Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for pixie > Reviews

Content by pixie

pixie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE (Tuppenny Hat series Book 1)
TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE (Tuppenny Hat series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book!, 20 Nov. 2013
Can't remember reading a book as good as this since Steve Robinson!

The discriptions are good and the characters well drawn....Nice bits of humour and anyone with a memory of being a kid in the 50's will love this!

Although I do not come from the North It was easy to relate to and if you know or come from Sheffield you are in for a treat. A fab book with enough twists and turns to keep you page turning...Can't believe I got this when it was free.....Fab!

Perfecter Fusion Styler with Travel Bag, Detangle Brush and Styling Clips
Perfecter Fusion Styler with Travel Bag, Detangle Brush and Styling Clips

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this is a winner!, 9 Nov. 2013
Received the styler yesterday and could not wait to use it. I have shortish hair and was a bit worried, by the other reviews, that the brush may be too chunky for my hair. It's fine! There is a technique for adding body to short hair and the leaflet gives tips for all hair lengths...follow this and you will be fine.
Some observations.....my hair was very soft after using the styler..not dry or crispy...there was a lovely shine along with body that stayed most of the (damp) day.
The styler is for use on dry hair so I will not use the hair dryer tomorrow but will towel dry add styling product and allow to dry naturally...today I used the dryer as I was in a hurry. See how it fairs.
My hair is fine, alot of it and is as straight and fluffy as it can get..hard to style. I found the perfecter a great help in adding body.
This will be great for an evening out to revamp your hair without having to wash it, I am pleased with my purchase.

Check out Tigi salt spray for longer hair, someone on a review said it is great!

Tigi Catwalk Session Series Salt Spray 270ml

Under the Sun: Caroline Conran's French Country Cooking
Under the Sun: Caroline Conran's French Country Cooking
by Caroline Conran

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 8 Nov. 2013
There are some beutiful photographs in this book along with delicious recipes...the lamb fillet with yellow bell peppers is a real winner!
I have had this book for an age and forgot how lovely it was....will be cooking more from it now to bring a little french sunshine into the grey winter months!

Agatha Raisin: Hiss and Hers
Agatha Raisin: Hiss and Hers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Agatha!, 7 Nov. 2013
You know what you are going to get with MC Beaton....and Agatha. I really enjoyed this book!
These are the sort of books that are made for curling up on the sofa on a grey day.
Agatha is a riot, she does and says things that maybe, just maybe we'd love to say and do ourselves but there is a insecure person there really underneath all the prickles.
It's a romp through village life and full of bigger than life personalities.....but Agatha has the measure of them!
Give it a go, no gore as such and a good read.

OXO Good Grips Mango Splitter
OXO Good Grips Mango Splitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Oct. 2013
This tool works fab! I bought one as I like salsa and mango along with pineapple is my fav, I didn't buy it here but if you are considering a purchase I'd say go for it! It is a good price for an item that really does the job with no waste!

Healthy Thai Cooking
Healthy Thai Cooking
by Sri Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Healthy Thai Cooking (Paperback)
This is a great book if you love thai food but are watching the calories this is for you...Sri Owen is a marvel at keeping the food authentic but healthy too...The fish with spicy aubergine relish is wonderful!

Perfect Host: 162 easy recipes for feeding people and having fun
Perfect Host: 162 easy recipes for feeding people and having fun
by Felicity Cloake

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 13 Aug. 2013
The Crumpet recipe is the best I've tried...and I've tried alot! The pea and mint fritters are a triumph! The recipes are interesting and varied, not complicated and the writing style is easy going...a keeper for the collector of cookery books!

Healthy Indian Cooking
Healthy Indian Cooking
by Shehzad Husain

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this and eat fab Indian!, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Healthy Indian Cooking (Hardcover)
I have cooked so much out of this book and everything has been delicious and easy!
ingredients are uncomplicated and available in supermarkets, and the recipes are quick and taste authentic! Just love it!

Ornami Stering Silver Mother of Pearl Silver Swirl motif Pendant on 46cm chain
Ornami Stering Silver Mother of Pearl Silver Swirl motif Pendant on 46cm chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 28 July 2013
So pretty! So classy! So cheap for such a great necklace!

This is a present and I know the person will love it. Well made and the chain is nice too. A quality piece!

Large Freshwater Pearl drops on Sterling Silver lever back earrings with Gift Box.Made in England. Beautiful jewellery for very special people

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 28 July 2013
Can't tell you how pleased I am with these earrings! They are lovely! Very expensive looking and so sad that I have to give them away...a present....the good news? I am ordering a pair for myself!
You can pay so much more for simulated and non silver...why would you?
Gorgeous with that little black dress girls!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17