Profile for KirKel > Reviews

Tommee Tippee Insulated Bottle Bags x 2
Tommee Tippee Insulated Bottle Bags x 2
Offered by O.T.C. Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 24 Nov. 2009
I bought these because the insulated bottle bag that came with the nappy bag I bought is too tall for tommee tippee bottles. I was advised to feed milk the same temperature as extraction/around room temperature as soon as possible as it makes things easier so these bags are perfect for me. They keep breastmilk at the same temperature as extraction and fit snuggly around tommee tippee bottles. They really do feel very sturdy and the quality shows.

TOMMEE TIPPEE Close to Nature pure 0-3mnths
TOMMEE TIPPEE Close to Nature pure 0-3mnths

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks horrible, 24 Nov. 2009
After getting advice on which soother to buy for our breastfed baby I bought the Pure Soother only to find that it looks really terrible when it is being used. You can see right through and watch your baby sucking on it. I went straight back and returned them to the shop and exchanged them for the c-air soothers which don't make our baby look like she is wearing some sort of muzzle.

Mamas & Papas - Sit 'n' Snuggle Play Mat & Gym - Fluer F
Mamas & Papas - Sit 'n' Snuggle Play Mat & Gym - Fluer F

4.0 out of 5 stars Our best baby buy!, 24 Nov. 2009
We were lucky to be able to grab it when it was on sale at half price. We bought the sit and snuggle instead of the other Mamas & Papas mats because it has 3 raised cushions for young babies to be propped up on.

The mat is well made, soft, snuggly and great to lay baby down to sleep on (every afternoon!) if you position them correctly. Our yellow petal is a bit softer than the others from continuous use but it makes it even better for our baby to sleep on and she feels secure with her head and shoulders surrounded by the other 2 padded pillows. We have taken so many photos of her on it and are constantly told it makes a great backdrop.

Our baby doesn't like the bar (which can be pushed further through the holes so that it is lower and therefor easier to reach) as she gets frustrated after a few minutes with most dangly toys so we have removed the toys (which are attached by velcro) and she plays with them individually. She loves the rattle which you can detach from the caterpillar and we have swirled it round in the bath to keep her amused and used it to distract her from crying. The mini Lottie Ladybird makes a noise which she loves and she has been transfixed by the spots on it and now loves to hold and put it up to her mouth. The bee is her least favourite but I'm sure she'll love it once she learns to crinkle the wings by herself.

The batteries ran out on the music fairly quickly but it doesn't really need music as it just distracts from the noises the toys make. Our baby loves to touch the orangle petal with the light green circle (she must love the high contrast) so I sit with her and put her legs under it so that she can touch it (and try to munch it). The crinkly petals are a bit annoying when she is sleeping and moves her feet but we just put a blanket over them to muffle the noise - it's just a shame they aren't detachable or that they don't have a detachable crinkle pad.

This mat has seriously made our lives easier and it has been the best thing that we have bought for our baby.

The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-be
The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-be
by Armin Brott

5.0 out of 5 stars So good my husband actually read it, 30 Oct. 2009
Neither of us realised how complex pregnancy, birth and caring for a baby is. I read reviews and thought that this book sounded like the best option for the Dad to be and it was even better than I expected because he actually read it.

The informal first hand fact based format of this book and it's follow up are just what is needed to get a bloke interested and let him know that the weirdness that is pregnancy is totally normal. It's just a shame that the book is from the States.

Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
by Dr Caroline Fertleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable guide for a new Mum, 30 Oct. 2009
I, like many, was unsure of which guide to buy when there are so many guides on the market for parents to choose from. I didn't want a strict, preachy book that harped on about routines and controlled crying and after reading the reviews on this book I decided that it sounded like the best option - I was right.

As soon as it arrived I found it hard to put down as it is so interesting and informative (it even gives advice on when to send off government forms and book Dr's appointments which is another benefit of buying a U.K. book). I read so many excerpts from it to my husband that we have both referred to it on countless occasions (along with The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-be & the follow up The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year which are very informative, full of facts and first hand experiences). We are now on week 15 and since I became more relaxed I have skipped a few weeks which I intend to go back to as they contain information that is relevant throughout a baby's development.

Each week is broken down into an introduction, sleep, crying, feeding (breast and bottle), nappies, washing, development and playing, when to see a doctor & what's happening to Mum. There are also sections of additional information interspersed throughout the book. The week by week format really breaks things down into manageable chunks instead of bombarding you with information which can seem overwhelming - who knew babies could be so complicated?

Whether you buy this book during pre or post natal or for a friend or family member don't hesitate just buy it!

Page: 1 | 2