Profile for Read Love Laugh > Reviews

Content by Read Love Laugh

Read Love Laugh

MOSISO Laptop Sleeve, Canvas Fabric Case Bag Cover for 12.9 iPad Pro / 13-13.3 Inch MacBook Air/ Pro /Laptops / Notebook Ultrabook with Small Case for MacBook Charger or Magic Mouse, Chevron Hot Blue
Offered by Mosiso UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, beautiful sleeve, 21 Aug. 2015
I love this sleeve - it is as beautiful as in the picture. I love the colors, and the materials seem high-quality. The interior is soft and lovely. All in all, a great product. Delivery was prompt and without problems. The only slight issue I have with the product is a slight stuffy smell ("warehouse smell"), but I am sure this will evaporate quickly. All in all I'm very pleased and would order this again if I had the choice.

BareMinerals Matte Foundation, Golden Fair 6 g
BareMinerals Matte Foundation, Golden Fair 6 g
Offered by Fragrance New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for my sensitive skin, 4 Nov. 2013
I have always struggled with sensitive skin prone to break outs. Also, since I have very yellow undertones I have struggled to find a good hue foundation. This product is really good for my skin; I seem to have no problems with break outs while using this and also it seems to improve the texture of my skin.

The only thing I don't love about it is that its easy to make a bit of a mess when applying it; getting powder on my clothes, wash basin, table or whatever is around. But that's my fault, not the product's ;)

French Parents Don't Give In: 100 parenting tips from Paris
French Parents Don't Give In: 100 parenting tips from Paris
by Pamela Druckerman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but essentially the same as French Children Don't Throw Food, 4 Nov. 2013
I like the book, the author's writing style and her child-rearing tips. She is down to earth and gives sound, well-grounded advice. The only issue I have with this book is that the tips are basically the same as in her previous book, just presented in a different way. So if you already have that one you might not need this one. If you have neither, either one would be a good choice. This one is more of a handy manual where you can look up whatever interests you at the moment. The other one is written more as a story, very emjoyable as well.

Before She Was Mine
Before She Was Mine
by Kate Long

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised to see all the raving reviews!, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Before She Was Mine (Paperback)
Kate Long was a new author to me. I won't be picking up another one of her books anytime soon. None of the main characters held any appeal to me, and in my view they were also not believable. The author just did not let us close any of them, their personalities were not opened up at all, I never learned to understand them and I did not feel like I could empathize with any of them.

There were lots of surprising turns in the story, but none of them developed into an interesting storyline. The most interesting pages in the book were where the reader gets to read some notes of the case worker handling Freya's adoption as a baby, but not even this opportunity was developed into anything more. I feel like the author had plenty of opportunity to develop the story into something interesting but it just never happened.

This was one of those books that I struggled to finish, as I did not at all enjoy my time with this book. It is rare for me to be so critical of a book that I cannot finish, but this time it was very close.

One Hundred Names
One Hundred Names

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but turned out very boring, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: One Hundred Names (Kindle Edition)
I was intrigued by the idea behind this book and looked forward to an exciting read. I was disappointed. The characters failed to spark my interest, including Kitty, the main character who I found to be actually quite unlikeable. The characters remained flat and uninteresting throughout, as did the "story". There were some sparks and highlights, such as the quirky and heart-warming story about Mary-Rose. Regrettably, the other interesting character died right at the start of the book. I found myself skimming faster and faster just to finish the book, getting little enjoyment. The book just wasn't real and engaging, the characters weren't believable.

The ending was ok, even though the reader would have hoped for something more after 300+ boring pages - something to make the time spent seem less wasted.