Profile for J. C. Kavanagh > Reviews

St Trinian's [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Rupert Everett
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly naughty!, 11 Jan. 2009
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
This is a wonderfully funny film! I love films full of chaos, they make me go all giggly and restless. It's hillarious, non-stop fun and it just makes you want to be in on the action. I'm so gonna by this when I have the chance.

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Abbasolutely Fabulous!, 17 Sept. 2008
You have to see this movie! I don't care who you are, what age, what gender, what musical preference. I remember listening to ABBA in the car with my Grandma and though I did enjoy the original versions (who wouldn't?) the accents threw me a little bit (like they can help it but you know). I have seen this film at the cinema 4 times. The absolute enthusiasm and feel good attitudes radiate from the start to the finish, and even the sad bits were brilliant, with Winner Takes It All tugging at the heart strings. It's true that the vocals aren't the strongest in the world, but you have to remember that these guys are not professional singers, they are actors having their own take on classics that they adore. It's a movie musical, not a stage musical, so I believe Pierce Brosnan can be forgiven. A fantastic movie that'll have you singing and dancing for weeks to come! So take a chance on this and you'll be the winner that takes it all!