability to keep you warm under a top layer and when I finished at 9am the sun was blaring yet the top kept me cooler than if I wasnt wearing it.

I'm not so sure about the spiel with it keeping your mucles compressed and having less fatigue but it definately wicked away all the sweat making sure I didnt catch a chill when I stopped, and the way it hugs the body certainly sent chills up my spine.

All in all definately worth the price and it'll perform better than most tops of its kind. I think I might but another one actually!

Velo 137651 Anatomic Gel Saddle Cover - Black
Velo 137651 Anatomic Gel Saddle Cover - Black
Offered by Ecoscooter,S.L.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me out once or twice, 12 Jun. 2012
I was looking for a gel seat cover for a while. The longer 40-60 mile rides i was doing were killing my butt by the end of it. Dont get me wrong if i could have got away with changing my saddle i would have but the problem is the bigger "more comfy" saddles would have been more accomodating for my rectum but boy do they look stupid on a three grand triathlon bike! That and the fact that the bigger saddles tend to chaff trhe insides of your legs and you loose a bit of power from them too.

After looking around for a bit i found this one. The other reviews said it was for a childs seat but this is not the case. It's a slim line version of other saddle covers in the range, and is best suited for thinner race/road saddles. I have a Specialized Avatar (medium sized) saddle and it fits near perfect on that. The only complaint is that its a little loose at the front end so might take a bit of adjusting whilst riding but nothing to really moan about.

The idea of getting this thing wasnt to make my saddle more comfortable (if you want to do that just get a saddle with springs or something) but to have it in my bag so that if by the 60th mile i'm starting to get a bit raw i can whip this out and make it through to the end, also making the rest of the riders green with envy (or red faced with laughter depending).

I've used it a couple of times now and the upsides are that it does make the ride a tad more comfy, gives your butt a bit more protection from the rough roads of London, is slimmer than some of the others on the market so isnt as heavy as those and doesnt look as bad on the bike, and means that i dont have to have a silly looking saddle ALL the time.Also comparitvely cheap. Downsides: Does raise the ride hieght a bit so if you ride at the top of the range like me you might want to readjust the post a bit, its quite wieghty to have in your bag on a longer ride and does look a bit stupid.

All in all if you can deal with the downsides its a really valuable piece of kit to have in your amoury and has already save my ass a couple of times