Profile for Mr Jay White > Reviews

Content by Mr Jay White

Mr Jay White (Mansfield, Nottinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncomforable but effective., 14 Dec. 2012
If this must be used every day, be prepared to either sit or stand still for an hour as its really not designed to be
used while moving around. After a few adjustments, you get used to it,but it's just trial and error to see how it is most comfortable.
The only positive effect so far is stronger erections, more solid,
however no visible length but its only been a month so time will tell.

I should imagine if one where to persist in using it every day for a year there would definitely be a positive result.

Verbatim 43643 16x DVD-R Lightscribe 4.7 GB (Spindle Pack of 10)
Verbatim 43643 16x DVD-R Lightscribe 4.7 GB (Spindle Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you use lightscribe and burn games this is ideal!, 20 Nov. 2012
I have been trying to backup all of my old playstation 2 games as they are now becoming very rare.
Copying and burning onto these disks seems to work very well, as long as one records on either 4 speed or 8 speed.
Its definitely worth it to save wear and tear of my original disks.

The lightscribing works well, especially with surething lightscribe software, and the original lightscribe software setting at a darker contrast for a better image.

burning a disk and lightscribing a disk takes a total of around only one hour, which is pretty good if you want to back up your originals.

ive tried many types of disks and these seem to work well for my purposes.

the company i got them from was pretty darn quick to deliver which helps a lot.

id recommend these to anyone!

FIFA 13 (PS2)
FIFA 13 (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but annoying., 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS2) (Video Game)
I have played and have kept quite a few Fifa games over the years.
As a fan of PS2 I refuse to pay a fortune on a PS3 just for better graphics,
and was pretty impressed when I first played this on my PS2.
The graphics re pretty much what you would expect for a console thats 12 years old.
The main difference I noticed was the gameplay.

The players seem to have much more intellegence and are more realistic in their movements.
It's not as simple as previous versions, and you really have to plan ahead a lot more.
I found the camera angle annoying but changing to sideline view on long distance helped a lot.
I also used control setup 7 as that seemed to work best for me.
Shooting from free kicks is not as easy as other versions, and a lot of guess work is needed.
tackling other players is extremely tough, and I found myself constantly slide tackling justto get the ball, or when I did get the ball It would move ahead of my player so that it would get taken yet again.
Saying that, the game is extremely rewarding, although you may not get as many 10-0 wins, when you do win a game it is a very good feeling.

The highlights at the end of the match dont really highlight the best bits at all which is a bit of a let down.
All in all, if you stick with it, it does become annoyingly addictive, and I still feel ambivalent towards it.
I would rate it an 8 out of 10,
but to be honest if you want the best one, in my opinion, just buy Fifa 2005 for around 2 pound on Amazon, its probably the best out of all of them!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 8:58 PM GMT

Pandorum [DVD]
Pandorum [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Quaid
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars You must see this movie!, 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Pandorum [DVD] (DVD)
For anyone that loves sci-fi and horror this is a rare must see movie.
I stumbled across it and had never heard of it, like many other sci fi movies, so was quite surprised after watching it.
without giving too much away, the storyline builds with some amazing twists, and the action also builds to a very scary level.
I now rate this among my top ten favourite sci fi movies ever, and I have seen a LOT, maybe 2-3 hundred from all over the world.

The mind games that this film achieves, are something so good that you may want to watch it twice to get a better
understanding of it.

The mix, of sci fi , horror, suspense, all combines to make this an amazing movie.
Considering how old this movie is, it blew me away compared to some of the much newer stuff, it's just so intense !

I would highly recommend this movie to anyone that loves sci fi, horror, suspense, excitement, and what appear to be nasty versions of "Avatar" but are actually something else!

9 out of 10 from me!

Distort Cube
Distort Cube
Offered by Price Drop UK

1.0 out of 5 stars dont waste your money, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Distort Cube (Toy)
I had been looking at getting one of these as i never completed them the first time they got released.
however cheap does not mean cheerful and the shoddiness of this product shows from the first time you open the box.

the first one i ordered fell to bits as soon as i opened it.
the second one they sent for free, has just fallen apart after less than a week of careful use.
the movement sticks, and does not twist smoothly at all.

In fact i even tried to put the thing back together when it broke but the pieces were so weak and flimsy that it just broke into even smaller pieces.

If you are going to buy one of these then buy 5 as they wont last long at all, epecially for kids.

I consider my self a sensible adult and if it breaks when someone like me uses it, a child would have no chance, so its not even worth getting one as a gift for a childs birthday.

If you really want to get a good one, get a proper rubiks one and pay the money, thats what ive decided to do.

Gutted, i really thought i was onto solving the cube when it fell apart on me !

International Pool Championship (PS2)
International Pool Championship (PS2)
Offered by total-gamer

4.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 3 Aug. 2012
not a bad game, does what it says, but its just a little boring.
it needs some upbeat music or something .

the sound effects of the balls and the game dynamics are spot on, and its a very nice looking crisp game,
it just lacks the excitement.
there is no speech, and it all seems a little TOO relaxed!

Personally I recommend getting super monkey ball deluxe, which had lots of mini games, including pool, which is much more fun than this one is.

However, this is a good game for the price and if you like pool then do get it, just for the playability and nice graphics.

Wireless Powershock Controller (PS2)
Wireless Powershock Controller (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product!, 3 Aug. 2012
I have had lots of wireless controllers and this is surely the best. Its slightly smaller than the standard playstation controller but not by much, and at least its not one of those huge chunky things.

It has a nice feel about it, and had an easy to use turbo function... i used it a lot when playing Grandia.

I use rechargable batteries and they usually last for 1-2 weeks depending on how many hours you spend using it, which i think is not bad at all.

The receiver is a little on the large side, but thats just me being picky.
The controller feels very comfortable to use, and is very responsive, apart from when playing games like soul calibur and tekken... obviously a tiny fraction delay on games like that and your character is smush!

But all in all I love this controller, and now i never use wired controllers any more.

I even have an adapter so that i can now use it on my laptop too!

I highly recommend this one, and I dont say that very often, but this one really is worth every penny!

Ultimate Mind Games (PS2)
Ultimate Mind Games (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly for the backgammon., 3 Aug. 2012
I got this game for one reason.. i couldnt find a backgammon game anywhere.

There are many other games to play on this disk but most are a little unheard of.

saying that, i do enjoy the backgammon and its definitely worth the money for that alone!

Another good one for the collection.

Splashdown 2: Rides Gone Wild (PS2)
Splashdown 2: Rides Gone Wild (PS2)
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars O yes im so glad i found this game!, 3 Aug. 2012
I lost this game ten years ago when i moved home, but now i finally have it again and im so pleased.

The game is just brilliant, a little like hydro thunder but soooo much more fun.

there are lots of levels and other things to unlock, and the levels do get very hard in points later on.

I love the way you can do tricks to build up turbo bars, and the way you can combine tricks like you can on cool boarders is great fun.

The music really is brilliant, and its what makes the game stand out.

Its fast its fun, and keeps you wanting more... better than any other game of its type, and the graphics are brilliant considering how old this game is!

Go and buy it now, you wont regret it!

Rink Drink Crown Bottle Opener - Chrome Finished Stainless Steel
Rink Drink Crown Bottle Opener - Chrome Finished Stainless Steel
Offered by Glamour Sales Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job well., 3 Aug. 2012
cheap and nice, light, works well, it just seems to be peeling all ready, but for the price its well worth the money
and will come in handy at bbqs and xmas !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3