Profile for Ashley W. Roughton > Reviews

Content by Ashley W. Roughton

Ashley W. Roughton "ashleyroughton" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fizik R5B Shoe grey/black Size 45 2017 bike shoes
Fizik R5B Shoe grey/black Size 45 2017 bike shoes
Offered by Sigma Sport, Kingston

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 April 2017
This is a great, well designed and durable product. The reviews are 100% accurate.

Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs: An Introduction for Life Scientists: Volume 2 (Life After Life Science)
by Dr C F Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good introduction, 24 Feb. 2017
This is a very good pamphlet which introduces the workings of the regulatory process and the way in which the pharmaceutical industries deal with it. I would recommend it. It is not a long pamphlet and it could probably be read in 2-3 hours.

The Railways: Nation, Network and People
The Railways: Nation, Network and People
by Simon Bradley

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for all comers, 20 Jan. 2017
If you are a transport economist, enthusiast or just interested in the history of just about everything to do with the way in which our unique railway system has come to be then this is the book for you. It is a good, easy and elegant read and very funny in places. There is little about the huge problems of management, coordination, moral hazard or regulation but then if there were the book would be twice as long. However this book sets you up for looking at those problems. I would recommend it.

Jackly 45 in 1 Professional Portable Opening Precision Screwdriver Hand Tools Kit Set with Tweezers & Extension Shaft for Precise Repair Mainternance
Offered by Buwicoeu

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Aug. 2016
Applying the word "precision" to this item is hopeful.

Elementary - Season 1 [DVD]
Elementary - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonny Lee Miller
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 3 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Elementary - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched one episode of this last time I was in the USA and I loved it and bought season 1. It is not like the Cumberbach/Freeman version and although a seemingly odd combination Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu do a fantastic job as Holmes and Watson without too much tension or innuendo getting in the way. The scenarios are well thought out and Aidan Quinn (as Inspector Gregson of NYPD) and Jon Michael Hill are very well cast as the policemen. Miller's portrayal of Holmes is portrayed as a high functioning sociopath but with much more humanity in him than the Cumberbatch version.

Total Portuguese (Learn Portuguese with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total Portuguese (Learn Portuguese with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Virginia Catmur
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good Portuguese course, 13 Sept. 2014
This is a very good product which works on the basis of a simple but very good method, though you get out what you put in - I do the course in the mornings on the train to work and my fellow passengers are bemused when I repeat the sentences under my breath. The other reviews are correct and it is useful going through the course with the two (occasionally stumbling) students and Paulo, the native Portuguese speaker with a very nice sonorous Portuguese voice. I am on disk 2 and it is slow going for me but I am already gaining confidence and am able to predict how to say what the teacher asks for. I would recommend this course. I would suggest that lessons (which are about 5-8 minutes in length) are repeated 3-4 times.

Handmade Birthday Card - "Heart Design" Hand Crafted Birthday card, Blank Inside

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit the spot, 10 May 2014
Lovely cards - hit the spot with my girlfriend. I would recommend these people. A little more expensive but worth paying extra.

The Theoretical Minimum: What You Need to Know to Start Doing Physics
The Theoretical Minimum: What You Need to Know to Start Doing Physics
by George Hrabovsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Not thorough enough, 10 May 2014
A PhD in Applied mathematics and a distinction in my chemistry degree for my quantum mechanics paper did not enable me to follow clearly the derivation of the least action principle, why it was relevant (other than an assertion that it was) and how Lagrange's equation was derived. Even knowing how to do it myself did not enable me to follow the reasoning employed on pages 112 and 113. A simple series of steps, explaining the underlying mathematics aids reasoning and insight like nothing else. Give it a try guys, your book sales will go stellar.

This last aspect (of Lagrangian mechanics) is crucial for understanding how Newtonian mechanics works and the derivation of the equation jumps in first and starts. I would not recommend this book for the novice to Lagrangian mechanics (which really is quite simple if well explained).

UK Gear PT-1000 NC Mens Road & Trail Running Shoe - Grey-Chili Pepper-White-Black-Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good shoe from UK Gear, 1 July 2012
I am nothing to do with UK Gear and indeed I am a little annyoyed with them for running out of stock on me. However I persevered (there was a couple of days in it and it was not their fault - they offered a same price alternative almost immediately) and got this shoe. It has so far proven to be an excellent shoe and fits my foot wonderfully. Although I have been positive about other UK Gear shoes in the past it always seemed as if my (well cut) toe nails and training shoes were going to argue. With this shoe not a bit of it. I find I can run with this shoe for the first time with comfort - no nail problems, no rubbing on the skin above my heel and no tightness around the arch. The shoe is reasonably light (though not the lightest I have ever worn) and well worth the price. It wears well on the tread mill as it does on the muddy track. It cleans easily (low temperature wash) too.

Knightsbridge T46KIT - T4 6w Fluorescent Slimline Kitchen Link Light (Triple Pack with 2x LC1 Link Leads)
Offered by ElectricalWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you look good at DIY, 8 Nov. 2011
This product is for you if you are short on time, need to install undercabinet lighting and want to look good at DIY without putting on (or buying) special kit or emplying special 'helpers'.

You can link each unit (up to ten) so as to form a strip from one power source. Also there is no blink, usually associated with flourescent lighting. Each light is about 20cm long and its associated unit has an on/off switch. They can be located to wooden or wood like surfaces by a simple wood screw and suitable brackets are supplied. Two brackets are supplied per unit and two different kinds of bracket are also supplied (one kind for locating on horizontal surfaces and the other for vertical surfaces.

This is a good product, robust and withstands a modest drop.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3