Profile for Dazzla > Reviews

Content by Dazzla

Dazzla (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MOFRED® Black & Tan Apple iPad Mini (All Versions including iPad Mini 4) Leather Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Leather Standby Case for Apple iPad Mini with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

The Dangerous World of Tommy Atkins
The Dangerous World of Tommy Atkins

4.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening read (even for army scholars)., 28 Jan. 2015
An excellent re-write of TAMs (and not a bad read) which even I found enlightening despite having passed JOTES on the first time of asking. The question we must ask is "Why didn't Paddy teach us any of this at Sandhurst?" Better late than never (hence 4 stars instead of 5).

Philips Avance Collection HR1871/00 800 Watt Juicer in Brushed Stainless Steel
Philips Avance Collection HR1871/00 800 Watt Juicer in Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by WhitehouseTrading

1.0 out of 5 stars Please look elsewhere and save yourself the hassle., 31 Dec. 2014
DO NOT BUY. Given the number of reviews referencing a burnt out motor (to which I too can testify after a few uses, a few apples and a couple of carrots the kitchen was filled with pungent smoke) it is inexplicable that a company as large as Philips can continue to market a faulty (and therefore potentially dangerous) product. Poor form Philips (and to a lesser extent Amazon for continuing to market low grade products).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 1:28 PM GMT

FOOTBALL PRESENTATION BOX SET - 15 GOLD MEDALS -50 MM METAL-WITH SCRATCH CARD AND FOOTBALL CERTIFICATES
Offered by Fundraising & Medals

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment in a box., 30 Sept. 2014
Not as advertised. Ordered for a football party - arrived with NO certificates and NO scratch card, just medals. Not impressed, especially for that price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2015 10:52 AM GMT

Magic Gel Reusable Hand Warmer Heat Pack
Magic Gel Reusable Hand Warmer Heat Pack
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Last about 5 minutes., 23 Mar. 2013
Simply, this lasts between 5 and 10 minutes once activated before it cools down hardly worth the effort, certainly not worth the cost.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement for my Garmin 405, 9 Nov. 2012
My old Garmin 405 eventually died (the recharging failed) after a good three years of constant service. This is the up to date replacement so, as before, let me give you the +ves and -ves of this watch. For clarity I use this for running, gym work (running and general weights/fitness) and cycling. I really enjoy tracking my progress on-line which helps keep me motivated.

+ves
- Much better looking watch in black - dare I say more versatile as it doesn't look out of place against a formal (work) shirt or in the gym.
- Easier access to the menu and subsequent functions. The swipe screen is much better than the old bezel system with easy access to a wide range of functions.
- Battery life is improved. My old 405 would have to be charged every 24 hours or so but the 610 is currently doing well beyond that.
- Virtual partner and virtual racer are fun functions to help your training routines.
- You can create custom workouts - again a good addition to the training portfolio
- Magnetic charging cradle is a much better design that the old 405 two pin connector.
- Good back light to see how I'm getting on with my wonderful runs home in the pitch black!

-ves
- Watch strap is pain - the old 405 had a choice and I used the velcro strap which I liked. This strap is as hard to get off as it is to get on. I can buy a velcro strap but come on Garmin!
- Water resistant or proof? I wouldn't want to stress to test it in a pool! Sure it'll take a light shower but I'd worry training in anything beyond that.
- Screen swipe is not hugely sensitive so you can do a lot of swiping to get the menu you want. Irritating (but no more so than the old bezel on the 405)
- Overall sturdiness - I wouldn't want to do an assault course or anything too impact orientated wearing this. It doesn't feel like it would survive those sorts of impacts.

So the +ves outweight the -ves. IN short a really improved version and well worth the expense (although buy on-line, the shop mark ups are brutal).

John Adams Mr Creepy Magic TV Craft Kit
John Adams Mr Creepy Magic TV Craft Kit
Offered by Universal Product Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money, 1 Oct. 2012
An hour spent trying to decipher instructions that are unintelligible resulting in a 7 year whose birthday look of excitement ended in a birthday look of bewildered disappointment. Genuinely this is not worth the money so take my advice and save it.

The Bleeding Land (Bleeding Land Trilogy 1)
The Bleeding Land (Bleeding Land Trilogy 1)
by Giles Kristian

3.0 out of 5 stars Bleeding Land - high hopes yet to be fulfilled., 25 Jun. 2012
Having read Giles's previous excellent trilogy (The Raven Series)I had high hopes of Bleeding Land. My passion for historical fiction stems from the opportunity to discover a period of history through a cracking tale supported with some really insightful historical background and research. Bernard Cornwell is the master of this genre whom many try to emulate but few match. In this book we are introduced to two bothers Mun and Tom. Their father is a prominent courtier in the court of Charles I and this forms the basis for what becomes a pretty obvious introduction to the characters and their story. Boy meets girl, tragedy strikes, brothers come to fight against each other in the Civil War. OK, so if the story is lacking at least we can immerse ourselves in some real narrative that brings the era to life. Sadly here too the book lacks any real insight or research that lets me feel the era. Indeed my impression is of an adequate (if mediocre) story with the merest hint of historical knowledge or insight. I suspect Giles was pressured by the publisher to get another book out following the success of his earlier work so I hope the sequel to this takes it up a level (or two).

Medical Carrycase
Medical Carrycase

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't pass H&S muster but will keep daughter amused., 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Medical Carrycase (Toy)
I bought this medical set to comply with H&S regulations at work. Sadly when required it failed to meet the expectations of the injured party and subsequent law suit. As a result I have passed it onto my 3 year old daughter to use for which it is much more suitable.

Coward on the Beach (Dick Coward 1)
Coward on the Beach (Dick Coward 1)
by James Delingpole

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start in the Flashman vein., 11 Mar. 2010
I read George McDonald Fraser's novels Flashman and MacAuslan and enjoyed the wit and humour alongside GMF's ability to bring a real sense of historical period to life, whether that be Victorian England or WWII. Coward at the Beach follows in the vein of GMF and is a great start to what should be a hugely entertaining series. The premise, Dick Coward's mission to 'outdo' his older brother in bravery in order for his father to leave the family estate to him, is a excellent spine off which to hang a wealth of stories. Of course, not all goes to plan...

The author has an excellent grasp of the language and humour of being a soldier (having been one I read thinking James Delingpole must have been too) and he really knows how to describe the sights, sounds and smells of the period and situation. Added to that he tells a great tale, weaving humour with a genuine ability to impart the sadness, frustration and (at times) horror of the situations our hero finds himself.

All in all a really excellent start and I look forward to the next in what I hope will be a long series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4