Profile for D. McNeill > Reviews

Content by D. McNeill
Top Reviewer Ranking: 995

D. McNeill "Big D" (England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need To Know About Global Politics

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, 28 Aug. 2016
Once in a while a book comes along and really changes your view on the world. This is one of those books.
I consumed this book with great gusto. Each page had a "I never realised that" or "of course" moment within it.
Concise, thought provoking and straight to the point. It was a pleasure to read and learn from.
Highly Recommended.

Sports Camera wifi1080p 60fps 4K Waterproof Action Camera 16MP 170°Ultra-wide with TWO batteries + Accosseries
Offered by Efine

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 26 Aug. 2016
Bought this for the kids to play with in the pool on holiday.
I wasn't expecting much but this is a decent quality bit of kit for the money. Really surprised at the amount of kit/batteries/mounts you get as well as an SD card.
Image quality is on a par with a high end camera phone. Very usable images for numerous bike rides, car journeys or just fun in the sun.
You can get better quality but it will cost you 5 times the money. Is that price worth it? And to be honest the image quality will not be that much better.
I would highly recommend this product just for a dash cam let alone for all its other uses.
Probably my best buy this year.

Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Offered by C&A Sewing Machines

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and easy to learn on, 16 Aug. 2016
I researched sewing machines quite extensively before buying this one for my wife as she was starting sewing lessons,
She is very happy with this. Does all the basics and then some. Apparently much easier than the ones she uses at class.
Janome is recommended by her teacher and as it hasn't so much as hiccuped in the year+ she been using it. Recommended.

Craghoppers Men's Classic Kiwi Zip Off Convertible Walking Trousers - Black Pepper, Regular-36 inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Strides, 16 Aug. 2016
Great pair of light weight trousers for walking or travel.
Really like the smaller elasticated pocket within the leg pocket. Keeps a phone or multi-tool from rattling around. Zipped pockets everywhere which are great for keeping wallets and passports secure. Belt isn't anything special but it's airport friendly.
Relaxed fit, light and quick to dry. Recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 1 Aug. 2016
I bought one of these a couple of years back and it worked really well so i bought two this year,
There is no way i can keep two young children clean for two weeks on holiday or camping but this stuff works and does what it says. Socks and grass stained shorts come up clean quite easily with a bit of rubbing.
Recommended.

3 x Avon Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Body Spray-The Alternative to Insect Flies Mosquito Flea Repellent - Even Great For Horses Cats Dogs
Offered by Place of Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 1 Aug. 2016
As long as I have covered all exposed parts I don't get bothered by anything that stings or buzzes.
I was sat on Hadrian's Wall, in full midgey season, taking photographs for a couple of hours and didn't get bit once.
You can also spray a couple of squirts on your hands and run them through your hair to keep them biting your scalp.
Also works very well as an after sun treatment. Possibly better than products solely designed for sunburn.
It's a dry oil so once you have rubbed it in it leaves no shine or oil slick. It does smell a bit feminine for a few minutes after application but that soon goes and it smells so much better than any Deet product.
I have been using it now for years and wouldn't be without it.

2 x XPEL Mosquito Insect Repellent TRAVEL PLUG IN & REFILL FOR EUROPEAN USE - LASTS 45 DAYS
Offered by M&B Bargains

1.0 out of 5 stars Buzz Free ..........but not this time, 1 Aug. 2016
Have they changed the formula recently?
These quite simply didn't work this time. I had numerous mosquitoes in our room and these didn't effect them at all or stop others from joining in the feeding frenzy. I even had a bunch of them waiting about on the wall directly above the plug in.

Mountain Warehouse Mens Rash UV Protection Vest Swimming Diving Surfing Top Cobalt X-Large
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost my muscles in my 20's, 30 July 2016
I'm normally a Large but this garment is supposed to be tight fitting and remorselessly shows all the parts that you usually suck in when talking to members of the opposite sex. ( I can hold my breath for two minutes now but my voice goes squeaky after one!). With this in mind I sized up to XL. I'm glad I did as it now fits like a regular t-shirt.

Great for swimming in and keeping me sunburn free as I can usually burn under a 60 watt bulb.
I've had a MW rash vest before and I fully expect this one to wear and last as well as my last.

Helikon Men's SFU NEXT Trousers Navy Blue Ripstop size L Reg
Helikon Men's SFU NEXT Trousers Navy Blue Ripstop size L Reg
Offered by Military 1st

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour Blind, 1 July 2016
I really love these pants. They fit a bit on the baggy side but that's how I need them for my job with all the bending, lifting and climbing I have to do.
They seem really well made with double stitching or reinforced seams. lovely and light and the size adjusters mean that you can get away without wearing a belt.
The pockets are a cut above all the other work pants I've had. The side cargo pockets have elasticated strapping in them to hold multi tools etc in place. All pockets are large and useful however I would have liked one with a zip for wallets or phones. Saying that the leg ones are held down with Velcro and a button.
Only three stars though as I ordered Blue. These are labelled as Navy Blue. But by any stretch of the imagination these are black with a slight blue tinge in certain lights. Next to a black t-shirt or boots they look a funny black. I took them into work to check if I could get away with them as my uniform is blue. The first thing the boss asked me was "why had I bought black pants?" With my works blue polo shirt on these look black.
Trousers arrived within two days. Great service. Really really hate to send these back but I'm going to have to.

Beechfield Unisex Ultimate 5 Panel Contrast Baseball Cap With Sandwich Peak / Headwear (One Size) (Black/Bright Royal)
Offered by 247Clix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Caps On, 17 Jun. 2016
Standard baseball cap made from decent material. This is as good as anything you can buy with a fancy logo on.
I ordered one with a blue coloured strip for the peak and the colour is exactly as advertised.
It comes with front stiffeners to help keep its shape and has a Velcro strap at the back for size adjustment.
I have a huge head and this fits with room to spare.
Arrived bang on time. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20